“Pretty terrible service, but the food was great”
Review of Lady At The Levee - CLOSED

Lady At The Levee
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Atlanta, Georgia
“Pretty terrible service, but the food was great”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Let's just say they only smiled at us as we left.

The food was very good: The honey yeast rolls were AMAZING. The salad was fresh and included real greens and candied pecans. We got the peel & eat shrimp (I'd pass on this) and the fried catfish which was pretty darn tasty.

• Visited March 2013

Sydney, Australia
“Family run business with down home cooking”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The service on the night we went was a little patchy, but the food was copious and very good.

A good choice for dinner when in Clarksdale

Visited February 2013
Providenciales
“This Lady will exceed your expectations”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Lady of the Levee is an outstanding restaurant by any standards. Located on the Mississippi River in Clarksdale, Mississippi, this fine seafood restaurant is owned and managed by Calvin and Joyce Ordway-Moore. We found the restaurant by asking locals for their recommendations.
The menu features mostly seafood, but at least one chicken dish and several beef dishes are available. My partner had the grilled salmon with wild rice and broccoli. He deemed the salmon perfect and the rice and broccoli delicious and cooked á pointe. I had Shrimp Martini which consisted of succulent jumbo shrimp served with a cocktail sauce and another kind of sauce. I preferred the cocktail sauce, but my partner tried a shrimp with both and gave the other sauce a high rating. I also had an exquisite salad of fresh field greens, juicy cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and candied pecans topped with a honey-mustard dressing. The salad normally comes with shredded cheese, croutons and vinaigrette, but I requested that they hold the cheese and croutons and switch the honey-mustard dressing for the vinaigrette. I’m still smiling at the memory of that delectable combination of flavors!
Lady at the Levee’s bread was as notable as the rest of the meal. Square mini biscuits were denser than average rolls yet light and flavorful. I thoroughly enjoyed them plain while my partner dipped them in the accompanying honey.
As if the foregoing were not enough to recommend Lady at the Levee, our experience was further enhanced by our waitress, Littissue. Littissue is a professional, not batting an eye when we inquired extensively about the offerings and preparations, and ultimately requested changes to our selections. She was undaunted, pleasant and efficient without being overly solicitous. We also enjoyed her wine recommendation, and please note that not all Clarksdale restaurants feature wine (although they are happy to accommodate by opening a bottle you bring without charging a corkage fee).
If you find yourself near Clarksdale, Mississippi and you’ve a yen for seafood, treat yourself to a memorable meal at Lady of the Levee. Ironically, our dinners there were not only the tastiest we enjoyed during our stay in Clarksdale, but they were also the most reasonable.

Lady of the Levee/ Fine Seafood Restaurant/ 313 Sunflower Avenue/ Clarksdale, MS 38614
For questions or reservations: 662-627-3395; Joyce: 662-457-5465; Calvin: 662-313-5515

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank darbyoshaughnessy
Ottawa, Ontario
“One the best meals I've ever had!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were in Clarksdale as part of our 'blues pilgrimage'. Stopped in here for lunch on a Sunday. Fantastic! This was real home cooked soul food and the best candied yams I've ever tasted. Service was great and the food was served quickly. While it was a limited lunch menu, there was something for everyone and excellent value. I'd highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
Cabot, Arkansas
“Slap yo Momma Good!!!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here on a weekend trip from Arkansas & walked in starving after skipping breakfast but left stuffed. Casual atmosphere...a little crowded & busy but busy is good when looking at a restaurant. So we got a good laugh at the so called "menu" which was their items of the day hand-written on a piece of paper. It had 3 meat choices & 5 veggies. You choose 1 meat & 2 sides for $9.99. My boyfriend had fried pork chops, mashed potatoes & gravy, & mac-n-cheese. I had fried catfish, black-eyed peas, cornbread, & collard greens. Ok, so I grew up in S. Central Arkansas & this food reminded me of my grandma's cooking. Of course we both had iced tea & we both cleaned our plates. It was a perfect Southern Sunday afternoon meal & we both just loved it. Was some of the best cooked catfish I've ever had (& I've had a LOT of catfish). If you love Southern Soul Food....stop here. You won't be sorry.