“The Best Place to Stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clarksdale
The Lofts at the Five & Dime
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I travel all over MS for my job. This is the best hotel I have stayed in by far. I will stay again and again any time I am out in the Delta region. Thanks for the great hotel! I will recommend it to all my friends and co-workers!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

This place is so very nice! Close to everything and everyone was friendly! A short walk to restaurants, museums and music. I will definitely try to go back during one of the festvals or plan to be here on a weekend since that's when you hear most of the live music.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you are considering spending a night in or around Clarksdale, this is a wonderful place to stay. All of the amenities of home, including a full kitchen and a walk-in closet (just to name a couple), are here. The location is excellent, right in the middle of downtown, and provides a very short walk to some good restaurants as well as Red's and Ground Zero for blues enthusiasts.

1  Thank waltvark
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Do not miss this experience. If you happen to be following the Blues Trail or planning it. This is where you need to stay. We were in Loft "A". It was a African/Asian themed loft with many interesting art objects.

The place was clean and afforded a really good place to stay in Clarksdale, which there seems to be nothing except the lofts. I have heard Ground Zero might have something, but you can't go wrong here.

My wife; after seeing the rest of the area; was very afraid.... up to the point we walked into the loft and then she was impressed and happy. The area is pretty depressed and not the greatest representation of MS.

If you are going to be in Clarksdale. Make this the place to stay.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I work in Clarksdale every few years, but I usually commute to Lula. I was thrilled when a co-worker encouraged me to try the lofts, so I wouldn't be driving an hour a day. What a nice surprise!!! Beautiful decor, VERY clean, and I loved the large library in unit A. The kitchen was stocked with everything I could need for utensils, etc., and I loved the complimentary sodas in the fridge. Bubba was so gracious even checking on our group. I loved the code entry system, and parking was a breeze. I also loved the yazoo pass restaurant downstairs. Stay here for sure!!!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

If no one told you, you would miss this well-kept secret of the best home away from home in this small town. The Lofts at the Five & Dime offers living quarters that are secure and most accommodating. When I stepped into my loft, instantly I felt like I was at home--for me that's a big deal! The follow through and hospitality of the staff surpasses any that I've experienced in the last 20 years. As long as they have a loft available, this is where I intend to stay when visiting my home town.

Room Tip: Prepare for an experience you won't forget.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The owner goes the extra mile -- period. The place is clean, well-appointed, with all of the things one might expect and lots of little touches you might not. Our biggest regret was not planning to stay longer. Our place was super quiet yet very convenient to many of the local attractions (museums, blues clubs). And when Bubba warns you that there are no Clarksdale restaurants open for breakfast Sunday morning (unless you could McDonalds), you'd better believe him. The next time I go to Clarksdale, I'll be staying at the Lofts at the Five & Dime; otherwise, I'd rather not go.

Room Tip: Just pick one. They're all on the second floor, and they are all nicely done.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clarksdale
Hampton Inn Clarksdale
#2 of 5 in Clarksdale
Edwardian Inn
Edwardian Inn
#1 of 3 in Helena

Been to The Lofts at the Five & Dime? Share your experiences!