“Great experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clarksdale
The Lofts at the Five & Dime
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The owner goes the extra mile -- period. The place is clean, well-appointed, with all of the things one might expect and lots of little touches you might not. Our biggest regret was not planning to stay longer. Our place was super quiet yet very convenient to many of the local attractions (museums, blues clubs). And when Bubba warns you that there are no Clarksdale restaurants open for breakfast Sunday morning (unless you could McDonalds), you'd better believe him. The next time I go to Clarksdale, I'll be staying at the Lofts at the Five & Dime; otherwise, I'd rather not go.

Room Tip: Just pick one. They're all on the second floor, and they are all nicely done.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I went to Clarksdale for business and stayed all the way in Greenwood before someone recommended The Lofts. We ended up moving out of Greenwood and into The Lofts. I wish we'd known about it prior to staying elsewhere, because it's truly a great place to stay. Full amenities, so much space, very clean, very upscale in a small-town way. I was very impressed and Bubba, you were a wonderful host and it was a pleasure to meet you. There are no negatives to staying here, whether it's for one night or for weeks on end. I'd actually love to just sell my house and move there permanently! I will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it! Beth, Brandon, MS

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I have frequented Clarksdale, MS often on business over the last 10 years and I must admit that I have stayed at some very one of a kind places that this town is so well known for. They have places that are just a one of a kind experience at the Lofts are no exception. The Lofts are by FAR the nicest and most accomodating place to stay while visiting this unique town. While staying there, you are right in the heart of downtown and within walking distance of most every place you would want to go. I give this place a big thumbs up!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JGrantB
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We travel all over the world and never expected to be treated to one of our (now) favorite places to stay, The accomodations are high-end and what you might expect to receive only in a boutique hotel or loft in a major city. A wonderful surprise. The hospitality, however, is what you could only hope to receive in the old south. Bubba is a great spokesman for Clarksdale. On our second day we accidentally bumped into him on the street and he enthusiasticlly/kindly took us in tow for a tour of a historic downtown site. Easy 2-4 block walk to blues venues and Delta Blues Museum. We highly recommend.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Bubba O'Keefe just makes you feel at home in this place. Robin, the woman who runs the cleaning service, greeted us and spent time showing us around. They designed the rooms with ample space and all the amenities. We did not want for anything. The location on Yazoo Ave. provides easy access to nearly all the attractions in town and Yazoo Pass coffee shop on the ground floor serves great coffee and espresso, delicious sandwiches (try their version of a BLT), and light meals (do not miss the Cookie Royale). We recommend The Lofts without reservation. You will not regret your time there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Stayed here for our 29th anniversary and could not be more pleased with our stay. The Lofts are FIRST CLASS in every way. Bubba was more than accommodating and followed up after our arrival to make certain all was satisfactory. It was indeed far more than satisfactory. If you are heading to Clarksdale for any reason (ours was to see the British ReInvasion at Ground Zero) — THIS is the place to stay!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was my favorite place to stay. We had a great time and a great experience. They had everything you needed. Thank you guys for making my vacation better. I will stay again. It was close to everything within walking distance to a lot of spots. I only wish there was A Five and Dime everywhere we stay then it would be perfect!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple