Open today: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Clarksdale, Mississippi History 101

Billy will teach you more about Clarksdale and the surrounding area in three hours than you can... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
recordfiend
Fantastic Insight to the 'Birthplace of the Blues'

We were fortunate enough to do the three hour tour of Clarksdale with Billy. Not only does Billy... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
davinagibb
Albury, Australia

All reviews hour tour three hours tennessee williams awesome tour red jeep white house guest house the mighty mississippi river his hometown highest recommendation in depth knowledge clark house his wife an adventure music scene doesn t old friends
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2017

it gives you a great insight of the Clarksdale area, particular the city, it is coming back after a set back and people are moving back into Clarksdale, we are regular travelers but this is a experience that gives you not only knowledge of the place, blues, shops, restaurants, Mississippi river and area only, Chilli Billy has an amazing background in history, & farming in the area, and the music world of blues he knows like we never experienced!

Date of experience: December 2017
PoorWilliam, Owner at Delta Bohemian Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

You guys were awesome! Thank you for taking a tour and thank you for being such cool, interactive listeners! Hope to see y’all again one day! Cheers! Chilly :)

Reviewed November 24, 2017

We have rarely learned so much in three hours. Seriously. Billy is an anomaly in today’s world — a real Renaissance man who has earned three degrees, had several careers, and grew up in Clarksdale though he’s lived many places. There is nothing he doesn’t know about and yet his tour never sounds rehearsed or “canned.” He adjusted to his audience (Americans from California who’ve lived all over the States and are now in Santa F, and Brits from London who also live in Cannes, France), was interested in all of us and simply made us understand more about the Delta (and the South). There was no question he wouldn’t answer, and his honesty was refreshing and made us like the Delta and his hometown even more. It’s not a perfect place by any means, but Billy showed us its charms, it’s tough side, it’s beauty. We ended with a winter sunset on the levee, which could not have been more perfect. Book ahead. We got lucky during an off week when our British friends mentioned they’d read that Billy had good ratings on TA. We’d seen this, but thought we wouldn’t have time. We DID have time, and if you don’t, MAKE TIME, Billy is that good.

1  Thank LLM1710
PoorWilliam, Manager at Delta Bohemian Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2017

Wow! Thank you so much for your generous review and for your winsome, inquisitive company while touring! Y’all blessed us! Thank you! Cheers and hope to see you again one day! Billy :)

Reviewed November 18, 2017

Before going to Clarksdale, I perceived it as the blues music capital of the world, but after Billy's tour, it was easy to realise that it is so much more than that. The tour was extremely informative without being too much information at once, and I feel as if Billy took us to a lot of places that otherwise would've gone unseen. Great fun, and I would do it again because I'm sure there's even more to learn!

Date of experience: November 2017
PoorWilliam, Manager at Delta Bohemian Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2018

Thank you for your generosity! I had a ball!!!

Reviewed November 14, 2017

Chilly Billy's Delta Bohemian Tour is an absolute must do for anyone travelling to Clarksdale. I've been there at least 6 or 8 times, and know a bit about the place, but Billy is on a whole different level. He gives an entertaining and highly informative view of the history of Clarksdale, but also on a deeper level, how it's people and the surrounding areas informed the culture and the blues. Whether it's walking through the Clark house, standing in a cotton field, or on the banks of the Mississippi, with Billy, it has so much more meaning than if you just did it on your own.

Billy is an eclectic character, a historian, a journalist, an intelligent man with a superb vocabulary and a great sense of humour. He's a great communicator and he knows his stuff. I took a group of university students on his tour and they all rated it as a highlight of our journey.

I cannot recommend Delta Bohemian Tours highly enough. Don't hesitate - just do it.

Date of experience: November 2017
PoorWilliam, Owner at Delta Bohemian Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2017

Wow! Thank you Garry! You and crew were a blessing to tour around! Y’all were inquisitive, thoughtful, attentive and “got” the charm of the Delta! I thank all y’all for being such winsome touristas and thoroughly enjoyed Luke’s impromptu performances! Cheers, and see you again some day! Billy :)

Reviewed September 2, 2017

I grew up in the cotton fields along the levee unaware of all the history surrounding me. I listened to the blues being sung by cotton choppers and thought nothing of it. I remember a tall thin black man in a woman's coat with fur around the collar. I now know that was Muddy Waters. Billy (Poor William) brings the Delta alive in his tour. If you love the blues, this is the best tour in the Delta.

Date of experience: March 2017