“Okay Stay”

Best Western Canton Inn
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed September 5, 2012

This was a walkin booking. We were in Mississippi and too tired to travel home. I get a discount at Best Western so we stayed here. The room were nice. The hallway near the stairs were line with large TVs. It appeared there were being repaced with flat screen TVs. We were only passing through and it meet our needs for the night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Let me start out by saying I am a platinum member in the Best Western loyalty program, as well as the HHonors. I have stayed at my fair share of hotels both good and not so good. THIS HOTEL TAKES THE CAKE AS THE WORST, FILTHIEST HOTEL I HAVE EVER SEEN! The toilet was not cleaned, for a while it appeared. See the pictures we took. Also the bathroom was in horrid condition, mold growing on the wall and in the bathtub. Blood on the mattress. We would not have even looked had it been for the just poor state of the room. Thankfully there was two beds, and the second appeared to be 'clean'. Due to full occupancy, there was no other room to move or change with. The walls are paper thin as are the windows, you will hear EVERYTHING. Good luck getting any sleep. Lastly, the complementary breakfast which runs from 6AM to 9AM, was literally completely out of stock at 7:30AM, all that was left was hard boiled eggs, 2 muffins and the drinks. Considering the orange juice machine was dispensing orange flavored Hi-C, I can only imagine what the apple juice was. Last time I checked orange juice is not orange flavored Hi-C. When we asked if more items were going to be replenished, the answer from the front desk attendant was that they only put the food items out in the morning and to make due with what was left. I would understand towards the end of service hours, fine, but midway, and that it was our fault for not being there at 6AM. If I had known we were going to have such an experience, I would have rather slept in my car or a bus stop. How Best Western continues to let this type of hotel bear the name is beyond me, I would think they would have some form of audits on the quality of hotels they admit.

Room Tip: Besides being a horrible hotel, there is no elevator for the second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
bwcanton, General Manager at Best Western Canton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. The experienced you descried are not characteristic of the level of service our Team strives to provide and we apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. Your feedback has been shared with our team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Awesome hotel. The room was very spacious with microwave and refrigerator. Everything in the room worked great and the room was very clean. The breakfast was very good and included scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy as well as variety of breads, cereals, and fruits. The front desk staff was helpful. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 1st floor. This hotel does not have an elevator.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The only good thing about this place was the comfort of the bed. The beds are clean with very comfortable mattresses. The hotel's hallway has an awful smell and dirty carpet. The pool is across the parking lot, it looks like it belongs to hotel next door. The cell reception nonexistent (none of our cellphones worked even outside of hotel). The wifi was ok though. Continental breakfast included generic cereals and some unhealthy breakfast patti that looked horrible. No fresh fruit or yogurt like other similar hotels offer. It was probably the worst continental breakfast we had on our long trip ( we stayed in 7 different hotels). Plus nobody refills the cereals, so basically they do not have enough of specific flavor. The room rate was $70 plus taxes, however we could have stay somewhere else for just few bucks more. There is a Mexican restaurant almost next door which by the way was not very good. My kids rated this hotel as the worst we stayed in during our two-week road trip. Too bad, since we chose this hotel based on good reviews.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations and based upon your review we are actively participating with our housekeeping staff to handle the issues you encountered. We hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

This was a nice, clean hotel that we picked for an overnight stay on our way to the Gulf of Mexico beaches. The staff were very polite, the room clean as could be and a good, free breakfast. The price was great at about $70 also!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My wife and I travel a ton and by far and away this is one of the best bargains we have ever received on a room. We paid something like $65 for one night with a clean room, comfortable bed, nice staff, and hot breakfast. I really can't complain to much, the tv reception was not perfect and the internet was kind of slow but that is just knit picking. Overall, the quality for the price CANNOT be beat.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the reviews I had read on trip advisor. I was disappointed. The room was okay, the bed comfortable. Cleanliness was not a strong suit however. By the time I got to breakfast at 8:30 AM there was hardly any food left; the dining area was very dirty; there were three unattended children who were devouring any remaining food or throwing it in the trash; the curtain on the window was torn and half hanging off. When I checked out, I found an additional administrative fee on my bill which I had to argue to have removed. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback. The experiences you described are not characteristic of the level of service our Team strives to provide and we apologize that your stay was unsatisfactory. You feedback has been shared with our Team and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Hampton Inn Canton
Super 8 Canton
Super 8 Canton
#5 of 8 in Canton
Super 8 Madison/Ridgeland Area

Been to Best Western Canton Inn? Share your experiences!