“Below Average”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Canton
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Canton
“Below Average”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This property is on a service road and not easy accessible. The motel had an odor, but the check in was good and the night service desk guy was extremely helpful. I used Priority Points, otherwise I wouldn't have stayed. The breakfast was predictable, with not much of a selection. It was late, and we were tired, but if you have another option, use it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Canton, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear breeland,

Thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I appreciate your positive feedback on our front office staff and check in experience. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. However, I am sorry that you found our location not easily accessible. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your patronage and support to the hotel is very important to us and I hope you will give our hotel another try.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

Lera P
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Metamora, Illinois
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our family of 6, including one of my daughter's friends, along with my wife's sister's family of five, traveled down to Gulf Shores, AL for vacation last week. We chose to split up the 14.5 hour car ride on the way down, and spent the night at the Holiday Inn Express in Canton, MS. In researching hotels and room prices, I found this Holiday Inn Express to be a better deal than other hotels closer to Jackson, MS. Canton is only about 10-15 minutes north of Jackson. After arriving there, we realized that the lower price probably had to do with the fact that the area beyond the hotel was not the nicest. However, we were only staying there for a night, so it worked for us. We traveled into Canton to find a restaurant that I had researched on the internet, but couldn't find it (we don't think it's there anymore). We ended up driving around some scary areas in an attempt to the find the place, and quickly gave up and headed out of Canton. We had to get back on I-55 and travel towards Jackson in order to find a decent restaurant for dinner. Nearby to the hotel, there weren't any of the typical restaurants that you might find around hotels off the interstate. Our room was nice and clean and we fit all six of us in comfortably. We had two queen beds and a queen bed sofa sleeper. The room also had a mini fridge and microwave. The hallway was rather warm (I don't thing the AC was working out there), but our room was comfortable after we cranked up the AC. The night clerk wasn't exceptionally friendly, but the morning breakfast bar attendant was very friendly. The hotel only has an outdoor pool, so we were glad that the weather was nice enough to allow our kids a quick swim after our nine hour drive there that day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Canton, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear PnB430,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Canton.

Janice A
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Our experience at this Holiday Inn Express was pretty good. It started off nicely by them allowing us to check in early. We could put our things in the room instead of leaving them in the car during the heat of the day. We had a suite, which was a big room, had a sofa, table/chairs for eating, refrig, microwave. My biggest complaint about the room is the old style air conditioner - this is a fairly new hotel and the loud, inefficient unit kept the room either cold or too warm. Wish those hotel owners/builders would do away with these loud, inefficient units.

The breakfast was standard for Holiday Inn Express, and even after one of the hotel patrons came in and wiped out all the food and put it in his car and took it to whereever - the staff went to work to replenish it for the rest of us. The 24 hour coffee was nice and afternoon cookies were good.

Two other couples in our group said they had several missing or broken items in their room and were not pleased, but we did not have that problem..

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor room by the elevator - I was worried at first about noise, but didn't experie...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Canton, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Suzieshu,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our suites.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our air conditioning. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Mountain Grove, Missouri
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Our room was beautiful as well as the entire facilities at the hotel. Has a beautiful outside pool with big space for family to enjoy. The rooms were perfect - very clean. Best part - the staff. They were very nice and friendly. They were also very helpful in anything we needed. Hotel is located right off I-55 in Canton. Lots of nice restaurants and shopping areas!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I had stayed at this hotel before and was not impressed at all but for some reason I decided to give them another try, am I ever glad that I did. I was very impressed from check-in to check-out. The staff was very courteous from the start, including calling to my room after I checked in to make sure that everything was ok. The bed was very comfortable and the room was very clean. The next morning, the breakfast was good and very stocked. I took the time to email the general manager to compliment her on my stay and was greeted with a very professional and courteous thanks. This GM definitely runs a tight ship and because of this I will gladly stay here in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here last year for one night and was upset with the general accommodations. The a/c was out in the hallways and the placed smelled really bad. This time I have em another try thinking things would be better. I booked the room online (king bed suite, non-smoking) an arrived around 8pm. The lady at the front desk was very nice, but slow. She spent more time in her phone talking to "little d" than she did trying to check me in. Once I had her attention she was very helpful in recommending a place to eat. The air was working this time an the smell, although not too pleasant, was at least not rancid. Exhausted from my days events, I reached my room only to find it not cleaned. The bed was not made and there was trash everywhere!!
Despite it all, I slept we'll and enjoyed the average breakfast the next morning.

• Stayed February 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Canton, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Hoistandcrane,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am happy to read that you were able to slept well and enjoyed the breakfast. I am sorry some hotel aspects fell below your expectations. We do strive to make each experience good, but sometimes we fall short such in your case especially with housekeeping service received. With feedback such as yours we can consistently improve the areas in which we fallen below our standards.

Once again, many thanks for posting your comments.

Zelyn N
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here last week with my fiancé and as it was not what I have come to expect from Holiday Inn express. Victoria, the lady at the front desk, was very nice, helpful, and professional. I stayed on the second floor. As soon as you get off the elevator you notice how bad the hallways smell. The hallway was also exceedingly hot. The room was fashioned nicely. The a/c froze up am had to be shut off to dethaw. The shower was weak!! The breakfast was good. I probably will not stay here again. For the same price or lower, I can get a better room down the road.

• Stayed November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Hampton Inn Canton
Super 8 Canton
#5 of 8 in Canton
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Canton? Share your experiences!