“Awesome Hamptonality”

Hampton Inn Canton
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Canton
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 17, 2014

This is the best hotel in Canton, MS and I'd encourage anyone to lodge here when in the area. I consider it a family oriented location, home away from home. The Hamptonality is at this location I'm certain supersedes locations in larger cities. The staff provides a level of customer service that's truly second to none. Thanks

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Canton

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn in at Canton, MS, because it was close to work. A couple of good restaurants nearby and not too far from Madison for more. I took a jog down the street near the hotel and out towards the WalMart in the morning. It made a nice 2 mile loop back to the Hotel. It was a very pleasant stay, and I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have stayed here several times in the last couple of years and thoroughly enjoyed each stay. Our latest visit was not as enjoyable as the previous ones. We booked a suite with a whirlpool but found after unpacking that they had no whirlpools. No big deal. Then we realized that the room was infested with ladybugs. No big deal. Then we realized that the coffee maker didn't work. I thought it might be the broken electrical receptacle that it was plugged into, but I tried a second receptacle and the coffee maker still wouldn't work. So I brought this to the attention of the front desk clerk but was met with a less-than-concerned (and very condescending) response. Ultimately he said that he would have to move us to another room. I told him that I didn't need another room, just another coffee maker. He said that to get another coffee maker we would have to move. We finally decided to stay in the same room and do without coffee. All of these little inconveniences could have been overlooked but the attitude of the front desk clerk couldn't be overlooked.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Great hotel, staff members go out of their way to help accomodate their guests. Wife and I were traveling late at night and had to stop for the night. We called the front desk and they booked the room and reserved it taking only a few moments of our time. It was an extremely comfortable room and bed, good internet access, room furniture was very nice. I often take a long shower to aid me in waking up in the morning, shower head had very good water pressure and stayed warm, I hate a shower head that barely puts out a weak stream. I highly recommend staying at this hotel when traveling.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Wayne K
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 1 night when passing though Canton on a road trip from Nashville to New Orleans. The hotel is conveniently locate by the side of the interstate, but we did not hear any noise or disturbance from the road. Check in was smooth and quick, and the reception area was very pleasant.
Our room was large, well furnished and exceptionally clean. We did not expect the standard we received for the low price we paid. The bed was very comfortable and the shower/bath great. All communal areas were clean and well kept- no faults at all.
Staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was perfectly adequate- bagels, muffins, hash brown, omelettes, coffee and juice etc. Not restaurant standard, but then what do you expect for the price.
There isn’t much around the hotel (other than fast food restaurants) so we went in to Canton for dinner. A very quaint little square, but again not much there.
All in all a great hotel, and I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shoegal1
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The desk help was very helpful. We were traveling for a funeral and called asking for a room. We thought we were 20 miles out and it ended up being almost an hour but they held the room for us. The breakfast was not one of the better breakfasts that we have had in a Hampton.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! It was very comfortable and conveniently located off I-55. We chose to stay here rather than Jackson for a safer environment. The hotel is an older property but it was very clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Racheal M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Canton
La Quinta Inn & Suites Canton
Best Western Canton Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson/Madison
Super 8 Canton
Super 8 Canton
#5 of 8 in Canton
Hyatt Place Jackson/Ridgeland

Been to Hampton Inn Canton? Share your experiences!