“Couldn't sleep.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Brookhaven
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I picked this motel because I had a good experience here way back when it was a Best Western, but oh, what a difference ten years and new owners can make.

The worst thing was the mattresses--the saggiest EVER. I tried and tried and tried to fall asleep. Had to buy a $13 sleeping bag at Wal-Mart (3 a.m.) to sleep on the floor. The kids slept fine, but I couldn't wait to get them out of there in the morning.
The A/C was filthy and bothered our allergies. Windows were moldy and rusty behind the curtains. The fridge had leftover junk in it. The threshold was broken and half missing, which gave the big ugly bugs easy access. Anything that touched the carpet got black smudges on it.

I did use the iron in the morning, and it worked fine. That's the only decent memory I have. It was a learning experience. When you see a sign at the check-out desk that says "No refunds" just run.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Gina W
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed January 3, 2012

DIRTY!!!DIRTY!!DIRTY!! We didn't even take showers that's how bad it was.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank slfreshour
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Numero Uno: This isn't Best Western. There isn't a Best Western hotel in Brookhaven. This is an "America's Best" hotel. (americasbestinn.com)

It's a dump. I booked the room online. The grounds looked run down when we arrived but I decided to give it a chance. The lady who came to the front desk didn't believe me when I told her I had already paid and my card had been charged. When I refused to let her charge anything else she called the manager to confirm that I had already paid. I think, although I'm not sure, that she lives in the hotel front office with her husband. I could hear a TV in the back and while I was standing at the front desk a man came up to the lobby and did nothing but stare at me. She asked me if I wanted smoking or non-smoking. I told her smoking, and she gave me the room key. I asked her if the pool was open and she told me it was winter and people don't have pools open in the winter. Actually, it's 85 degrees out, not quite winter smarty pants, but whatever. I can understand if the pool is closed, but no need to be snarky about it.

I got to the room, and it had a no smoking sign on the door (despite the fact that we just went over this.) The room was hideous. Bubble gum pink walls, bubble gum pink sheets, a red bed spread, an old faded and stained blue couch. The TV looked like it was from about 1980 (which is cool, I like old stuff) but it had black streaks all over it. The fridge was new but also had fingerprints and streaks all over it. None of the furniture matched. The phone said "Hilton Garden Inn, Las Salinas." This was no Hilton, folks. I think they got it secondhand or something. The bathtub had black stuff on the bottom of it. The carpet wasn't stained, but had white strings on it (from towels maybe?) There was nothing in the room that wasn't completely run down, from the carpet, to the couch, to the bed linens, to the bathroom, to the walls.

I tried to suck it up. We went to do some things around town and brought dinner back to the hotel. I couldn't do it. I booked the hotel on Priceline and knew I couldn't get a refund (all sales are final on Priceline) but I didn't care. It was that bad. I went and booked a room at the Days Inn (where we stayed last year, and I'll do another reivew on here in a bit.) When I went into the office I told the guy I was checking out and he wanted to play 21 questions. I was trying to be nice and just told him we were going to a different hotel, but he continued to keep asking me questions. He wanted to know why I came, where my family lived, why I booked his hotel, etc. I basically just had to walk out. I'm pretty sure I'm not the first.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank HoosierGirl86
Reviewed December 15, 2008

The motel is undergoing renovations but we were supposedly in a renovated room. I know it was a cheap hotel but we expected it to be kinda clean. It stunk, the bathtub had hair in it. We were given two bath towels and the owners seemed put out when I went to get more.
We stayed two nights and they only left towels in our room, there was no room cleaning at all.
I will never stay there again even though it was very conviently located to our family event and to the main drag.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
4  Thank tghens
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookhaven
Super 8 Brookhaven
#2 of 8 in Brookhaven
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 9 in McComb

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!