“Beautiful Contemporary Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Brookhaven B&B and Inns
Charlotte, NC
“Beautiful Contemporary Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had a business trip in Hazelhurst, MS, had stayed in Brookhaven at a Hampton the year before. Happened to see a review for the Inn and am so glad I chose to stay here. As a weekly national business traveler, staying outside of a chain hotel is always nice if the place is special and this certainly was. The town of Brookhaven is quaint, and very southern. The Inn itself used to be a general store. I loved the modern art in the halls and my room. The serve yourself kitchen was fantastic and the innkeeper a gem.

Room Tip: All were different.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Inn_on_Whitworth, Front Office Manager at The Inn on Whitworth, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We are glad that you gave us a try, and we hope that we can continue to serve you when you are in the Brookhaven or Copiah-Lincoln area! Our business travelers make up some of our most loyal guests, so we are happy to hear that you had such a pleasant experience. It is our goal to make the Inn feel like a home away from home!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Drew, Ms.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

My grandson attends The Mississippi School of The Arts in Brookhaven and everytime I am in Brookhaven I make it my business to stay at The Inn on Whitworth. The rooms are excellant. Sallie is very nice and she makes sure that you have everything that you need. You can't ask for a better hotel to stay at. I will be staying there everytime I am in Brookhaven.

Room Tip: The rooms are very clean, and the area is very quiet. This is a tremendous place to stay.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was shocked to find this hotel sitting in the middle of a city I'd never heard of. This hotel is conveniently located near I-55, which provides travelers with a convenient and enjoyable break. Also, the hotel itself is so unique and modern. Not only are the common amenities provided, but Sallie goes out of her way to make sure your stay is perfect. We stopped here for a travel break on the way to New Orleans. Our room was so interesting and spacious (very tall ceilings/cool artwork). I can't say enough about this hotel. I took full advantage of the Keurig and K cups in my room! The kitchen was fully stocked with any snacks you might need. Check this place out (especially the room with the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom). You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank kcztravels
Inn_on_Whitworth, Front Office Manager at The Inn on Whitworth, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We are so glad that you had an enjoyable stay! The Inn on Whitworth is proud to be putting Brookhaven on the map in such a positive way -- and we would have to agree with you, Sallie, our Innkeeper, is one of the best! The staff at the Inn on Whitworth looks forward to having you stay with us again... :)
Hoover, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband surprised me with a trip to Brookhaven where I had lived some of my childhood years. He made reservations at the Inn and it was by far one of the best places I have ever stayed. They pay attention to every detail to make your stay enjoyable. From the beautiful room to the helpful suggestions for
dinner and touring, the service was fabulous. In fact, our trip to the Inn was so great that we decided that our dream jobs would be to work as innkeepers in a place like this.

Room Tip: Ask for the room by the vault for a couples getaway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bamamom56
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

What a great place in the heart of the historic district. Nice people, cool rooms and a totally relaxed vibe.

A great alternative to he chain hotels - not a bnb - but a neat small hotel with breakfast.

I just wish there were more hotels exactly like this - very comfortable.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank FrederickMD104
Wauchula Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I travel for a living. Recently made a stop in this great city and was put in this Inn by my host! A real winner for business travelers and I will stay here again even if it weren't for business. Breakfast, coffee and hospitality are the southern best! Grat time had by all!

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank floridaPastor
At the Inn on Whitworth we strive to make all of our guests feel relaxed and welcome -- we are glad that you had an enjoyable experience while traveling for business. We would definitely love to have you stay again with us - for business or pleasure! If you ever find yourself traveling this way again, give us a call!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I were in Brookhaven for a few days right before Thanksgiving. The Inn had such a great feel with simple, beautiful decorations. Our room was very clean with a nice sitting area and desk and very comfortable bed. They really did a great job on renovating the building. And Sally was so nice and sweet, attentive to all our needs. If we are in town again, we will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookhaven
Hampton Inn Brookhaven
Super 8 Brookhaven
Super 8 Brookhaven
#5 of 8 in Brookhaven
Americas Best Value Inn - Brookhaven

Been to The Inn on Whitworth? Share your experiences!