“Top Shelf Ribs”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Ribs are one of those things people love to hoot and holler about how such and such place is the best in the world, blah, blah, blah. You know you have all heard it. I have been fortunate to have eaten at a LOT of top notch rib joints around the nation over the years. Let me let you in on a little secret, Sonny's ribs can run neck and neck or bone to bone as it were when plenty of the most lauded. A couple of times a year they even do the all you can eat promo. Nothing warms my heart like seeing that on the sign up front! I tend to get to go orders most of the time but the service is always top notch if you get a table. Just be sure and tip well as they all seem to work extra hard.

SonnysBBQ, Public Relations Manager at Sonny's BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Rushhound, thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear that you're a fan of our ribs! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was just passing through Brandon and went to Sonny's recommended by another traveler. I had turkey, baked tater and broccoli, all of which were excellent. The turkey serving was huge so I had enough for the next day. My only complaint is they don't serve beer and I really needed one after a long day of driving.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Soft baked sweet potatoes with cinnamon butter. We visit Sonny's regularly for family meals. Also take out and catering are available.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Chicken and sweet potato are on my Weight Watchers diet so I can enjoy this meal and still be good. I love the salad bar too.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The soup and salad bar is my favorite. It beats out all other salad bars. We always get the corn nuggets as appetizer. They have numerous different kinds of Bar-B-Q sauce. We can never pick a favorite so we just mix them all together.