“Disgusting”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brandon
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My sheets were dirty, there was hair on them. Sheets, towels and carpet were extensively stained with holes. The room had not been vacuumed or dusted in months. Neither the TV nor the internet worked. I slept on top of the sheets using my own jackets as a pillow and blanket. The manager tried to bill me $20 more than we'd agreed to.

I've stayed in 100's of hotels, in North America and abroad, and this was far and away the WORST. Just disgusting. Be warned

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you want to test your gag reflex.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brandon

Reviewed November 28, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This was the worst hotel ever. Rooms were not clean, towels were stained and had holes in them. We had a dirty bath cloth in our shower left from last person that stayed. No shampoo, no working clock, no coffee pot. Soft drinks in vending machine were expired over a yr and hotel would not replace. Free breakfast was a joke! Please stay way from this Microtel! The customer serivce was also bad! All around bad experience! Smells bad, dirty! This hotel should be condemned.

Room Tip: if you want a good room, stay away from this place.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a family and friends weekend trip.We booked 12 rooms. When i say nasty I mean nasty. The first night we stayed we had dirty sheets. Called the front and they were changed. The tub was dirty. The telephone in the room looked liked somebody threw up all over it and forgot to clean it or replace it and it didnt work. The second night we came back to the room we had no towels but the room had been cleaned. I go to the front desk and ask for towels and the clerk tells me she doesnt know where they are and I had to bring the dirty ones down(the housekeeping staff had already took them.) She calls the manager I guess and then tells me I have to wait for them to get there because she guesses they have to wash them needless to say we didnt get any towels. I have worked at a Wyndham brand hotel chain and I am shocked that they are able to carry the Wyndham brand. I will never stay or refer this hotel to anyone. Dont let the pics fool ya because this hotel looks nothing like them.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I booked this room through the Wyndham website. The confirmation indicated that I had a Queen bed, microwave and refrigerator and free wifi access. When we checked in we found that the rooms do not have microwaves unless you get a queen suite. The attendant also said that they do not have wifi internet access in the rooms, just in the lobby. While there I never did get a connection to the internet either in the lobby or our room. The sheets were discolored and had holes in them, the pillows were flat and small. There was no airconditioning in the hall and there was a smelly worn out sofa in the hallway. Also the elevator had a terrible smell so we just used the stairs. The manager was very uncooperative and did not want to give us a refund or an adjustment to our bill. I finally got a refund for one night from Wyndham, but the website still has not been corrected.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Checkef in. Took a shower then a nap. Woke up to bugs biting me. Disgusting.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Worst hotel and I cannot believe I paid 65 bucks for a double room here. We had to switch our room 3 times. The air conditioning does not work. No shampoo or soap in the bathrooms. Dirty sheets and pillow cases. All the rooms smell like cigerrate smoke.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Lexik143
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E
Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport
Quality Inn & Suites Jackson Int'l Arpt.
Sleep Inn & Suites Pearl
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brandon? Share your experiences!