“Not good”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brandon
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Recent trip included staying in 6 different places and this was the second worst. Pillows were small, cheap & only two on queen bed. They skimp on everything - only two VERY thin towels, hardly any items for breakfast (not even toast). Needs good cleaning, facelift, and new management.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank winemaker46

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Avoid. Stayed Feb 17, 2012. Saw three bedbugs in the bed. Left asap. Still trying to get a refund from the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cchung26
Reviewed July 16, 2011

Undermanned staff. 2, maybe 3, including housekeepers. Rooms not clean. Seems like they skimp on everything. Overall experience put me in a "bad mood". Pillows were small and cheap. Very uncomfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank VictorCuvo
Reviewed July 15, 2011

The door knobs are filthy and the public restrooms do not have any soap. Plus the hand towels were miscellaneous restaurant napkins. The meeting room is small and there is a mattress in the corner of the room just laid against the wall! Others have had numerous issues with rooms and cleanliness. Also, the vending machine took my dollar bill and when the staff was notified, I was told, "I don't believe you." I was appalled! Soon after another person had the same issue! Rude staff!! Pearl and Ridgeland, MS are seconds away so avoid this place, like a plague or you may catch it here!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank maw0130
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Hoping for quick, comfy one-night stay with wife, baby and the dog. We only lasted about 45 minutes and we packed up and checked out!

There appear to be no good A/C units in the place. We tried three different rooms and each was uncomfortably hot. NOTICE: almost all good reviews of this place came from WINTER 2010.

In addition, some shady characters hanging around, non-smoking rooms wreaked of smoke and rooms/furniture was quite ghetto.

That being said, the attendant was very nice and was very hospitable in trying to get us another room.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank drthug
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We got bumped from a La Quinta down the street and ended up staying one night in the Microtel. The room was OK, but not really a family hotel. On a night where 6 hotels within 3 miles were all full, this place had 5 cars in the parking lot. The beds were about a cheap as you could put in a hotel and hard as rocks. The room had mirrors on the walls around the beds. My daughter thought that was interesting... If you are by yourself looking for a cheap place for one night, this is OK. But I wouldn't go back. My wife and daughter suggested going to the YMCA the next morning to take a shower.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I booked my room online despite the reviews for this hotel were terrible. I thought to myself it couldn't be that bad. Yes it was. I was at the hotel four days on business. The first room I had smelled of smoke when I requested a non-smoking room. The door would not lock, the security latch was broken, the towels and comforter was stained, I could feel the wires from the mattress. I went downstairs to request my money back, she offered another room which was in the same condition. I requested my money back again. This time she offered me an upgraded room at the same price. This room was much better and the mattress was comfortable. However, the towels were stained, but I will say that the staff tried their best to accomodate me and I ended up having a pretty good stay. After all I was only there to sleep. I had meetings during the day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brandon? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brandon

Address: 1130 Oak St, Brandon, MS 39042-3813
Location: United States > Mississippi > Brandon
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Brandon
Price Range: $60 - $85 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:1.5 star — Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brandon 1.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Brandon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Brandon Microtel