“Great for a quick overnight stay while driving through the south”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed February 17, 2011

On our way from Texas to Tennessee, Jackson was the midpoint, and we stopped at the Brandon Red Roof Inn because it was fairly cheap and they allowed dogs at no extra cost . Bare bones room, in no way cozy; however, it was fairly clean and roomy,. The hotel was noisy (doors had metallic lock guards that echoed down the hallway when they fell shut), but the noise died down around 9:00. We had our 9-month old daughter with us also, and felt fine letting her putter around the room (no cleanliness issues). Services like restaurants and groceries were pretty far away, and I had to cruise quite a ways to the west to find a grocery store, but I appreciated the wifi that let me locate the stores on my laptop before heading out. The property is right next to the interstate, but our room was on the far side so we didn't notice road noise. Staff was friendly. There was no continental breakfast. It's not fancy, it's not that pretty, but when you just need a quick overnight place to stay, this is a pretty good spot. I must admit, however, that if I do the drive again, I could be persuaded to stay somewhere else that offered at least a few pastries and juice for breakfast, and perhaps a picture or two on the walls of the room.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Nick A, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear guest, Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at Brandon Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

Spent one night here on the way back from eleven day road trip. It sits off the interstate however, inside the hotel it sounds like the traffic is in the next room. Also, no elevator which was difficult since I was traveling with older parents. Went to hang something on a closet rack and it fell from the wall.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
599, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2010

Hello,

I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay. Your experience is not typical of our property. We have fixed the maintenance issues and are diligently working towards correcting the other issues you experienced during your stay. It is unfortunate you all did not enjoy your stay. We hope you will give Red Roof Inn & Suites in Brandon, MS another chance should you get back to our area. Should you have any further concerns feel free to contact me at i0599@redroof.com. Once again, I apologize for your stay and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

The carpet was dirty, the floor was sticky, I could hear EVERYTHING through the walls, and I saw a millipede as thick as my pinky! I had a reservation for three nights but checked out after one.

• Stayed: August 2010
599, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2010

I would like to thank you for your comments. I would also like to apologize for the unacceptable conditions you endured while staying with us. What you experienced is not typical of our Red Roof Inn property. We strive to provide each guest with a clean comfortable room at an economical rate. It is unfortunate that you had to experience such an unsatisfactory stay. Please allow us the opportunity to show you our true Red Roof Inn hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 29, 2010

....only average accommodation. The front desk personnel were friendly, polite and professional. However, my single, king bedroom (for which I used a Roomsaver coupon for $45.99) was worn even though the property was supposedly renovated recently. The furnishings were worn, the fleece blanket had numerous small holes and larger holes were stitched up, the floor noticibly slanted toward the outer wall, and "hot" water was barely warm. I've stayed at many Red Roofs before and was pleased, but I certainly would not pay a penny more than I did for this one.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I'm writing this to say that the staff at the Brandon, MS Red Roof Inn are SUPER! Friendliest and most accommodating I experienced in an entire road trip across the States.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2009

I picked the Red Roof in because I needed a cheap but clean hotel for one night. The location is ok, right off I 20. The staff was very friendly, and the rooms are clean for a budget hotel. Free wireless internet and free breakfast make this a nice place for someone who want to save a few dollars while traveling.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2008

I recently had the pleasure of staying 3 days at the Red Roof Inn in Brandon, Ms. The rooms were spacious, very clean, and had Wireless Internet. The hotel staff was pleasant and accommodating. For the price of about $45.00 - 50.00 per night, it is definitely a great place to stay. The only downside is this, if you are looking for a hot breakfast, or even a cold one for that matter, you will find nary a cornflake. The do serve hot coffee and cappuccinos in the morning but that is it. Having said that, however, if getting a biscuit elsewhere means keeping the rates low and within reason then I am all for it. :) I mean who wants to pay an extra $20.00 for a donut.? See ya down the road. :)

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank MrTom2001

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon? Share your experiences!