New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon

Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brandon
Nashville, TN
“Has great potential - a good deal for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is under new management and the staff is very friendly. The rooms and hallways had just been painted and the paint smell was a little overwhelming. The room was very clean, although I did kill a small roach when we first got into the room. There are still several maintenance issues such as running toilets, broken door handles etc.. but for the money the hotel was clean, comfortable and extremely secure. A great layover location for travelers. The breakfast was very lacking so prepare to eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: Got this room on booking.com for 45.00 last minute. Very satisfied with the value for the money and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Waynesboro, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband and I were very pleased with the friendly staff and the warm welcome that we got when checking in. All my questions and concerns were answered and adressed, I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. The room was very clean and spacious. The hotel is located in a central spot so you will not have far to go if wanna get out and see stuff. They are also pet friendly which is a bonus for the traverls that would not like to leave their furry family memeber at home.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Brandon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Red Roof Inn in Brandon Mississippi is truly an excellent place to stay. The staff are very friendly and will go out of there way to accommodate your needs. The rooms are very nice and cozy. The property is very well maintained and is also under new management in whom is renovating the whole facility. I love the new the new designs, carpet, and very clean rooms.
I will not stay at any other hotel besides this one in this area. So if you are looking for a nice, friendly, and clean place to stay, RED ROOF INN BRANDON, MISSISSIPPI IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank travler m
Kennesaw, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

For a place to spend the night on a long trip, it was somewhat acceptable; however, I would never stay here intentionally. It's supposedly under renovation but I saw no active work being done.

Our room was dark, musty and sloped down so when you walked along the foot of the bed, it felt like you were walking on the side of a hill. The parking lot was like driving through a construction site - needs to be paved and very creepy at night. Actually, my husband made me go into the room while he carried four loads of our stuff to the room because we didn't trust leaving it in the car! They had one luggage cart that is falling apart and was not available for our use. No staff offered to help as there was no staff to be found!

Fortunately, I had my essential oils with me so I sprayed down the bed and sheets before we slept in them. Ew. I couldn't wait to leave in the morning.

For breakfast, they had packets of oatmeal but no hot water!! You had to go track someone down and ask for hot water which was in a room behind the breakfast area behind closed doors! Go figure!

One room had a treadmill propped up against the door. Very odd! There were no baseboards along the hallways. It just seemed like someone bought a "mow down" hotel and tried to patch it up but ran out of money.

To sum up my visit in one word ... YUCK! I was taken aback by all the positive reviews (after staying here) until I noticed that a majority of them (not all of them) where one time reviewers which makes me suspicious. How can you have 1-star reviews and 5-star reviews during the same timeframe. Something's not right. I have to laugh at reviews that say staff is all very friendly. WHAT STAFF?!! I had to hunt someone down just to get HOT WATER for my oatmeal!!!!

I only took one photo on my way out because I couldn't wait to get out of there.

Never again. I still shudder when I think about this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Buchmeister

Travelers are raving about these Brandon hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here on business and very pleased. Staff is all very friendly and there is a safe, clean atmosphere. The remodel is almost finished and everything is coming along very nicely. There are new large flat screen TVs, new carpet, new lobby, and they have also improved their breakfast by adding eggs and sausage. Overall I would rate this place as excellent.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Renovations underway! New owners are trying to update this place, it was a pleasant change to the red roof at fairgrounds Jackson. Night and day difference. If you need anything just let the staff know. My stay was for 5 weeks and I couldn't have been more pleased! It's cheap, but unless you want to spend $100 a night, well worth it !

• Stayed March 2013
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

New owners are renovating this hotel and making visitors welcome. We had no reservations, and the renovation message was given upfront -- a nice touch that also made good business sense. The next morning, the owner insisted on carrying our car fridge from our second-floor room. No elevator yet, but our room was large, clean, cool and had already been nicely recarpeted. Our three dogs were welcomed too, and there was plenty of outside area for walking them safely, even after dark. The pool must have been perfect; a bunch of well-behaved kids and their adults were enjoying it. Good marks for the bed comfort, and -- amazingly -- very high marks for the morning coffee. We didn't try breakfast, but it smelled good.

Room Tip: If you're a better planner than we, call ahead to ask for a first floor room. Bring a swim suit...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E
Quality Inn & Suites Jackson Int'l Arpt.
BEST WESTERN Airport Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport
Ramada Pearl/Jackson Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Jackson Airport

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon? Share your experiences!