“Only if you can't find a room in a better place.”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We should have walked out and looked for a better place, but were afraid we wouldn't be able to find anything on a Friday night. Very friendly staff, but the hallways and stairs(no elevator) were very hot, smelly and dirty. The room didn't smell too bad, but I found myself keeping my shoes on and I didn't rest very well. My husband said people were noisy out in the hall around midnight. We only paid $50 and truthfully, I guess you get what you pay for. The place just needs a really good cleaning and renovation.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Nick A, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at the Brandon Red Roof. I am sorry that yyour experience didnot meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed July 5, 2011

Stayed for two nights last weekend and I honestly can't say anything good about it...ok well the air conditioner works.

Dirty, smelled of smoke. Our window was broken and had duct tape on it. Room service just changed out towels and toilet paper but failed to make the bed!

Pillows are flat, towels are thin and there are people drinking in the parking lot at 7:30 am!

Avoid this place like the plague! We are staying at the La Quinta next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
599, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2011

I sincerely apologize that your experience was not satisfactory. What you experienced is not normal of our Red Roof Inn hospitality. In efforts to go green, our housekeeping changes bedding every other day unless daily service is requested. We are currently in the process of deep cleaning our rooms as well as retraining all staff. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy your stay with us. It is our goal to make all guests feel confident in our abilities, significant as well as delighted by our southern hospitality. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our true spirit. Should you have any further comments or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone at 601-824-3839 or via email at i0599@redroof.com. Thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed May 24, 2011

The room was very economically priced but..............dirty, wreaked of tobacco in non-smoking room, furniture falling apart, bugs (millipedes & roaches), book disappeared from room, bed so uncomfortable that I slept in a chair part of the night, no elevator, towels like thin sandpaper.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
599, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2011

Thank you for your response. I sincerely apologize for your inconvenience. What you experienced is not typical of our Red Roof Inn property. It is unfortunate that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. We have had our property serviced for pests and are in the planning stages of renovations. Should you return to our area please allow us the opportunity to show you our true hospitality. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly with any further comments or concerns. I can be reached via email at i0599@redroof.com or phone at 601-824-3839.

Reviewed February 17, 2011

On our way from Texas to Tennessee, Jackson was the midpoint, and we stopped at the Brandon Red Roof Inn because it was fairly cheap and they allowed dogs at no extra cost . Bare bones room, in no way cozy; however, it was fairly clean and roomy,. The hotel was noisy (doors had metallic lock guards that echoed down the hallway when they fell shut), but the noise died down around 9:00. We had our 9-month old daughter with us also, and felt fine letting her putter around the room (no cleanliness issues). Services like restaurants and groceries were pretty far away, and I had to cruise quite a ways to the west to find a grocery store, but I appreciated the wifi that let me locate the stores on my laptop before heading out. The property is right next to the interstate, but our room was on the far side so we didn't notice road noise. Staff was friendly. There was no continental breakfast. It's not fancy, it's not that pretty, but when you just need a quick overnight place to stay, this is a pretty good spot. I must admit, however, that if I do the drive again, I could be persuaded to stay somewhere else that offered at least a few pastries and juice for breakfast, and perhaps a picture or two on the walls of the room.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Nick A, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear guest, Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experience at Brandon Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

Spent one night here on the way back from eleven day road trip. It sits off the interstate however, inside the hotel it sounds like the traffic is in the next room. Also, no elevator which was difficult since I was traveling with older parents. Went to hang something on a closet rack and it fell from the wall.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
599, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2010

Hello,

I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay. Your experience is not typical of our property. We have fixed the maintenance issues and are diligently working towards correcting the other issues you experienced during your stay. It is unfortunate you all did not enjoy your stay. We hope you will give Red Roof Inn & Suites in Brandon, MS another chance should you get back to our area. Should you have any further concerns feel free to contact me at i0599@redroof.com. Once again, I apologize for your stay and look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

The carpet was dirty, the floor was sticky, I could hear EVERYTHING through the walls, and I saw a millipede as thick as my pinky! I had a reservation for three nights but checked out after one.

• Stayed: August 2010
599, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2010

I would like to thank you for your comments. I would also like to apologize for the unacceptable conditions you endured while staying with us. What you experienced is not typical of our Red Roof Inn property. We strive to provide each guest with a clean comfortable room at an economical rate. It is unfortunate that you had to experience such an unsatisfactory stay. Please allow us the opportunity to show you our true Red Roof Inn hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 29, 2010

....only average accommodation. The front desk personnel were friendly, polite and professional. However, my single, king bedroom (for which I used a Roomsaver coupon for $45.99) was worn even though the property was supposedly renovated recently. The furnishings were worn, the fleece blanket had numerous small holes and larger holes were stitched up, the floor noticibly slanted toward the outer wall, and "hot" water was barely warm. I've stayed at many Red Roofs before and was pleased, but I certainly would not pay a penny more than I did for this one.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E
Comfort Suites Airport
Comfort Suites Airport
#6 of 10 in Flowood
Candlewood Suites Pearl
Candlewood Suites Pearl
#15 of 19 in Pearl
Super 8 Pearl/Jackson/East

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon? Share your experiences!