La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brandon
Reviewed November 16, 2010

Fairly new hotel. Very helpful staff. The breakfast was very good. I guess I liked everything about our stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 8, 2010

Hotel was met my expectations x 10. Staff was extremely nice. Room was very nice and spacious. I would definetly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my family for a wedding in April 2010. We were very surprised at the quality, cleanliness, and service of the hotel! Apparently, this hotel has recently opened, and it certainly seems that way. Our room, a two-queen non-smoking room on the third floor, had a medium-sized HDTV, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and a glass desk. The chair at the desk was very comfortable. We really liked the closet space (much larger than normal, based on my experiences) and the shelves underneath the sink in the bathroom. The sheets were very soft; no scratchy elbows to speak of. The wi-fi, while slow at peak times, was very reliable (and free). The lobby was very nice, and the hotel offers a continental breakfast, though we didn't eat breakfast there. There is a pool and hot tub, but we didn't use these, either. The pool seemed rather small, however.

The service, particularly at the front desk, was very friendly. We arrived prior to normal check-in times, and our reserved room was (understandably) not ready. They offered to upgrade us to a suite (with a king bed and pull-out queen sleeper sofa), but unfortunately the card reader's battery had died in that room. So, they moved us to another room, the same type that we had reserved. I thought it was very nice, however, that they offered to upgrade us at no charge.

If you ever need a hotel in the Brandon area, I would certainly recommend this one!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2009

maid just walked in at 930am with a donot disturb sign on the door, this hotel is a joke, cobwebs in the ceilling, dirty tile and carpet, shower head doesnt stay up, i guess i need to start travelling with a screwdriver. looks nice on the outside but the horror starts after check in. an exact copy of the best laquinta room i have ever stayed at, but they ruined it by putting a flat screen tv 4ft from the bed and 4ft from the jaccuzzi with no swivel mount, now you cant see it from either location. kind of a brainless thing to do, the room also had a horrible odor, i think they really didnt choose the right cleaning supplies, covering up smells with other horrible smells is not a good way to clean a room, also got rude person at counter, i think this must be a very difficult job because there sure does seem to be alot of rude people doing it, you think smileing and saying how are you today sir and we hope you have a nice stay at laquinta would be standard practice but these people dont even say hi when you walk in, they say, can i help you, in a way that says stop bothering me and get out. its ashame that such a beautiful hotel has to be ruined by poor management. i think i saw the manager as he staired at me while i was walking down the hall very rudely and intently, cant they just watch there cameras instead of making me feel like i am tresspassing

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thedaysmail
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I booked this hotel at the last minute(on the company's website using my AAA discount), as I had to travel to MS to care for family business.
This hotel just opened in November 2008 and it is an EXCELLENT option for it's class.
I had never stayed in a La Quinta before, and boy did this one set the bar high!
My reasons are as follows:
-A hotel shuttle picked us up from the airport, and waited for us to resolve a luggage issue.
-The lobby was very nice (incuding a internet station for guests to utilize), and staff helped us ck in quickly.
-Our room (2 queen beds) featured cherrywood furniture, a flat screen tv, a fridge, microwave, desk, with a leather like retro office chair and super comfy beds
-A very nice complimentary breakfast spread
ADDED BONUS:
-The hotel shuttle also took us to our car rental agency which was in Flowod b/c we were stranded.
This hotel was in a very nice area, and everyone was so polite and helpful- especially the owners.
I highly recommend this hotel!
Side point: I also stayed in the La Quinta Inn in Canton, MS as a result of this stay, however I have to say that the Brandon location is SUPERB, and better than the Canton,MS location!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2009

This being a brand new hotel we were expecting great things. But came away disapointed and upset. We checked in and were questioned how we got the rate we did because the rate had been raised. We had our reservation for two months. We were then given a room that when we went in you could tell it had been smoked in a lot, it was a non smoking hotel. Housekeeping did not clean it good enough! They did move use to a clean room.We were given a gift basket because we are Elite members of La Quinta. It had Peanut butter crackers in it!! Took it back down to the front desk and the girl said she was sorry after I told her about the peanut recall.
We then tried to get online to check our e-mail and it did not work. Went back down to the front desk and she gave us a wire to try and hook up the internet through a direct line because the high speed wi-fi did not work. nothing worked. We we told the manager was working on it. We went to dinner half expecting it to work when we go back. It not only was not working but the manager had not done anything to get it working again and went home. We never saw him. We were told he would be back in the morning. We checked out at 10 am and the manager was still not in!
The empoyee's tried, front desk was nice and the breakfast attendent was helpful.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I travel cross-country year round and I haven't stayed in a La Quinta for years because I found them to run down and out-of-date, often other abandoned brands that received an outside & lobby makeover but leaving the rooms outdated, often unclean, and with no fridge & microwave. This time I was stuck in a part of I-20 with very few hotels between Jackon & Meridian, MS so I took a chance on this La Quinta billed as "brand new". What a pleasant surprise, this is a new level of quality comparable to Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn and the decoration of the rooms and the quality of the beds similar to what I have experienced in higher level Sheratons. I hope LaQuinta management takes notice and brings its other properties to this level. It is highly overdue. Congratulations Brandon. I mostly write about my bad experiences, but this time I just felt compelled to write about this very attractive hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brandon
Hilton Garden Inn Jackson Downtown
5 mi away
Hampton Inn Jackson- Flowood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Jackson Airport
Red Roof Inn & Suites Jackson - Brandon
Candlewood Suites Flowood
Quality Inn & Suites Jackson Int'l Arpt.

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Brandon Jackson Airport E? Share your experiences!