“Outstanding!!!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Booneville
Baldwyn
“Outstanding!!!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Was recomended to our family to stay here while we were having issues with our home! ! We stayed over a week and we were treated like family there..We have 3 children and 2 of them were toddlers and the associates there were more then helpful in our rough time..The room we stayed in was clean and comfortable for us all.. they helped fix the room up to accomodate all 5 of us to make it comfortable..Everyday came to clean our room and to freshned our bath towels and such..the front desk clerks were also a big help on makin it possible to get things for our room when we could not get the children out..my children loved the gravy and biscuits served for breakfast along with the cereal and juice they have for all the guest.. I totally recommend everyone to try it out..Especially, if you want to be treated like family and not just another tennant..You guys and gals are awesome!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Trista P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Booneville, Mississippi
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I live in Booneville, and stayed a week and the College Inn while I was having some work done on my house. The first room I was put in had a horrible musty smell. So, I was moved to another room that was not quiet so bad. The carpet has not been shampooed in so long, that the floor was sticky, and if you walked around in your socks, they would turn black. The pool was out of order...it was completely green with algae. Also, the pictures on the website and the description of the breakfast is false advertising. They only had biscuits and sausage in a warmer, and packets of grits to cook in the microwave. Oh, yeah, they did have froot loops and corn flakes....but definitely a far cry from a full breakfast. The pictures show waffles, eggs, cressant rolls and muffins, these did not exist. Also, when roomservice would clean the room, they would take your dirty towels, and tell you they would bring clean ones later in the afternoon. Each night I would have to walk down to the front desk and get my towels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tennille2

Travelers are raving about these Booneville hotels

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I want to start by saying that the staff here was extremely friendly and helpful. However, after have some time to check out my room, I didn't end up staying. The room was pretty shabby and old with dust on the fixtures and other surfaces. Everything in the room was very old. When we couldn't get the wifi to work, we contacted the staff. They couldn't figure out why it wasn't working, so my husband, a computer professional, offered to help. He discovered that the wifi connection they were telling everyone actually belonged to neighboring business or household. Somehow, this had escaped their attention. Since he needed the wifi that night for work, this gave us an easy out, though I don't think we would have ended up staying there anyway.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Booneville, Mississippi
Reviewed November 7, 2011

i would like to leave my opinion of the northeast college inn /Booneville
i stayed at the inn the month of october, i would like to compliment you on your establishment...i could not believe the treatment i was greeted with on check in...i expected professional, i got more than that...so friendly and accomodating, i was given a great room, very clean, spacious...these ladies saw to all my requests and needs, i must mention them...Denise, Shiela, Cindy, Janice, Melissa, Christie, Tiffany, Joanna, and Kara...excellent employees from management to housekeeping...someone must have taken time to hand pick these ladies...very smart business move...i almost hated to leave, never have i been received so well at an Inn...my stay there was most pleasant, and i will drop in to say hello when passing through....i just wished to offer my compliments, and thank you

Room Tip: A room was chosen for me according to my needs, i am disabled and the room i had was perfect for me
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Terry M
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 30, 2011

my family and i came from Chicago to visit family. and we had a very pleasant stay. the rooms were clean , the room rates was fair had a nice breakfast.and the staff were very friendly . we will defiantly be back next year.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank b4u63
Hollandale
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We checked out today after being here since September 2010. The ladies there were great to us during our nearly year long stay and if work permits we will be back.We became good friends with most there and are going to miss them all. Whether you have a long stay or short I recommend Northeast College Inn in Booneville, Ms! And tell them Roxanne and William sent ya!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank roxpar62
bolivar
Reviewed July 25, 2011

this motel is nice over all. the breakfast buffet is nice, and enough to get your day started. my room was clean, the cleaning staff were all polite, and delightful to be around, and the manager was a very pleasant and amiable person. and polite.

my problem was the desk people. i found several of them just rude, indifferant, loud mouthed, insensitive in what they said or did in front of you, and just out and out nasty people. i wondered why they were even retained. i did not fine it intimidating, but just crude, rude, and socially unacceptable.

that needs to be corrected, and went down to the desk and asked to see the manager, and she will not be back until in the morning. i am going to talk to her about this in detail, and i believe that she will atone most of this problem. i just left my computer and walked to the front desk, and asked to see the manager, and was once again surly told, almost with a wicked grin, that she was not in. this time i went further, and asked when would she be in. rather than just tell me, i was asked "why, is there a problem?" i simply replied no, that i just wanted to talk to her personally. she told me when, and i left. her attitude changed immediately to a strained politeness when i refused to tell her why i wanted to see the manager. i just politely said that i would return in the morning. and i will.

this should not have been allowed to have gotten to this point, and makes me understand better the empty parking lot. this kind of attitude and rudeness seems to self generate, and news of it spreads quickly in the business world, then trickles down to the one nighters, people passing through, etc. and it is a shame, because the motel is clean, the cleaning/maintainance people friendy, and a few of the desk people. all that it takes is a couple of bad apples to ruin the barrel. northeast college inn is a clean hotel, serves a fair breakfast buffet, addresses problems as long as you don't have to deal with some of the lazy desk staffers. only when i just went up to ask if the manager was in did the desk person even attempt to be nice, and asked me if there was a problem. i told her that i just wanted to talk to the manager, and i saw the horror set in. i said thank you, and told her that i would catch the manager early in the morning, and left. very polite, very cordial, and dead serious. northeast college inn is a clean place, has overall friendly help in the cleaning staff, and maintainance staff, but lacks that in the desk staff, which is a shame, because that is whom you mainly deal with. it's a crying shame, because the motel is nice, and kept clean. i smoked for 39 years, and one year quit, i did not smell smoke in either of my rooms. neither had ashtrays in them, either. and trust me, i would have smelled smoke had it been there. i am still sensitive to that smell.

i give northeast college inn of booneville high marks in everything except front desk personel, and lets face it, that is whom you have most contact in a hotel/motel. i friended a lot of the other staffers, and even one of the front desk staff is a truly nice person, and i like and respect the manager. i would recommend this hotel, but they do need to tune up or replace their front desk people.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank tn2me57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Booneville
Super 8 Booneville
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#1 of 1 in Ripley
Holiday Inn Express Corinth

Been to Northeast College Inn Booneville? Share your experiences!