“Nice Renovation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
destin
“Nice Renovation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Stayed at Golden Nugget for the first time since it was renovated from the Isle of Capri. It is a much nicer hotel and casino. Our room was nice if not luxurious. Check in was hassle-free, and no early check-in fee was charged even though we checked in around 2:00. Clara was the clerk who checked us in and she was very professional and helpful.
There's plenty of room in the casino and the high ceilings help with smoke dissipation.
There are several restaurants on site including Bubba Gump's, Morton's steakhouse! and a sports bar as well as the buffet. We decided to try the buffet since we had some food credit. They offered a military discount but wouldn't allow us to combine the military discount with our food credit, which didn't make a lot of sense to us, since the food credit was comped. We ate there anyway and were underwhelmed by the lunch buffet. It was fine for the price but we won't eat there again.
The pool area was a pleasant surprise. We loved that the lounges had cushions, the area was laid out well, and there was a separate area for adults that included a bar in the pool and some blackjack tables. The one large drawback, however, is that smoking is allowed everywhere in the pool. We would like to see a designated smoking area, or perhaps limit smoking to the adult area.

Room Tip: Ask for a Gulf view
2 Thank DestinBeachy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (467)
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Awesome place to sleep, play and dine, BUT be prepared to walk through the casino to and from the H2O pool. I don't think that portion of it was well thought out. Also, they need to be careful and get too big for their pants. Be kind to your guest because what goes up must come down.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Que G
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

When I first arrive the line was long to check-in. Came back later to check in. To my surprise I was granted an upgrade. Loved the great view of the gulf from the balcony. Biggest disappointment was the buffet. Dont waste your money. Not worth it.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Fanny B
Ridgeland, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Stayed here for a weekend getaway and it was a decent stay. The room is mostly decorated with dark colors so it makes for great sleeping coupled with the comfortable beds (one of my better night sleeps). The room also had a big flat screen TV and a small couch which was cool if you have visitors. The only drawbacks were the odd design of the bath tub/shower; it is a high step over to get into the tub. There is also no fridge in the room (I know, most casino hotels don't)

We also visited the pool area it is very stylish. It is designed in mostly orange and red but it is the type of place where "the cool kids" like to hang out. It was enjoyable but the walk from the pool to the casino is really long; I wish they would not have to have you walk across half the casino the get from the room to the pool.

Overall, it was a really stylish, comfortable place. It was renovated recently and the renovations have helped alot as I have stayed here in the past and it wasn't all that (back when it was Isle of Capri).

Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank pharmacyguyX
Pace, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I have stayed at the GN many times and since the renovation the rooms are great! I love the beds with pillow top and hard to get out of the bed. The bathroom some what small and they need to change the way the shower door opens up. The food experience is good I want to say Bubba Gump is great and the employees come to your table with Forrest Gump movie trivia questions and that was fun -and the food very good! I haven't been to Morton's yet but I hear good things about the food. The pool is a great addition to the GN and overall great place to go, eat, play, swim and sleep.

Room Tip: Get a room with gulf view that is nice with a balcony
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Mlisa59
Larose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

We had a offer for two free night. We wanted to stay on Wednesday August 6th & Thursday August 7th. We called to book the rooms but was told that all the allotted free rooms were already booked but we were offered a suite upgrade for $56 a night. We had a 9th floor suite with a view of the H20 pool. The suite was very spacious and clean. Our suite had two queen beds,aJacuzzi tub,a shower and a mini refrigerator. We enjoyed everything about our stay. The reason I gave only four stars is because we had an issue with the breakfast buffet on Thursday morning. We paid for our buffet around 10:15am. As we sat down with our first plate of food we were told by our server that although we had just sat down to eat IF we wanted more food go get it now cause breakfast ends at 10:30am. Well it was 10:28am when she told us this. Who wants to eat a plate of food you put on your table that's getting cold while you eat the first plate of warm food you just sat down with? She also said we didn't have to leave but they would be switching from the breakfast buffet to the lunch buffet and then she walked away. We looked around the restaurant and we were one of five tables of customers still eating BUT every server had left the restaurant's dining room. We could not get a refill of our beverage. There was a bus boy cleaning tables and workers setting the buffet line for the lunch buffet. I seen a young boy putting strawberries in his plate then he went to the chocolate fountain to dip the strawberries. When I went to get strawberries a worker rudely told me that those were for the lunch buffet and I could not have any. Golden Nugget DON'T let people pay $10 for a breakfast buffet when you do not let them eat more than one plate of food. I could have gone to McDonald's for a lot less. But with that being said I will return to the casino and the hotel but not to the buffet.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank MMA1963
GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

This was our 2nd trip to Golden Nuggett. The rooms are nice. Pool is nice. Drink service was pretty fast. Very clean. Food is ok, seafood Buffett was good. We didn't really win much, but I did hit a royal flush on video poker, both times I went. So I got back the money I had already spent. Fun trip for a couple a days.

• 3 of 5 stars