Quality Inn Biloxi Beach by the Coliseum
Breakers Inn(Biloxi)
Cabana Motel(Biloxi)
Legacy Villas(Gulfport)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanconvention centerchoice hotelswaffle househot breakfastwaffle makermajor casinosnext morningan older hotelbooked this hoteli highly recommend this hotelyogurtdefinitely stay here againnice poolbiloxi beachshort drivegulf of mexico
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 4, 2009

We are very happy with our stay at this hotel. Beautiful beach is across the street. You can rent lounge chairs with umbrellas on the beach for $25 for the day, they only accept cash. They also have jet ski and paddle boats for rent.
Hotel rooms are very clean and nice. No problem getting extra towels.
The only thing they don't have is a place to wash off the sand after coming to the beach. We just jumped in the pool.
Breaksfast had many choices, and the staff was more than helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank mumsie19
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We stayed in this motel BEFORE Katrina, and it was nice, but not fantastic. It has been refurbed into a new brand (Quality VS Holiday Inn Express) , and in its new incarnation, a bit more spendy, albeit still the same old place. I imagine that with all the hurricanes, it is easy to get the rents they are asking, but , personally, I am not impressed. The rooms have been worked on, but the workmanship was not impressive. Its location, right on the beach, did make it desirable,but its overall seamy, decrepit feel made it less than appetizing to stay longer than one night. Good Breakfast, great pool.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Klaproth
Reviewed March 20, 2009

Wow, what a tremendous disappointment! I stay at Quality Inn's all the time, but $152.00 a night for this place was absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention the General manager was extremely rude in making the comment "I have never seen an ID like this, it looks homemade!" in refering to my service dogs identification. She went on to tell me how they had my credit card and would charge any cleaning fees to it for my dog... I did inform her that was highly illegal since he was a service dog. The irony is, a service animal is not required to have ANY ID according to Federal Law. I can only believe she didn't know what she was talking about and was trying to bluff me....
I definately would never stay here again, and definately would not recommend it to anyone I know.
The rooms were okay, but needed some attention. The coffee maker needed cleaning, it had dried coffee grounds in the filter basket, which is weird because they use the pre-packaged coffees.
No view of ocean available even though it is across the street from the Gulf of Mexico.
I will say the clerk that checked us in was very sweet inspite of the General Manager who was an A hole!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
gm4ms200, Manager at Quality Inn Biloxi Beach by the Coliseum, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologized for your unpleasant experience while staying at our Quality Inn, Biloxi, Ms. Since our hotel is "not pet friendly", I was called by one of our guest agent, that a guest checking in had a dog. I was then informed by the guest: "It's a service animal and I have paperwork to prove it ...(guest presented laminated ~4x6 card w/dog photo & registered #)...and that it would be against the law not allowing service animal..." I acknowledged that by law ALL businesses must to allowed Service Animals...including us. I did stated: " I have not seen an ID of this kind ..." (Although I am aware that there are legal documents for Service Animals; I have not seen any and this is the first encounters.) I also stated: "Please be advised that if the dog caused any damages to the room, we would charge cc on file for damages..."
Again, please accept my apology, if I have presented myself unprofessionally or rude. Thank you for letting us know what we need to improve on; and will continue to strive and do our best to provide all our guest with the best customer service in the future.

Reviewed January 21, 2009

This property was a real disappointment. While located directly across from the Gulf there are no ocean view rooms. The rooms are run down and shabby. We had to ask for more towels, and have the batteries replaced in the remote. The carpet was dirty and the desk chair had something spilled all over it that had not been cleaned.
There is no hot tub or guest laundry. The walls are paper thin. We heard everything our neighbors did.
The breakfast is strictly continental and there is NOWHERE to eat nearby.
I thought that after 3 years one would be able to get out and enjoy the beach, but forget it! It is still closed!! There is construction everywhere and huge piles of sand blocking your view. We were told we would have to drive a long way to find a beach access. One would think that after 3 years there wouldn't be such a state of chaos. Unfortunately, this area is not ready for tourists yet.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed September 17, 2008

We've stayed at this Inn in the past and found it to be a great value. It is clean, well maintained, across from the Beach and has a great staff. Best of all the price is very reasonable. But an old problem remains.

When we had to evacuate our home because of hurricane Gustav we were able to secure a poolside room at this property. During the week we spent waiting to be able to return home our stress level, already taxed by the storm, was pushed to the limit by a host of guests who used the pool as a place for their out of control and totally unsupervised children. The storm displaced many people who rarely spend time in a motel/hotel, and it seemed that many of the guests were FEMA funded patrons who were unwilling to supervise their children or their own behavior.

The real disappointment is that this otherwise well run property appears totally indifferent to conditions that occur outside of the office area. As storms approached with lightning..the pool was full of children, no adults, and management made no effort to enforce safety considerations. Other times, food and drinks were dumpted in the pool..no management. Guests of all ages were diving into the shallow water on or near signs saying "no diving." There was no security staff to bring even a slight sense of personal safety to guests.

This failure to supervise the outside area is nothing new. In the past rowdy guests kept the noise level high throughout the nite etc..We're sorry to say that we wouldn't risk taking our grandchildren to this place and likely we won't return as well. If you can't control your guests and make them feel safe then all of your other positive attributes won't matter. In a town with Casino gambling, staying at this property is a gamble. On our last visit we lost!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)