WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs

Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Newark, Delaware USA
“Older property, Friendly Staff - OK Place to Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

This is an older property, but is in OK shape. There is nothing special (good or bad) about it, other than the front desk staff is super friendly. I am a HHonnors Diamond member so I stay at Hilton a lot. I would, and will, return to this hotel. I read a fair amount of negative reviews on this hotel, so I was hesitant to stay here; but I found the bad reviews were mostly unfounded. It is not a slight to say that it is an average Hampton Inn. No thrills, no drama, a clean room, comfortable bed, very quiet, friendly staff, good breakfast.

The hotel is right off I-10 and convenient to Ocean Springs, Biloxi, etc. There are plenty of chain restaurants nearby, but it is worth the 5 minute drive to downtown Ocean Springs for a much nicer dinning experience.

The only down side to my stay was the TV would turn off by itself. When I reported it to the desk, the girl said that happens from time-to-time and had the maintenance man fix it. Evidently it is the Satellite box and not the TV. I will find out next week if it was fixed, as I will be returning.

Overall this is a good, if unexciting place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bill s, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thank you very much nfor staying at our Hotel. We have always focused on that it's not the stuff but the staff. Again, thanks for staying with us and hope to have you back real soon when you visit the Ms. Gulf Coast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Brandon, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

This hotel is the best in the Ocean Springs, MS area. The staff greeted guests with a smile and explained the services. I would recommend this hotel 100%. As a conference coordinator, I stay at many hotels during the course of the year. Some meet expectations, some do not. This Hampton Inn met and exceeded expectations!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your response to our Hotel. We take great pride in serving our guest on the Ms Gulf Coast. When you schedule your next trip we hope that you will choose our Hotel. Thank you and have a great holiday
Winter Garden, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The 8 hour drive from Winnie, TX to Biloxi (Ocean Spring), MS on 11 July 2013 was hard due to the weather and to traffic (Baton Rouge in particular), but we were able to check on our reservation from the road with "Laura" who greeted when we arrived at 7:47 PM and checked us into Room 217. The breakfast was very good, but the oatmeal made by "Christine" was far and away the best oatmeal that we have had at a Hampton Inn, maybe ever! "Christine" explained how she made it in the oven, and it was terrific. We like the way Hampton Inn now includes fresh cooked oatmeal in every breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrandonTurner, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful reveiw of our hotel. We are glad that you chose to stay with us during your trip. It is always great to hear when our guest remember the employees they come in contact with. I will be sure to share with both Laura and Christine that you mentioned them in your review. I am glad you found our Oatmeal to be the best you have had. Christine does do a great job in making sure the oatmeal taste fresh and great. Thanks again taking the time to write this review and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
The Woodlands, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Excellent location off of I-10. Stayed here because it was a waypoint between Florida and Texas. Great value since it includes breakfast & wifi. Very clean public space and rooms were what I expected. Service from Laura during the PM was good. Left very early in the morning and no one was at the desk so I just left without checking out. But not a big deal knowing that it's a limited service hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. We are glad that you chose to stay with us while traveling through the area. I am glad you found our hotel to be of great value with all the complimentary amenities that we offer. I will be sure to let Laura know that you mentioned the good service she provided during your check in. Thanks again for staying with us and we look forward to having you again.
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at this same hotel in 2005 right before Hurricane Katrina. Needless to say, it has been totally refurbished since that time and we loved it again. Very convenient to the freeway. Great staff, usual Hampton breakfast which we enjoy as a quick start to another day on the road.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us again. As you mentioned, we have completed an entire renovation of the hotel. I am glad you find our location to be convenient for your travel as we are located right off the interstate. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and we hope to see you again soon.
Clinton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I was "extremely satisfied" with the stay at Hampton in Ocean Springs (Biloxi), MS. There were no problems of any kind! cvcbcvfgfhdjfhfgutyrtersdsfxvcvfbjhgjkhgotyitutytjtrmnrnmrndxjdhfgryrteeeuifitjtnvhgytg

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am glad that you were satisfied and had no problems during your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to having you again when you are in the area.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I only have two rather superficial complaints about this place... the first was the water in the shower did have a smell (and does make showering a bit more difficult to get clean). But, I can't really fault the hotel since that is apparently the norm for Ocean Springs (according to my girlfriend, who lived in Ocean Springs for a while). The other was their hot breakfast selection... aside from the typical waffles, their sausage patties contained eggs within the patty itself, and the only other hot option was eggs (I can't do eggs).

Otherwise, the stay was very quiet, very comfortable, and the service was great. It was close to where we were visiting and a decent setup for going to New Orleans the next day.

Back to the breakfast part... we were just going to hit the McDonald's (which is in front of the hotel), but as we were getting our stuff in the car, one of the hotel staff ran out with a couple of two-go bags with water, a breakfast bar, muffin, and an apple. After some hesitation on my part, we accepted the bags and skipped McDonald's.

If it weren't for the lack of hot breakfast items and the water, I'd give it 5 stars. Service, room quality, my sleep quality were all top notch, otherwise.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BrandonTurner, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am glad that you experienced exceptional service from our staff. As general manager, it is always great to hear when our guest have such a good experience when dealing with our team. I do apologize that our hotel items being served the morning you were here did not meet your expectations. We do change our menu each day to provide some variety in our offerings. It is good to hear that our on the go bags were able work for you and save the trip to McDonalds. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while in the area, and we look forward to having you again as our guest.