“Will stay here again” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Atlanta
“Will stay here again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

When traveling I always start my search for a hotel with Hampton Inn if there is one in the area, as I've come to trust the brand, and know that I will be comfortable staying at one of their properties. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends. We were only in the area for one day en route to a family function, as our son loves the beach, and this hotel is around six (6) traffic lights from the water. This location didn't let me down, as the grounds and the interior were very clean. I was very satisfied with our room from the decor to the comfortable mattress. I would say that the carpet must have been replaced recently, as there wasn't any odor, nor any stains, which is one of my pet peeves. I would also like to point out that the duvet covers (which I always remove) were white (which is unusual for a hotel) and appeared to be brand new, although a note left by the cleaning staff pointed out that they were freshly cleaned for our arrival, and it was apparent. The hotel was quiet and we didn't even hear any of the guests on our floor once we retired for the evening. The continental breakfast included fresh fruit, danish/waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal/oatmeal, and yogurt, which should include somethig for everyone in the family. The only reason I didn't give an "excellent" review has more to do with the person at the front desk who checked us in, and less to do with the hotel. When we arrived (after a day on the road and at the beach) we were pretty tired and eager to check in, freshen up, and rest. Well, there was only one employee at the front desk, and although she was assisting another customer upon our arrival, she didn't take the time to greet us, not even after around five minutes of waiting. So I decided to return to the car to gather our things in the hopes that when I returned the other customer's issue whould have been sorted out. Well, it wasn't, and the front desk clerk, with me, and by then other customers waiting to check in, never offered an "I'll be right with you", or a "sorry for the delay" at any point. Although she was friendly when it was our turn to check in, she seemed a bit frazzled from having to do check ins and answer calls from prospective hotel guests looking for rooms only to tell them that the hotel was completely booked. That being said, my overall experience with this hotel was positive, and I plan to return in the future. A great value and with cleanliness at the top of my list this hotel did not disappoint.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
BrandonTurner, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Wow, thank you so much for the great review of our hotel. It is always great to hear when our guest have such a wonderful experience while staying with us. I am glad that the location fit the needs of you and your family. I hate to hear that your check in experience was a little slower than normal, and i will be sure to share your feedback with our front desk employees so that we can be sure to acknowledge each of those guest waiting in line. Other than that, it sounds like you had a wonderful stay, and I am glad you took notice of our note letting you know that all of our bedding is fresh and clean for every guest. Again, thank you so much for the wonderful review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Houston, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially the lady in the breakfast area! Our room was clean, but a little small compared to other King Bed/Study rooms at other locations. With two teenagers who are adult sized, it was a little cramped. The outdoor pool was small, but very clean. The location was perfect...right off I-10. So, it was easy to just pull off the highway and pull into the hotel! Would definitely stay there again!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

BrandonTurner, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Nicole was the breakfast attendant during your stay and I will be sure to share your comments with her and the entire staff. I am also happy you found the the location to be perfect for you and we definantly look forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in the area. Thanks again for the great review!!
Gretna, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Very nice place close to the Malls and great places to eat We are from the New Orleans area and like to get out of town once in a while with out Driving a Great distance from New Orleans We had dinner at Aunt Jenny's Love there Fried Catfish we can get sea food here in New Orleans but Pond Raised Catfish comes for the Mississippi Gulf Coast

1 Thank McDonald M
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am glad you found our hotel to be in a great location that fit you and your family's needs while you were in town. We do have some great restaurants and shopping close by and I am glad to see that you and your family were able to enjoy our area. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are back in town. Thanks again for the review!
Brookhaven, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

The good first. Quick weekend trip decided on the Hampton. The front desk staff was very friendly and check in was fast. This seems to be an older motel but it was very clean , Was on the 3rd floor and it was very quite. Now the bad.. Had a king bed and it was terrible. This one should have been changed a long time ago. We only stayed one night. I could have not slept on it another night. This made for a very worn out next day..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BrandonTurner, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that our front desk staff was helpful and they got you checked in. We do take great pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and I am glad that you found it to meet your expectations. I am sorry to hear that you found the bed to be uncomfortable. We normally get great reviews about the comfort of the beds at Hampton Inn. I hope that if you are in the area again, that you will stay with us and give our beds one more chance. Thanks again for the review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Lakeland,tn
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I stood at the front desk calling for someone to check me in (around 3 in the afternoon) before they showed up at the desk. The woman seemed annoyed that we were there and we did not feel welcomed. We were given a room where the head board was against the elevator wall and asked to be changed. The same person as we had checking us in said that she did not have anything else but then gave us a handicapped room. If I was handicapped, there was no way I could have reached the shower handle as it was modified with a cheap handheld that did not have moving up and down capabilities and was very close to the celing. i am not handicapped so not an issue for me but the water pressure was so low that it took forever to get the shampoo out of my hair. The curtains were falling down at one end of the window - so light streamed in very early in the morning. the baby screaming next door was also an issue. The only person who was nice to us was the day we checked out. She managed the breakfast area and she helped me get coffee, which is all we had because the breakfast area was full without enough seating. We check out one day early because the hotel was aweful. We stayed there once before and it was fine. The rooms are very small and tight. My husband had to fight with the desk that was up against the bed to get in and out of bed. We did request a suite when we booked, but were told that there were none.

• 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank BHorton
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay. We take all of our guests' feedback very seriously, and appreciate it as a valuable teaching tool. I have shared your comments with my entire team. I was very disappointed to learn you found received poor service when you first checked in and that the second room you stayed in, had some maintenance issues that inconvenienced you. We rarely receive negative comments, so, when we do, we address any issues immediately with our team to ensure that the same mistakes are not repeated. Our corporate office will also receive a copy of your comments, so you can rest assured that these issues will be addressed.

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the team at the property. We truly appreciate that you chose to stay with us, and we know that you have many places to choose from for your lodging needs. I would appreciate it if you could please give us another opportunity.

Thank you again for sharing your comments, and please feel free to contact me directly if there is anything else that I can do for you.
Bonaire, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Overall, I thought the stay at the Hampton was very good. The lobby, room, and hotel in general was clean and displayed professionalism on the part of the staff. They had goodie bags prepared for those customers who did not have time to eat their continental breakfast. Remembered thinking to myself, what a good gesture. The location was within close proximity of the casinos.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be professional. Our guest love our On the Go Breakfast Bags. They are perfect for people who may be in a hurry and do not have time to enjoy our hot breakfast. Again, thank you for the great review, and I hope you will stay with us again when you are in the area.
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I visited this property 06/02-06/05. I was celebrating my 2nd year wedding anniversary. It's basically 10 minutes from everything. The beaches, casinos, malls, and restaurants are all nearby. The only thing was everytime I went to the front desk in the evening, no one was there. Either they were in the breakfast area eating and watching TV or in what I assume to be the laundry room near the elevator. Other than that, I really enjoyed my stay. The convenience store and the Mcdonalds in walking distance was great as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsCoker
Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while celebrating your anniversary. We are located in a great area with easy access to the interstate as well as all the local restaurants, beaches, and attractions. I do aplogize for you having to wait for someone at the front desk. Unfortunantly, there are times when the front desk associate has to step away from the front desk to either go back to the laundry room or perhaps run to the kitchen to bake some fresh cookies. Thank you again for the survey and we look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area.