WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs

Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Asheville, NC
“Great low cost alternative in the Biloxi area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

We were just stopping for the night on a 1200-mile trip, and we didn't want to spend a lot of money or get too far from the interstate. So, we shied away from the hotels on the beach in favor of this older Hampton Inn by the interstate at the Ocean Springs exit. The room was a little small compared with Hampton's newer properties, but the room quality was the same you'd expect at any of this chain's hotels. The decor looked fairly recent and was in excellent repair. And, most important, it had the usual Hampton bed (which fits my AARP-eligible bones very well).

The breakfast was Hampton's normal fare -- quite adequate and served in an attractive setting. The front desk staff was friendly both on check in and check out.

Access from I-10 is easy and the hotel is visible even before you make your exit. There are fast food restaurants and gas stations in the immediate vicinity.

The best part of this was the price. We got this for around $95. Other hotels in the area were in the $115 to $125 range.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
blxosgm, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly during both your check in and check out. They do a great job each and every day. It is hard to beat the Hampton beds, and its good to hear they fit you just right!! Our breakfast team does a great job keeping the breakfast area clean and stocked. I will be sure to share this review with all of our departments so they will know their hard work does not go unnoticed. Thanks again for writing these great comments, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Things were what we expected from a Hampton Hotel. Always clean and comfy! This one was quite so I had a good nights sleep, even though it was near an interstate highway. The free breakfast is always a time saver when your ready to explore the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write this survey regarding your stay. We are always glad to here when our guest are satisfied and find our hotel to meet or exceed what they have come to expect from Hampton Inn. Even though we are located in a close proximety to the interstate, we are still just far enough so that our guest do not experience excessive noise. Thanks again for this review, and we look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area.
Goose Creek, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

When I called about not having any connectivity, wireless or LAN, I was told that they had been having problems with "my room" a few days ago but thought they had it corrected. I asked what help the hotel could provide to help in this situation and was told that I would have to contact the service provider, which I thought to be very strange. Why would a hotel guest have to call the hotels internet service provider? I have no authority to request service from them. I asked if I could be moved to a different room where there was no issues with the connectivity and was told that the hotel was completely full which I found very hard to believe based on the amount of foot traffic in the lobby area. This absolutely did not make my stay feel enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced with the wireless internet. Our guest room internet is managed through the Hilton Stay Connected program, and they do provide 24/7 customer support for guest experiencing issues. This can sometimes be due to a firewall on a computer, or can be an issue with a certain access point in the hotel. In order for the issue to be corrected promptly, we do request that our guest call the 800 number so that the support team can help troubleshoot the problem. I know this can sometimes be an inconvenience, and I do sincerely apologize. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Fort Myers, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in March. I loved it! I checked in at 3am and sometimes when you checkin that late, it's hit or miss. The girl that checked me in was so pleasant and efficient. The room was clean and comfortable and everything you would expect from a quality Hampton Inn. I didn't eat the breakfast, but it looked good and the breakfast area was clean. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
blxosgm, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write this great review of our hotel. I am glad you found your check-in experience at 3 AM to be pleasent. Our staff does a fantastic job at keeping our hotel clean and comfortable for every guest, and I am glad that we were able provide the level of quality service that you have come to expect with Hampton Inn. We definetly look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area!! Thanks again for the wonderful review!
Alpharetta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed over a weekend for a lacrosse tournament. I stayed here after looking at the reviews for other nearby hotels. Clearly I made the right choice as everyone that stayed elsewhere had a complaint about their hotel. I checked in with points and received a drink and snack for my status; they even did the same for the guy I carpooled with even though he was not a HHonors member. The room was clean and the hotel was quiet. One of the keyboard on the two computers in the lobby area had a key sticking on the keyboard but otherwise worked fine and was convenient. The breakfast area was busy but the staff was super friendly and kept up with restocking the food and emptying the trash--not an easy task when teams of kids and parents cycle through at the same time. My son wished they had bacon vs. sausage and they ran out of syrup one day. Otherwise, everything was excellent at breakfast with a good choice of hot food, cold cereal, and fresh fruit. If we return to this tournament I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Walking distance to fast food and Dennys and only one exit away from a shopping center and typical c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for this great review. I am glad you found our hotel to be clean and quiet and our staff to be so helpful. It can sometimes be a challenge when large groups are in house to keep up with everything at breakfast so it is great to hear that we were able to do that. I have taken care of the issue with the key sticking on the keyboard in our business center. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We certainly look forward to having you stay with us again if you return to the area. Thanks again for taking the time to write this wonderful review.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for 76 days on military orders. I could not be impressed with the facility and the employees. The breakfast was great with plenty of options and staff is always helpful. The only thing I am disappointed about there being no laundry facility, so I had to pay for laundry service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
blxosgm, General Manager at Hampton Inn Biloxi / Ocean Springs, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Hi Anne!! We enjoyed having you stay with us while you were in town on military orders. I am glad you had a great stay. We do have a great team here, and they always work hard to ensure our guest have a good experience at our hotel. I do apologize for the laundry issue. I know that it was an inconvenience to have to pay for the laundry service, but I hope you found it to be quality service. Thanks for taking the time to write this great review of our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in town for military orders or just a getaway.
Opp, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Great stay! Staff was really helpful. Quiet and clean. Only minutes from Biloxi. We had to leave before our second night stay due to illness in family. Staff was very accommodating. Breakfast was great. Dinning area very clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review of our hotel. I hate that you had to leave early, but we understand those things happen. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and I am glad you found our staff to be enjoyable and the hotel and breakfast area clean. I will be sure to share this review with our team, as they enjoy reading the great reviews our guest write. Thanks again, and we look forward to having you stay with us again.