“Great Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 46 Hotels in Biloxi
New Orleans, LA
“Great Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

Pros:

Loved the Casino
Loved the hotel room
Loved the pool

Cons:
Slow elevators
Very noisy staff in hallway at 11:30PM. This really annoyed me.

I had a nice getaway. I will return very shortly before summer ends.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper levels.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

My wife and I were traveling across country and decided to stay a night (and maybe two) at the IP Casino. We did not have a good experience. The entire experience was very poor. If you are a non smoker stay somewhere else.

The room was nice enough but we had two bad experiences with the staff. We did. to stay a second night. We moved on Nd I would suggest you do too!

Room Tip: Our non smoking room reeked of smoke.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank James D
Sarah S, Manager at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
We are very sorry to read the negatives in your review. We sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss any of your concerns in detail please contact the hotel manager directly. Your detailed feedback will allow us to continually improve our service levels and overall guest satisfaction.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Had a great week in Biloxi! IP pool is perfect! (Pool needs better bartender. Our mixed drinks were terrible.). Buffet has miles of food. Sports themed restaurant was nice. Casino was fun - slots from $0.09 and up. Rooms were very nice with comfortable beds. Employees were very helpful & friendly.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank KDavi62
Augusta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was very clean. Room was comfortable and spacious. Bathroom was extremely small however. Service was good. The bell men were very efficient. Valet system was a little slow. The casino had excellent selection of slots, but poker tables were limited.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Belleair, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I first went to the Beau because of the free flights and played my bankroll there. They became too tight so decided to make the Hard Rock my casino of choice and got to Double Platinum. The Hard Rock is looser than the Beau but no free flights of course. So have to drive all the time from Florida now. That being the case I thought maybe the IP I heard so much about on a slot forum I subscribe to would be my new casino since the Hard Rock host was neglectlng me. Two stays were uneventful and place really seems to being going to seed. The rooms are shabby and old school. Looks like furniture from a garage sale of old stuff. Being the glutton for punishment I thought to give them a third try for my 25th wedding anniversary. Called to make a comped reservation for September 7th on the phone and the girl was snooty right off the bat by chiding me for not using the internet to book it. Plus when I told her about my anniversary she acted like what's the big deal. Maybe she was having a bad day but I did not feel the welcome vibe. More like, "I have better things to do" vibe. Relayed that to management by email but they never got back to me so I am thinking of just cancelling the reservation and again staying at the Hard Rock. At least they seem to like me being there even if the host basically blows me off and never keeps his promises. Don't know who is running things at the IP but they better get their act together or they will lose customers due to indifferent help.
I wasn't going to write a negative review of my trip in May but since this recent booking episode I figure might as well put my two cents in. Oh, and for what it is worth this is the only casino buffet my wife has ever gotten food poisoning at. She was in the room most of the trip throwing up. Not a good trip. Hope this one goes better since it is our 25th wedding anniversary.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank david33756
Sarah S, Manager at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
hank you for your feedback regarding your experience with our reservations department. We sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Please understand that the experience described is not indicative of the high standards to which we hold ourselves. These comments have been shared with the Director of Hotel Operations. Again, we appreciate your feedback that allows us to continually improve our service levels and overall guest satisfaction.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Ip is the best casino on the coast they have great slots and table games. Clean. Fun atmosphere. And the people there is always nice and the employees are always helpful and do great work and teamwork I will tell everyone I know to go to ip and play and stay.its always clean and smells good when I go and play and stay

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Great rate for premium room 7 days in advance thru reservation at hotel. Stayed on 13th floor for 2 nights. Very modern, very clean beyond my expectations! Comfy bed with nice linens and towels. Great AC and room darkening drapes! You can get a FREE supper buffet($22.00 each savings) if you sign up for a players card. Buffet was very good! Best part was the rooftop( of parking garage) pool and spa(11th floor). Very large pool with sunning edges inside the pool to sit on. Great bar/snacks. Towels, comfy lounge chairs and giant 40x20 foot TV. Nice view of the bay from spa. Very romantic pool @ night with underwater rotating lights and starry sky. Great city view of skyline/casinos. I d on't gamble but did enjoy the slots and loved that the casino was clean smelling and not smoky. Would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Parking garage is a hassle. Need a beach coverup as you have to walk halls and thru casino to get to...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple