“Temper your expectations”

IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

First of all, I wasn't here by choice. I was speaking at a conference held here so I was just in for ~15 hrs. I had no forethought of enjoying myself. Secondly, remember it's Biloxi, MS not Vegas. That being said, IP is a nice place overlooking the sound not the gulf (beaches ~1.5 mi. away) sittin' by its lonesome next to another tiny casino.

Generally, staff was efficient but not friendly (not that they spit on you, but few smiles or chatting). I did get upgraded to a "spa suite" because of availability (whatever that means), which was very nice. Good size, hardwood floors, art deco motif, comfortable bed. The bathroom was beautiful with a spa tub and separate shower, water closet to hide toilet, double sinks, and granite tiling with ceramic accents. There was the obligatory minibar, but also a small fridge/freezer and microwave in an island bar with stools. All this was lost on me cuz I was solo and not there long enough to appreciate it. However, I really appreciate a well-appointed hotel room as I'm in them 2-3 times a week. Free wifi, but very week such that eventually I had to use my air card.

Most disappointing was, since I got in late, everything but the coffee bar was closed or closing food wise (all close by 10-11, except sports bar 'til 12). I didn't want pastry or left over chicken salad croissants or lunchmeat wraps so I just waited 'til morning. Only breakfast beside the coffee bar is the buffet that is open 7-10 A. Being an early riser, I ended up driving 5 mi. to a McD's.

I'm not a casino guy cuz I do sports betting and the occasional video poker, but I walked around to check it out. It has it all and alot of it, but only a few scattered banks of 8/5 VP machines (I look for 9/6). Casino is smoky, but it's a casino! They do have a separate non-smoking casino, which is nice, if your into a healthy setting for your gambling vice.

Ads for shows featured names from the 60's, 70's, and 80's (Neil Sedaka, Vicki Lawrence, Pat Benatar). Conference set up and rooms were the usual, but just what you'd need should you need a place.

In the end, I would stay here if I you're >50 and want a nice place to sleep and gamble at a reasonable rate. Restaurants may be good, but I don't know. Pool, exercise room, likewise. Resort fee was $5.60 so about 1/4 of Vegas, which is about right. If you want more, I'd go to Hard Rock (hipper), Beau Rivage (nicer), or just go to Vegas you cheap skate.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe C
There are newer reviews for IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Being a regular patron of the ip casino i would recommend it to anyone. it has a great atmosphere excellent staff very helpful. i took the grandkids to the pool they absolutely enjoyed it. the food, gaming. hotel and staff one of the greatest on the mississippi coast.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2014

just returned from our first trip to Biloxi and the IP hotel. great experience and great hotel. Had a great time and the loaded potato soup we got at the sports bar was excellent. played let it ride and the staff was very good. played slots but lost my money on them but a great variety of games to play. we will go back to this hotel as we didn't find anything wrong with it. the rooms are large

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 18, 2014

my family and i had a really good time, we won some and lost some but the staff was very polite and the buffet was awesome i always have a good experience at the great IP casino.hope to be back soon thanks

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Being a regular patron of this casino resort. I would 100% recommend it to anyone that enjoys a great place to unwind in a very updated resort. It has great slots, hotel, great food and very nice personal that are helpful and kind. They have 2 large seperate floors of casino that extent out to be a very large playing areas even a non-smoking area. They have so many things to offer I have left out most of the things like entertainment in studio's with huge stars. And alot of parking.
I enjoy it and I believe everyone else would too. It is a hidden secret of Biloxi for some people who have missed this one.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We went to the IP to "check it out" on a recent trip to Biloxi. My wife and I were both impressed by the entire experience. The casino is very large with a good selection of both table games and slots. The atmosphere is very pleasant. The waitresses are fast and friendly and the drinks are what you expect but don't get at most other casinos. We ate at the buffet and it was very good with a very large selection to choose from. We did not stay at the hotel yet but are looking forward to our first stay there. We also joined their players club and already are halfway to the next level. The B-Connected program is easy to understand, has good value, and seems to be a program where reaching the highest level is realistically attainable for the average player.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I did not stay at the hotel - however, I did visit the casino and I was impressed! They had the latest, greatest games on the floor along with a lively and fun atmosphere! I love how the casino is sectioned off into different areas. It makes you feel like it goes on forever and forever! The drinks were strong and the service was fast. Can't wait until my next trip to Biloxi so I can hang out at the IP again!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends