“Nonsmoker's nightmare”

Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Jackson, Mississippi
“Nonsmoker's nightmare”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I had a one night stay and found a great deal at this supposedly 4-star hotel. I know that all casino hotels are smoker magnents, but I'm a reasonably tolerant non-smoker...as long as it's not in my face. On arrival at this very beautiful hotel, it was obvious that this place is not just smoker-friendly; it's completely dominated by smoking. Everywhere you go, it is literally in your face. There were smokers standing around at the check in area, puffing away. Same in all public cooridors, the elevator lobbies, and even on the elevators themselves! The cloud was so thick, you would think the building was on fire. My supposedly non-smoking room also reeked of smoke, especially in the bathroom. I figured out that it was coming up from the plumbing from the room below me. When I returned home, all my clothes and overnight bag reeked of smoke. All nonsmokers should avoid the IP Biloxi. The shame of it is that It's actually a stunningly beautiful property; it must have cost several hundred million dollars to build. But the over-the-top smoking scene ruins it. Stay away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank HC B
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at IP Casino Resort Spa. We are very sorry to read the negatives in your review. We will be upgrading our HVAC system in the casino early next year that will improve air flow and decrease the smell of smoke. If you find your non-smoking room smells smoky, please contact the front desk. They will be happy to move you if another non-smoking room is available or, if not, bring a machine into your room that reduces odors in the room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 25, 2012

First time visiting Biloxi, found out ip was part of bconnected & decided to try it out, loved everything except pool area closed Monday before I got there would have loved to try it out since it was still warm, even brought back little more money than I took that's always nice. Room, food, slots was all great

Room Tip: Don't wait till last minute
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hubby & I stayed @ IP for 2 nites on Sunday,10-14th & the 15th-2012. The hotel & casino were nicer than expected. Room was clean size was just right with nice view overlooking gulf, not crampy at all. All of staff were friendly & attentive to our needs, even when arriving early, we were checked in & was told if room wasn,t up to our standards, to call front desk to be moved to another room. We were on 28th floor w/great view. Only thing didnt like was the fridge in room stocked with expensive soft drinks & snacks for purchase & couldnt use to put your own water or cold drinks in. Also ice & vending room had ice but no vending machine, hotel expects you to use from stocked fridge in room, nope didnt touch. The coffee house in hotel was better than Starbucks coffee & also have sandwiches, salads & other goodies for purchase. Can't wait to return, our 35th anniversary trip was a success. Send our complimentary stay :-) Thanx

Room Tip: Rooms from 18th floor on up is the right choice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DeeWendy
Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2012

The ip casino is top notch, we had wonderful weekend, and the slot machines are very friendly...we came home with money, always fun when u can do that, plus room and meals were comp, even nicer...we ate at the 32 restaurant, and we were treated like royalty...John at the. Check in desk at 32 was so accomadating, he even sent someone downstairs to get us a mt.Dew, to drink...we enjoyed visiting with him and he was super nice, we felt at home...again IP thank u for wonderful stay we will see u again in few weeks...
George and jerri C

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jerri C
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Me and my always stay at IP casino resort.We really enjoy ourselves gambling, going to the concerts and the food is great.We also enjoyed the late nite sports bar menu which had a very a variety of food to chose from.I would recommend my family and friends to book there room here everytime.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
chipley
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I noticed no one was winning on the slots ,I never even got more than maybe 50 credits. I booked my reservation on line with expedia for a decent price but no one told me that I would have to pay a $100.00 deposit.That was $100.00 that I could have spent on entertainment. I have now gone home and I have to wait 72 business hours for my deposit, I'll be back to work by then . Thanks for putting a spoiler on my mini vacation ,if I would have known ahead of time I could have made different arraignments.I will not be back .I think the casino has just gotten too tight. I use to love going to the I.P. I will not be back.Cindy

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Digital Marketing Manager at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at IP Casino Resort Spa. We are sorry that you were unaware of our deposit policy. We make every effort to ensure all policies are listed on the various travel sites. On Expedia, the deposit is listed under "Fees". Again, we apologize for any inconvenience.
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The wait was etremely long, once we were waited on The staff was rude and inconsiderate. We got the hotel manager to help us and she was no help. Rooms were terrible. Staff treated us like we were no one.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Jeanine2
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Digital Marketing Manager at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at IP Casino Resort Spa. We were very sorry to learn about your frustration in regards to checking in. Unfortunately, there are days that due to high occupancy wait times are a bit longer than normal. Your comments have also been shared with the Director of Hotel Operations since your experience is not in keeping with our high service standards.