“First time at IP ... won't be the last!”

IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We regularly visit Biloxi and stay at the Beau Rivage, however they were sold out on a last minute stay. We had received flyers from the IP for a comp stay and food credit so we thought we'd give it a try. After checking Tripadvisor for reviews (as I ALWAYS do before booking a trip) I was a little apprehensive about this hotel, they had some questionable reviews. We had gambled here last year and weren't impressed. We overcame our hesitation and called the hotel and were informed they had rooms available and comped us a night. Upon arrival, we found the lines to check in a little long and it took about 15 minutes to check in, not bad. The room was one of the newly remodeled rooms with a great view of the bay. Very nice, very contemporary, we were impressed. The bed was very comfortable, the room clean and all was well until the a/c started up. Wow, it was so loud I thought maybe there was an airplane flying by. We considered asking for a different room but didn't feel like moving all of our stuff. Turns out it was fine! I slept like a baby, guess I was tired from our trip and although I am a pretty light sleeper, the noise didn't keep me from a good sleep. The food had received mediocre reviews and that was a concern as I am picky but we ate at the cafe and the buffet and it was very, very good. Management: Please note that the service in the buffet (Ann) and in the cafe (wish I could remember his name), was excellent! Even the security guard in the casino gave us help when we couldn't remember where we parked. I am a frequent traveler and I noticed that everyone we came into contact with had customer service training. The service was consistently excellent! Nice job! Not sure what the prior folks were complaining about but we were very happy with our stay overall. If you're an extremely light sleeper, I would ask for a quiet room. We were very impressed with the IP and would definitely consider staying there again in the future. If I had to complain about one thing, it was the drink service. We got one drink but it was very hard to find servers again and we gambled for several hours. If you haven't been there in a while, give it another shot, the upgraded rooms and facilities are definitely first rate, comparable with one of the nicer 4 star casinos in Vegas. Most Important: the top floor of the casino is non-smoking. THANK YOU IP FOR PROVIDING A NICE LARGE AREA FOR US NON-SMOKING GAMBLERS. IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!

4  Thank SATraveler_11

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This is my second visit to the IP in less than a year. Took my mom again and we drove from Florida during the night. Arrived around 5:00 am on a Wednesday and played in the quiet casino until we checked in (around 11). The first half hour while drinking Bloody Marys, I hit 4 aces on the poker machine at the Torch Bar ($500), then a few hours later hit a $4000 Royal Flush jackpot on the $1 video poker machine outside the high limit area. It was a great start.

Stayed a week - 5 nights were comped and the weekend at the casino rate. Got a standard queen room this time and it was clean and comfortable. There wasn't much difference between this room and the upgraded one we had last time, except the carpeting. The pillows are still very lumpy, but brought our own so it didn't matter. We had a nice view of the bay and Boomtown Casino.

The hotel was very crowded and someone said it has been sold out every night for the last few months. There were many small kids here with parents - - too many for a casino hotel!

Everyone encountered in the hotel from the check-in desk to the housekeeping staff were friendly and pleasant. Played a lot of slot machines this trip and they seemed better as far as selection and paybacks since Boyd Gaming took over.

1  Thank castaways01
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The IP Casino Resort Spa in Biloxi is in a word, AWESOME! We arrived on July 18, 2012 for an overnight stay. When you pull up to the hotel, there are bellhops/valet staff to greet you. Valet services are included in your fee for the hotel. You can choose to self park but, the garage is quite a distance and inconvenient. If you use valet, you can call your ticket number down 5 - 10 minutes before you need to leave and your car will be waiting on you when you get outside.

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel staff was amazing.

The logistics...
This hotel is relatively new. When you enter, like most casinos, you will find a casino on the first floor as well as some restaurants. Also, like most, you will smell some cigarette smoke when you arrive coming from the casino. There is also a convenience store on the first floor. One thing I particularly liked was that there is a 2nd casino on the 2nd floor that is non-smoking. Outside of that casino is an arcade which is great if you have teens that need entertainment.
There are several restaurants in the hotel but, we didn't try any.

Arriving in the room, I was pleasantly surprised. I had a room overlooking the bay. The view was great. Also, the TV greets you when you arrive with your name displayed on the TV screen encouraging you, by name, to enjoy your stay.

Biloxi is a great area to visit. I haven't been to a ton of beaches but, I thought it was great that there are several locations where you can pull right up and walk right out onto the beach. The beaches were clean. The town itself seemed very laid back, not too much traffic and, a straight shot through the town.

If you go to Biloxi on Wednesday, go to Bonefish Grill at the mall. On Wednesday, they have "Bang Bang" shrimp and chicken as well as other menu items, all of which of $5.00 which is great for the budget. They tasted great and the ambience was really nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room overlooking the water.
3  Thank Lisa D
Reviewed July 20, 2012

It is a beautiful hotel and the rooms are spacious and well meet your every need. The only issue we had was that the ac vent blows cold air on the bed located next to the wall when it's on which makes it very uncomfortable to sleep.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Me and my sister stay at IP for the first time in Biloxi in the Month of July,and all I can say is they have some very nice peoples working for them. They're so nice to the point if you were in a bad mood especially Casino Host Cindy she so down to earth, friendly, always smiling, and helpful every time we saw her and also valet Cody is also a very nice and helpful person. Room was great and bed slept good. Everything just was very nice.

1  Thank VICK_TRAVEL_E
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My sisters and I travelled to Biloxi the weekend 6-8 July. we stayed at the IP after receiving a two-night hotel stay comp. An excellent hotel and the staff was very friendly.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Havn't been to Biloxi since the 70's, so took advantage of a comped offer to see what it was like. As a Vegas regular and a frequent Tunica visitor, I did not have high hopes for Biloxi, but I was pleasantly surprised at the excellent service offered by the IP (of course it was recently purchased by the Boyd group and they were trying to make an impression on their Emerald members).
The casino has a lot of machines (with numerous new ones) and is spread over 4 rooms on 2 floors. The casino is very noisy, but they have one room for non-smokers and another that is much less noisy...check them all out. For Video Poker players, you have to be playing at the $ level to get decent pay schedules and only about 5-8% of the machines are VP.
The rooms are nothing to write home about, but they are adequate. My wife really liked the spa. The buffett is very good, as is the steak house. Lines do tend to be long on Friday and Saturday and reservations for the steak house are a must.
The employees are much more friendly than the ones in Tunica and the hotel is very clean and well appointed. Boyd obviously did a lot of rehab on the property.

Room Tip: 2 sets of elevators, one for the upper floors and the other for the lower. The upper elevators wer...
2  Thank CaptainBill2010