“Get the penthouse, good value.”

IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed June 15, 2012

IP looks a little dated from the outside, as soon as you get inside you can appreciate the remodel investment they have made. Looks as good as any 3 diamond vegas hotel. The gaming was great. Much better than the Beau Rivage (big MGM property) Had a penthouse room, 400-500 night, nice retro feel with bright colors and hip decor. Great time. My friends stayed at Beau and wished they had stayed at IP with me. Have a great time!

Room Tip: Penthouse 30th floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Chris S
There are newer reviews for IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Upon arrival I will admit that I was skeptical. The outside of the hotel gives the feel that it's dated and run down, but boy was I surprised when I walked through the doors. The hotel definitely was updated. The check in process may need to be re examined to remove some redundancies, as that process took entirely too long. I would like to first get the negatives out of the way as there aren't very many. We were Placed in a king smoking room although I asked for non smoking. The smoke smell (for a non-smoker) is completely overpowering, I called and was told to stay right where I was and someone would be up with a key to a new room on a new floor. That process took an hour and three additional phone calls. However, the last phone call took my experience from drab to fab. Jessica, the rooms controller hand delivered our new key to our new room. Apologized profusely and offered an upgrade at no cost to us for the inconveniences we incurred. She went above and beyond to make sure our accommodations were suitable and also helped or hestrate a last minute surprise for my boyfriends birthday. She and Nicole were fabulous. Top Notch service all the way!!!

We were initially staying in a spa suite, Which was verrrry nice. The rooms were updated with a hanging flat screen tv, granite, hardwoods, a separate standing shower, soaking tub with flat screen above it as well as a separate water room. We had dinner at the Buffett, which I was not in love with but definitely had a lot of options. There were tons of other restaurants to eat at as well and the sports bar is open for late night dining. The casino was great in comparison to the Hard Rock. It had two floors and there was even a non smoking section. We also went to the pool and rented a cabana which included drinks, chairs, a television and an iPod hookup so that you could play your on music. There was a ginormous tv that showed sports center, I believe. All in all I had a great stay and am actually thinking of returning in July. I will caution that you will probably want to request an updated room, as I actually pressed the wrong floor on the elevator and when the doors opened it was almost as if you were stepping into a time warp. I'd definitely hate to see what those rooms looks like.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashleyf386
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The room was as expected and clean. Maintenance was being performed on the outside walls and windows so our curtains had to stay closed. The pillows were like having none, even with them doubled. I was in a no smoking room and could still smell cigarette smoke in the room at night.

The entire facility was not laid out to be very user friendly. We made numerous wrong turns even after three nights there.

Otherwise, the entire faciltiy was clean and the service provided was good. I don't know but it certainly appeared to have an over abundance of children running around the facility, even in the casino area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I came here to attend a conference . Upon arrival the first person to greet me was the valet. He must have been a supervisor because he called someone over to get my clothes. I did have a large 5ft cooler in the back of my truck. He said if I left it in the truck I would need to sign a release, releasing the hotel in case it was stolen. I understand that but what I did not understand is when I tried to move the cooler to the back of the truck and was obviously struggling with it why the guy stood there and just watched, never once offering to help. Not the first impression I would want my guest greeted with.
The second impression was that of walking through the front door and checking in. It's a free for all smoke fest and it hits you as soon as you walk in the front door. Apparently no place is off limits,except one of the gambling floors and I never saw that place) for smoking and the stench is everywhere. Standing in line at check in as well. The check in process was relatively fast (20 minutes) considering the number of people checking in. They did have at least 6 people working the front desk.
It took another 25 min after I arrived at my room to receive my luggage. The room was clean smelling in spite of the fact people were smoking everywhere .
This place is set up for one thing and that is gambling. There is practically nothing you can get to without having to go through the casino. Our vendor hall was on the 3rd floor and it could not be accessed without going through the casino, nor could the restaurants.
I ate at the High Tide. The soup and salad bar were adequate. For my main entree I had the shrimp and crawfish pasta. Frozen cocktail shrimp in a very weak and tasteless crème sauce. Eatable but not that great. My server was very friendly and attentive.
I would not recommend this place for children under 16. While I was disappointed to see many here I saw no other activities other than the pool for them to do. And the pool was mostly full of adults smoking and drinking. Not what I would want my children around.
If you are on a limited budget, can't afford to go to a real luxury resort, or don't know the difference then this place will suit you just fine. If you are custom to finer hotel's , service, and amenities you will be greatly disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank bnatigcomman
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at IP Casino Resort and Spa. We strive to provide incredible guest service and it seems, this time, we did not. Please accept our sincere apology.

In Valet, it is our policy to get a release signed by the guest if they are leaving valuables in the back of a pickup truck, due to the fact that it is unsecured. Your comments were forwarded to the Valet manager. He has assured me that he will be re-briefing his team members about assisting guests with heavy items.

As for the smoke, we will be upgrading our HVAC system in the casino early next year that will improve air flow and decrease the smell of smoke.

In High Tide, it is with confidence we can say we use the freshest of products to ensure all of our guests an enjoyable visit and a delicious meal. We invite you to call on us again so that we can personally have the opportunity to make your visit an enjoyable one.

Again, we appreciate your feedback that allows us to continually improve our service levels and overall guest satisfaction.

Reviewed June 9, 2012 via mobile

Got lost trying to locate our room, was fun trying to find it tho. Clean rooms, clean establishment period. Well maintained appearance. Had a blast! And the best thing of all was the price! Don't know if it was because we stayed in January or not but the room was extremely well priced!

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank CottonTopsMommy
Reviewed June 9, 2012

hotel elevators smoky,hallway smokey,food prices high,service terrible!!!!!!!!ants in and around pool.no response to complaints,no comps for first timers.island view much better also the beau is very good.prices very good along with service.posted on facebook all agree with me.the IPdown on quality and service.stay somewhere else PEOPLE.treasue bay good choice also.better comps and service at all 3 hotels.they want to keep cust. happy and they care. food great at others along with great prices!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: do not stay at ip
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank celeste p
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at IP Casino Resort and Spa. It appears that we impacted your visit in a negative manner and for that we sincerely apologize. Please understand that the experience described is not indicative of the high standards we hold ourselves to and we would like an opportunity to discuss with you further. Please contact the hotel manager so that we can discuss this personally and have the opportunity to address your concerns.

Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

We were in a non-smoking room but smelled as if someone was smoking in the room with us. Pool area could be nice just over crowded with chairs. No place to walk to get to the chairs. Very overpriced rooms and food. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank LoLoCanGo
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at IP Casino Resort and Spa. Your concerns have been forwarded to the appropriate departments to assist in improving our overall guest service. If you wish to discuss this with the hotel manager, please contact us.