“Fab place but stinky”

Ranked #7 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Tallahassee
“Fab place but stinky”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We are on our way home from a wonderful weekend at the ip and I wish we were still there. It looks great from the moment you walk in. We had a blast watching George Lopez last night. The spa is one of the best I have ever been to. We ate at the carnival de brazil yummy but too much food for us we decided next time we will get just the soup a d salad bar. The Asian place was really good as well. We didnt make it to 32. The pool was super busy and clearly under staffed, we waited for at least 20 min before I went to the bar to order food and drink which turned out to be excellent. Try the crab salad mmmmm. We were on floor 18 and when we got off the elevator I almost died. It smelled like dogs had peed everywhere it was sooo gross. The room was a lot better. We did have a smoking room because we booked late but they said they would do an air clean thing if we wanted but it was good enough, we were at a casino after all. The slots were fun and not to tight. All the staff were amazing. We will be going back for sure.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (452)
Seattle
Reviewed March 25, 2012

In my occasionally humble opinion the IP is the finest casino resort on the Gulf Coast. Let's briefly look at what's led to that conclusion. First of all there are several other locations which are rapidly declining into dumps. The owners simply are not maintaining their properties. The IP not only has achieved a pleasing design and decor but they've done so with the long term plan of maintenance. What's the point of slapping down a faux granite countertop in the bath to impress the patrons if caring for the thing isn't in the budget? The IP has thought through the process and little details like that are obvious in the business approach.

Compared against other possible hotels in the area the IP is excelling on multiple counts. The buffet is far superior to anything else around as are the finer dining options on site. The room set up even beats the Hard Rock which is admittedly pretty dang cool. The furnishing appear fresh as do the linens and in-room amenities. The elevators are spacious, quick and frequent. And the front desk staff is spot on and friendly.
Sorry, Hard Rock. My bucks now stop here.

US
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Reading some of these reviews I think people have stayed at a different IP although I know there is only one in Biloxi. Our visits are always satisfying, fun and without problems. Some of the things people complain about, I cannot believe...

As far as placing a deposit on a credit card, don't all casinos do this? I have also seen people give $100 cash and have it returned to them upon checkout. Check-in is always available prior to the stated check-in time and if by chance the room is not ready, enjoy the casino and they will call you on your cell phone when the room is ready. Have never walked into a room that had not been thoroughly cleaned. I'm glad housekeeping will not let someone into a room without identification. Don't want someone in my room who is not supposed to be there. Many families enjoy bringing their children. There is a children's arcade on the second floor, many in the restaurants and pool area.

As far as our latest visit it was a weekday so the casino was not near as busy as weekends. Were able to check-in early, room had a beautiful view of the bay from the 27th floor, and had been thoroughly cleaned. Also, asked for a late check-out, and no problem. I think only one time we were told, no, and we visit often.

Recently on Thursday, IP has been having a slot tournament (no entry charge), but top 50 people win IP rewards play. We stayed around until Friday afternoon for a scratch off received in the mail. Won a $50 gas card so more than paid for our trip. Had comped meals at the buffet, love their prime rib. Machines paid off well, video poker and various slots. Hated to leave, but we will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a bayview room. Beautiful views from higher floors. Connecting rooms are not as quiet as...
1 Thank nane3
Reviewed March 22, 2012

IP was a fantastic hotel to stay in. We had a a very nice stay. We only had a small glitch with getting hot water in our shower and jacuzzi. The maintanence staff explained the problem to be that the room we stayed in was far away from where the main water heater was and itjust took a while for the water to travel that far.(??) It was ok, though. We just had to let the water run for about ten to fifteen minutes before expecting hot water. I loved the wonderful king size bed and huge flat screen TV. The linens were fabulous. Yes, that is important too! I would definately recommend IP!

Room Tip: Closer to the water heater main!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 22, 2012

We had the worst hotel visit of our lives this weekend. Unfortunately all hotel POLICY has been micromanaged to make our stay as uncomfortable as possible. We were denied access to the pool until my daughter got rid of her small bottle of WATER. Serioulsy? It's our policy, Also No kids in the hot tub! under the age of 15!! Seriously age15? Its our policy. Accidentally walked out of my room, in front of the room service staff,but forgot my card key, Cant let you back in back in, Seriously? Its our policy sir. The IP casino does not want my kids or yours. I wanted to buy a small dessert and had my hotel key and my credit card. You cant but that sir without a photo ID. seriously? Its our policy. All employees will not give you any enjoyment because its the hotel policy. My new policy is stay anywhere except the IP casino and policy resort.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank stlouistravelers34
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed March 22, 2012

It’s too bad they are stopping the Golf Packages. Been to the gulf coast many times and this resort was great. Awesome room, excellent restaurants, great helpful staff…and last but not least pretty loose slots. I give it a 10

Room Tip: The even rooms face the parking Garage
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 35JamesB
arlington,tx
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Had the worse time checking in . I was there 2 check in @ 4P was told room was not ready yet did not get room til 7p ask front desk staff about being comp for dinner since it took we a long time 2 get room was told 2 talk 2 gm about it wow how that 4 good customers services, Lee seem as if he did care if we got room or not.. will never stay there again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family