“Customer service...they have NONE!!!”

IP Casino Resort Spa - Biloxi
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Washington, IA
“Customer service...they have NONE!!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We were traveling thru Biloxi and had previously booked a room thru Priceline. After booking the room I called the hotel directly and requested a non-smoking room due to the fact that I was travleing with my young son who has severe allergies to cigarette smoke. They assured me that it would be no problem giving me a non-smoking room.

We arrived at the hotel at 11:30 p.m. and at check in was told they needed to charge my credit card $100 for a security deposit. I asked if I could leave $100 cash deposit, and the so-called manager told me I either leave a credit card or no room!!! She then informed me since we checked in so late (even after calling at 3p.m. to tell them we would be checking in late) that she had only smoking rooms available!!

I explained to her the situation with my son and her only answer was for us to go and check it and if it wasn't satisfactory that we would have to wait over an hour for them to put an ozone machine in there to try to get it to not smell like smoke.

The room was absolutely filthy, there was used kleenex on the floor and toothpaste still in the sink in the bathroom.

It was after midnight by the time we were checked in and ready to go to sleep and we were woke up at 8:40 by housekeeping pounding on our door to see if they come into clean. Check out is supposedly 11 a.m. When we brought this to their attention at check out we were told that housekeeping starts on the top floors and work their way down, so if you get lucky enough to be on the 32nd floor probably expect a knock around 6 a.m.!!! Since we were on the 18th floor!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rileysmom1026

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
Canton, Georgia
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This was our 2nd trip to the IP Casino Resort and Spa, and honestly each time has just gotten better. A word of advise, get a Players Card so that you can soon receive wonderful room offers and upgrades! Our first experience was mediocre as far as the room, but we did get the least expensive at that time. We were so impressed with the Spa though, that we decided to use the offer that was mailed to us for "Two free nights" for our next trip. We were offered a room upgrade to a Suite for $50 more per night, and I can not even express how well worth the money that upgrade was! We were in a Penthouse room that was beautifully decorated, the bed was luxurious, the jacuzzi tub was amazing, and the TV in the bathroom was a treat while getting ready.
The Spa is one of the best that I have been to, and well worth the daily use fee. They have a co-ed lounge and steam room that my husband and I truly enjoy using in addition to the individual lounges. The Spa is so enjoyable that it truly was the reason that we decided to try the Hotel again, and I am so glad that we did!
The Casino is wonderful, and the drinks are fantastic.
The restaurants are all very good here as well.
The only negative that I found was with a lengthy wait for the Valet upon check out, but it could have just been a busy time of day. They were friendly, as were the entire staff at this Hotel.
We are already booked for our return trip, and looking most forward to a fantastic stay in our Suite once again!

Room Tip: Get a Suite room or Upgrade when you get there. Also the higher floors have a better view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kathy M
Richmond Hill, Georgia
Reviewed March 19, 2012

We just stayed at the IP for 5 nights ((comped)),,,We had a wonderful experience with Frienly staff, super fast check in,,,Standard Comtemporay Room was very comfortable, King Bed was so enjoyable to sleep on!!
Ate at the High Tides ((between my hubby & I we had $30.00 off on comp)) so the bill came out to a "total w/ $30 comp $50.00))) we had the Prime Rib, and salad bar,,,Buffet ((again was comped)),,,Excellent selection of food, desserts to die for!!,,,fast & friendly service,,
Needless to say, we played the machines and played $5.00 Black Jack,,,,,ended up winning..
I want to THANK IP for this 5 night Vacation and 98% of it was mostly allllllllllll comped!!
Cant wait to return!! Thank YOU IP!! I will be back!!

Room Tip: Ask for the new contempory room,,,,Elevators from the 1st to 30th floor............we were given the...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I have stayed at the IP Biloxi several times in the past six months. Each experience has been nothing but exceptional. The beds and linens are very comfortable and the bath is very nice with good amenities. The televisions are large flat screens and the a/c units have always been great. The view from the upper floors are wonderful, especially if you get a view overlooking the Biloxi Bay. The High Tide resturant has a very good selection and the quality and price were extremely good. "32" is a very luxurious resturant on the 32nd floor. The staff is wonderful and the chef has come around each time we have been there to offer us his special creation of the day at no charge. Steaks and seafood are generous in portion and taste is remarkable. Prices are what you would expect for the upscale resturant in the coast casinos. The view is wonderful. The sports bar is lots of fun with the bartenders making you feel like they are your best friends and there is no pressure to drink more and the food is very tasty with a large selection.. We watched a couple of the NFL playoff games there and it was a blast. I have yet to try "Carnival de Brasil" but plan to try it the next time we are there. A great fun place to stay and we won't stay anywhere else on the coast.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Natchez, Mississippi
Reviewed March 10, 2012

On Aug 23, 2012 we checked in to get adjoining rooms to find out they didn't have any after asking the week before over the phone. Then, the first room had a horrible mildew smell and the floor was wet by the wall vent. It had to have been leaking for a week or more to have this odor and yet they gave us this room! I had to call and get a room on another floor away from my daughter and her friends. The next room was nice, but very small. Service was friendly. Bar was packed for ladies night. Very busy fir a Thursday night! So if you like to party, this place is happening on ladies night with free drinks til midnight.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank TeKay22
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Had 1 night free stay at this hotel casino, was very happy with the room , very nice and clean room, love the magnified mirror in the bathroom, bed and pillows were so so. Didn't like the food at the buffet, it was ok, but wouldn't eat there again, unless comped/ deserts were excellent. CASINO played very good for me but not my sister. Good comps here, had free meal, and 2 free nights, well worth it, love this place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Rockford, IL
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Just returned from 2 nights at the IP in Biloxi and it was GREAT. Check-in was easy. Our room - a standard king - was clean and comfortable. We were on the 9th floor and heard very little noise. I was concerned about the smoke smell that seemed to permeate the lobby and casino and even followed you off the elevator 9 floors up but inside the room there wasn't even a sniff. The bed was soft and comfortable, plenty of towels, a nice, strong hair dryer and coffe maker. The room had a mini bar. They should really dump the mini bar and replace with mini-fridges as drinks are free in the casino. We ate at the buffet one night and even though a bit on the expensive side - $22 each - the food was very good and offered a wide selection. And the desert bar - to die for!!!! The casino was good, although they only had 2 $5 blackjack tables, usually with people 3 deep waiting for a spot. Seems to me like they'd make more money by opening up another $5 table or two. We chose the IP based on table games only. I like to play let-it-ride poker and not all casinos have this game.
Played blackjack, let-it-ride and a few slots. The casino staff we encountered were all friendly. All in all, it was a very nice 2 days. Next time we are in the area we will definitely go back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple