1,820 results
All reviewshigh tidecosta cucinasports barfree buffetimperial palaceparking garageplayers cardcasino resortvalet serviceslot machinessmoking roomtable gamesthe room was nicecrab legsa lot of funget awaynew orleans
Reviewed April 27, 2011

accomodations were great as always. The specials that are mailed are a great draw.
Slots are encouraging; I've tried a good assortment of denominations. Poker room wait was no more than 15 minutes. Rooms very clean. Jet tub works great. Only drawback was a large excess of children guests present which discouraged pool access. Spa and facilities were fantastic. Table dealers are friendly and relaxed. 32nd floor dining
was no disappointment. Excellent taste in wines. Great view from restaurant!

Room Tip: jet tub rooms are usually only a little more $
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank hagrob
Reviewed April 25, 2011

If its not broke, don't fix it. We go to the IP in Biloxi 6 days a month. Lately, everything has changed for the worse.
First I know you are cutting back because you are NOT making money but some of your cuts are really ridiculous. There is a lady named Retha who cleans the bathrooms & around the slots. She is excellent & you can definitely know when she is there. I have not seen her on our last 2 visits & you can tell. This last visit was the worst. There were no paper towels, no soap, water all over the countertops, toilets not flushed, paper all over the floor & the smell was awful. Retha never let that happen. If you let her go to save money, you made a terrible mistake. Ladies were complaining so much but may not take the time to write. I will. I let you know when things are good but do the same thing when they are not. It is bad enough that you can't win a thing, yet we keep going back. The slots are so tight, they have got to be programmed not to let you win or very seldom get a little play back.
Second, Combining the Players Club with the Cashiers is a disaster. You will lose customers. I was told you did this because some of the other Casinos did this to cut back. Those Casinos probably didn't have the faithful patrons that you have. When you stand in a long line to get change, write a check or have problems with a voucher that would not be accepted by any of your machines, you have no choice but to go to the main Cashier. The lines are so long now that they back up into the table games & patrons there are none too happy. Lots of the times, the machines that you can cash a voucher, are out of order. I tried 4 & they were not operating. The cashiers on the second floor are seldom there so you are forced to go to the main cashier & endure these long lines of frustrated patrons.We are loyal patrons & can see the drastic changes. You keep adding things to the rooms that are not necessary like candy & junk that no one buys or closet doors instead of curtains on the closets. Not necessary at all.. Whenever we see some of these idiotic "improvements" we know that money was spent unnecessarily so we will definitely not win a thing. We also loved the theater there which we were told would be rebuilt. Another lie. If you told patrons 55 years and older to leave the Casino, you would have to shut down. The theater was a chance to take a couple of hours to enjoy something when the slots were not paying which is all of the time. Then you could go back to the slots. When you spend 2 or 3 days at a time like we do, it breaks the monotony instead of leaving & going back home.
Third-When the NON smoking area was on the third floor, it was great, You could not smell smoke at all. They opened a Non smoking area on the second floor but whomever made that decision must be a smoker. There are 2 sides in the Non smoking area with a wide path from the Parking Garage to the Buffet & Casino which is a smoking area. So, you can still smell the smoke especially when patrons stop to watch what you are doing and puff away while doing so. I have to ask at least 3 people to put out their cigarettes every time I go there because evidentally they can't read. You have to physically point to the signs & tell them that another clue is that there are no ash trays. They don't get it and most smokers who don't care about their health certainly don't care about yours. Dumb planning. It should have been left on the third floor where it was.We have seen so many negative changes but these are just a few. I don't know if it means anything to you but venting means a lot to me. The best thing they ever did was to make the eating places NON Smoking & it never hurt at all. In fact the crowds are larger and you can enjoy your food which is the best on the Coast. I hate to see the Casino go backwards because we love the people, the food & the rooms.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rightclicker
Reviewed April 25, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the IP casino on April 23 for one night. We stayed in a jacuzzi suite. My husband and I love the biloxi area and flew down for one night so we could get away from the Minnesota cold. This is the last weekend I have off until September, and so we flew down April 23, and flew home April 24. We were excited to stay at the IP casino after reading positive reviews on trip advisor.
I was shocked at the just under $300 price tag we paid for a room that was probably work $75, but as I said we wanted a great night, and we wanted to stay at a casino since we wanted to "live it up" a little while at the casino.
First of all, let me just say how disappointed I am at the cocktail service the IP provides. The last time my husband and I stayed in biloxi we stayed at the Hard Rock Casino/Hotel, and when we played at the hard rock, the cocktail waitress was constantly checking on us and getting us refill. At the IP on April 23, the service was almost non-existent. When a cocktail waitress did finally ask if we wanted a drink it took over 30 minutes for her to come back with our drinks and then the drinks were warm and the ice had melted. We finally sat at the bar so we could get drinks when we wanted them...but since the cove doesn't offer the variety of games we like to play, we were quite disappointed and didn't end up gambling nearly as much as we would have on the floor.
After an okay night at the casino, my husband and I retired to our room where we planned to take a jacuzzi. At the time of check in, we had the option of taking a jacuzzi room, or taking a "contemporary" room. We picked the jacuzzi room knowing that although we would have a lower floor, and less updated room, we would be using the jacuzzi.
It took at least 30 minutes to fill the jacuzzi, and once we got settled in, we turned on the jets. They worked for about 30 seconds and then shut off, and wouldn't work again. We tried waiting 20 minutes, and then 40, and an hour but the jets would not come back on.
Also, in the bathroom there was a large layer of dust behind the door that hadn't been cleaned in perhaps months. There was also a large layer of dust on the items on the mini bar, talk about gross.
My husband called down to the front desk at midnight to tell them that the jets would not work in the jacuzzi, and they asked if we wanted a mechanic to come up to the room...that seemed like a bit of a silly option at that time. We sadly went to bed with no jacuzzi.
In the morning, my husband needed a razor, and I called down to ask about getting one. The front desk said someone would be right up with one. After 30 minutes passed I walked down to the front desk, and saw it was very busy, and asked the bell hop if I could get a razor in room 701. He said, to ask the front desk, and I said, well I did over 30 minutes ago and no one has showed up. He then called housekeeping, and about 10 minutes later we did finally get the razor.
When I checked out of the hotel in the morning, I told the front desk worker the problem we had with the jacuzzi. He asked me if I called and reported it. I said, "my husband called at midnight last night." He said he would call to report it and get it fixed right now, and he did do so. He did NOT offer ANY apology. I again told him I was upset the jacuzzi didn't work, that I would have gotten a nicer, cleaner room with a view on the 20th floor had I known it was going to be a problem. He again did not even offer an apology, he just said, "yeah I suppose that's the point of having a jacuzzi."
At that time the front desk worker informed me my total was going to be $296.79. On April 23 when I checked in I was told the total was going to be $291.00. I asked the worker about this and he informed me of the hotel resort fee. I do not mind the hotel charging a resort fee, however, when I checked in on april 23 I was told that the TOTAL was 291.00. I was under the impression the $291.00 already included the hotel fee since he told me that was going to be my TOTAL.
I am very disappointed in the service at the casino, my room, and the front desk service I received on my only day vacation.
I am happy spending $300 on a room that DESERVES that kind of money, but this room did not. It was dirty, and broken, and no one offered me any amenities or apologies.
There are many other casino hotels in biloxi, and I guarantee that my husband and I will be staying with them instead of IP in the future.
What a poor experience I had on my very last weekend off!!
Also, another thing, on the IP casino website, I could find no general email for comments, praises, and complaints. It makes me wonder if you are getting a lot of disgruntled customers.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank waswaq
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We all had a very good time, enjoyed the pool with the kids and we really loved the High Tide restaurant. We have a couple of children with health issues and requested to see the chef, your lady chef I believe her name was Diana came to the table, we explained to her what the kids could and could not have and she produced a wonderful meal for them and for the rest of the crew. Love the salad bar also. You have a very friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2011

Hotel was reserved online with reasonable rates. On arrival, the surprise was a free upgrade to a luxury suite---without even asking for the upgrade!
The suite was amazing and the hotel service was wonderful. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone planning a trip to the MS Gulf Coast.

Room Tip: The website offers excellent rates
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple