“We would recommend this motel to any traveler.”

Econo Lodge Biloxi Beach North
Ranked #25 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“We would recommend this motel to any traveler.”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The housekeeping and maintenance staff are VERY friendly and accomodating. However, the management and office staff are not very friendly or knowledgeable about their job duties, and we witnessed a manager yelling and screaming at the housekeeping and maintenance staff in front of other guests on more than one occasion. The rooms and grounds are clean and very well kept ; the otherwise nice pool needs new grouting on the deck, and the diving board either needs to be replaced or removed. The continental breakfast is very good (could use more fresh fruit). The motel is located across the street from the beach, and is close to many attractions. Overall, we have enjoyed our stay here, and would definitely stay here again. ( But I will definitely have to step in and say something the next time I see the manager humiliating the staff!)

Room Tip: The upstairs of the
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank travellingfool56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Gadsden, Alabama
Reviewed August 13, 2010

For the price we paid for a night in this hotel we could have stayed somewhere else much, much nicer. We both wish we had. Do yourself a favor and only stay here as a last resort. I normally wouldn't say that about a place but I am positive I will not stay here again... it's honestly made me rethink staying with the chain itself after a few bad experiences now. This was, by far, the worst. The next night was spent a little farther away from everything, but for the same price it was a MUCH better experience.

The service was a little slow and there were a few times we had trouble understanding what was asked of us, but overall the staff was very nice and pleasant. Informative about the morning offerings. No real complaints about the staff.

The room, on the other hand, was horrid! We're smokers and did get a smoking room, we understand what we're getting into... the room smelled very musty and closed off. The security latch on the door was busted, leaving jagged metal pieces poking out. The handle was missing from the door to the adjoining room, also leaving jagged metal pieces poking out into the room. I found this out the hard way. There were large black scuff marks from waist-level and down all along the walls. I had to stop looking at the walls at this point.

The beds were hard as rocks. We started out in one bed and had to move to the other halfway through because it was so uncomfortable. The first bed was just generally hard and a bit concave. The second bed wasn't any better. While it wasn't as concave, it was a bit lumpy, while still quite hard. The mattress pad didn't quite fit either, as I was the lucky one to get the short side. I can't say anything at all good about the beds. I don't know that we'd have slept any worse on the floor. Oh, and there's a train that's constantly going by... you really can't hear the traffic from the road, but the train is rather loud. I'm not sure how you're suppose to make those "free local calls" because there was no phone at all in our room. There was a phone book, but no phone.

The air conditioning in the room was probably the best part of the room. It kept everything nice and cold. In fact, I had to step outside just to warm up! Much praise on that working out well! I also enjoyed the view, as it was, from the room. That is always a bonus.

I was a bit upset about the "extras" in the room as well. The mini-fridge was nasty! There was mold growing inside the freezer section! At least we think it was something molding. We found it amusing that the ice bucket wouldn't fit in the freezer, although it's probably a good thing. The fridge in general was not very cold, nor would it seem to get any colder. There was a full-size ironing board in the room, but no iron. There was a coffee pot and coffee to make four cups, but only the accessories to fix/drink one cup!!

The faucets in the bathroom were a task to get turned on. The shower is NOT slip-resistant. The overall cleanliness of the bathroom was a joke. And perhaps this is me being extra picky, but it seemed like to toilet was practically ON the ground. I generally tried to stay out of the bathroom while staying here. On the positive side, there were plenty of towels!

Apparently this hotel is also a popular place for people to just "hang out" at all hours along the walkways/hallways of the hotel. For the most part it's not much of a problem, but they did get a little loud from time to time. The mornings were followed by parents not keeping up with their children and allowing said-children to run wild up and down the halls.

I could go on and on, but this was just NOT an enjoyable place for us to stay. It was close to everything but I'd have much rather stayed somewhere else, and will next time. I wish I could say more good things about this place, but I can't. Take the extra minute and find somewhere else to stay... it can't get much worse!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Treadora

Travelers are raving about these Biloxi hotels

Lafayette
Reviewed July 2, 2009

The lobby was extremely small with very little furniture but a giant flat-screen TV--for who?Middle Eastern woman at desk dressed like she had just rolled ot of bed, very unkempt,extremely rude and unaccomidating. The room was relatively clean, but the beds were very hard ,shower tub was rusted and cracked and , the sink barely drained. There was no iron, no coffee-maker as advertised, and she demanded full pay up front even with credit card on file. They did not have the ground floor room as promised for my handicapped wife, saying"some people stay over" until I complained and threatened to leave. Room then magically available. Continental Breakfast very skimpy on week-end with very limited choices, the same food left out for 3 days, even less on week-days. The breakfast room attendant was very unfriendly. Located across from the beach but with no easy access to the beach. There are other hotels near-by that are just as affordable but much nicer. The only positives were the very friendly and helpful housekeeping attendant and the two younger, well-dressed desk attendants on the night shifts. We have stayed at Econolodges and other "Choice Hotels" all over the country for nice inns at affordable prices. After complaing to Home Office, a very pushy housekeeping emplyee called challenging and contradicting every thing i complained abou--DO NOT STAY HERE--IT"S NOT WORTH THE AGGRAVATION!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank kwyatt
MS
Reviewed May 5, 2009

Apon entering the room, there was a really bad musky odor. I had to spray the whole room with air freshener to get rid of the bad odor. The floor between the dresser and bed was soaking wet. I had to put several towels over the wet carpet.The smoke alarm constantly made a chirping noise. The hair dryer would only work for a few seconds at a time. There was a big unknown nasty looking spot on the shower wall. The lamp switch between the beds would not work right. The pool had alot of dirt and debris in it. In both sides of the pool where the water goes into the pump had something white and disquisting that looked like a diaper in it. The breakfast was lousy with the worst coffee that I have ever tasted. while checking in, I requested to check out at 2:00 which is a benefit of being a choice privileges reward member. I was told that I could check out at 2:00. I received a phone call at 11:20 on the check out day and I was told that I had to check out at 12:00 because they were having a convention and the rooms in the area that I was at was booked. After telling the rude woman that called about all of the problems in the room , she then said that I could check out at 2:00 if I wanted to, but I left at 12:00. The only reason that I stayed at Econo lodge is because it is across from the beach and because of the 2:00 check out. I have stayed there two times before, but this last time is it for me. There are other places that I can stay at if I want to spend the night at the coast . I would not recomend this hotel and I will never never never never never stay at this hotel again. NEVER !!!!!!! And there is not a coffee maker in the room. would it hurt them to buy an $8.00 coffee maker and put it into the room. NEVER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2009
3 Thank babygirl2404
Brunswick
Reviewed April 12, 2004

Housekeeper was very nice and accommodating. Light fixture was fixed very quickly. Over all was a nice stay.

2 Thank Donald214
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 18, 2003

Clean comfortable room. great price, fridge and micro. in room as well.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member