9,162 results
All reviewsbeau rivageterrace cafethe roasted beanfresh flowersm lifecoffee shoplas vegassouthern hospitalityget awaygreat tripslot machinesocean viewtable gamesnew orleansnon smokingthe hard rockjia
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Beautiful rooms, great restaurants, outstanding casino and attentive staff. That's the upside...
Downside: Try to get a room WITHOUT an ajoining room. The door between has no sound insallation. Can hear everything said from next door, and that's with a just normal conversation. Hate to think what it would be like if there was a party going on.
Staff at the the sandwich shop need a little more training. Food served in the wrong order (entree first, soup second) no drinks brought and soup room temperature)
All in all a nice stay though. Especially since we also won some $..

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2011

This was our first trip to Beau Rivage and we found it very nice. We have been to several other casinos mostly in Vegas and there are always pros and cons to visiting casinos. The check in process was very easy---in and out of line in just a couple of minutes. The hotel as a whole is very clean and nice. The main lobby area is full of fresh flowers and the smell is very nice. I had read some other reviews that had mentioned the smell of smoke in the hotel but I found that to really only be the case in the main casino area and I have been in worse before so was not a big suprise to smell smoke in the smoking area of the casino.The rooms were nice, nothing spectacular but very clean and well maintained. We ate at the buffet for breakfast and the food was very good. We avoided the buffet in the evenings because the lines were always very long. Had room service for the most part and even late at night the room service was very quick and the food was good. Service in most other areas was average as far as time was concerned. During the real busy part of the evening in the casino sometimes you had to wait a while to get a drink but again that is pretty common with most casinos. All of the staff members we encountered were very polite and nice. Overall I would say if you are looking for a nice place to get away for a couple of days it is a good choice.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wallison66
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I was extremely impressed with the rooms. I had no knowledge of this place before going there. It was my first trip to a casino. I loved loved loved the bathroom in the room, it had a nice large bathtub for relaxing in as well as a separate shower. The bedding was very soft and clean, but the bed was very firm. I like a softer mattress. The casino was very clean and provided us with much entertainment for the night. The buffet was excellent for breakfast. We also had dinner at the sports bar and the prices were reasonable for the meals.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 20, 2011

A friend and I took a break from the usual hustle and bustle of holiday shoping and stayed the night before Christmas Eve. We checked into our room and quickly changed & freshened up before heading downstairs to eat and go to the show. Our room package came with the complimentary buffet. The lines were riduculously long and we were unable to eat prior to the show even though we had an hour & half timeframe. The Spectacular was a Radio City type production which we enjoyed very much. When the show was over we waited in line again and ending up eating about 10:30 p.m. It was Steak Night, but I was unable to try the steak because each of the two times I attempted I was told it would be 20 minutes before any was ready and then it was "last call". Several of the other items were either nonexistent (creme brulee) or hard as a rock (fried shrimp), I'm assuming due to the late hour. The salad bar was fresh and well stocked and there was a nice assortment of cooked vegetables on the bar. We realized more than halfway through the meal that beer, house wine and some limited cocktails were complimentary with the meal; our hostess & server neglected to inform us. When we returned to our room near midnight we discovered that the shower head was completely broken off of the wall. We had not looked in the shower when we checked into the room. We called maintennce and the young man who came informed it could not be fixed that night. He offered that we could call the front desk and ask for another room, but by this time, after 1 a.m., we were unpacked and exhausted and declined. It would not have been a big incovenience for me since I was able to bathe in the very deep tub. However, my traveling companion could not navigate such a deep tub due to medical issues. We desired not to be woken early because one of our goals of getting a hotel room was the simple luxoury of sleeping late. We did not leave a wake up call so we were suprised by a couple of calls before 7 a.m.; the first was a hang up, the second came within minutes of the first and the caller identified herself as being from maintenance and wanting to send someone to fix the shower. We asked that since we were checking out that morning that they wait until we checked out to fix it. In my opinion, the cleaning staff should have reported the shower head being broken off of the wall and no one should have been put into that room until it had been fixed. When we checked out the following day, Christmas Eve, we were comped lunch buffets for our inconveniences. The entrees and desserts were much fresher at lunch. Unfortuneatly when I asked for Creme Brulee since it was "all out" the night before by the time we got a seat, I was told it was only available at night. It is a lovely hotel with large well equipped rooms, nice shopping opportunities, and well-done entertainment. The food can be good at times. I will return, but I will check out the room very well upon check-in and make every attempt to eat at the buffet earlier.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 19, 2011

My complaint is with their internet service. The website lists high speed internet access as an amenity. THIS IS FALSE AND MISLEADING!!!!! After checking into my room, I learned that the internet access is only available if you have brought special Ethernet connection equipment. The equipment is conveniently available for purchase in the gift shop.

This information should have been prominently displayed on the website or on the reservation information. Or the special cables should have been included in each guest room.

Asking a guest to bring special equipment to access their services is like telling guests that every room has a TV but each guest must bring their own satellite dish with them. Ridiculous!!!

Their solution is to tell guests to use the wifi service in the coffee shop. The coffee shop has almost no available outlets and is very busy all the time. Also it is closed in the evenings when I need it.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business