“Extremely disappointing”

Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 22, 2006

While the hotel LOOKS very nice, it is run very poorly and is a disappointment. It took us 45 minutes to check in, even though there were only two guests ahead of us. When we finally arrived at the front of the line they told us they only had smoking rooms left. We had obviously reserved a non-smoking room, and even called that evening to say that we'd be checking in late and to confirm our room would be ready for us. The clerk said 'you wouldn't want an ocean view room anyway. They are doing construction next door 24 hours a day and its terribly noisy." Obviously their rates should reflect that then. Finally the manager said 'oh HERE'S one' and then gave us what we asked for.

Later in our stay we came back to the room at 9pm and housekeeping was cleaning our room. We called and asked why it took until 9pm to clean our room and we got no answer. Then the gentleman from housekeeping broke our toilet and just ducked out without saying anything or calling anyone. We noticed it right away and went down the hall after him and he just said he didn't speak English.

While we were in the casino we heard several people complaining about the hotel... from the check-in process to the service. No guest appeared to be happy at that point.

Again, the hotel looks very nice, but it is a very disappointing experience and not at all worth the expense. They need to train their staff and managers in customer service before this will be a nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
10  Thank LeftCoast

Reviewed October 21, 2006

My daughter & I have enjoyed the Beau Rivage on several occasions. Our last visit had been a couple of weeks prior to the hurricane. This month we spent 3 nights there and had a wonderful time with these exceptions: The spa was not in working order during our entire stay. The new pillow mattress's, which I am sure are wonderful for most, are not for anyone with back problems. The entire place looks like it has had a major redecoration and is truly beautiful. We had a lovely waterfront room on the 26th. floor. The food served in the buffet was delicious and the waiting lines were not too bad. Only wish the slots had paid off. Nope, not at all.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
11  Thank Pointofview
Reviewed October 16, 2006

Could not have asked for a better place to stay. Excellant service, shows, gambling, and out door sports. Everyone was helpful and curtious. Would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone.
Cant wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2003, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Craley
Reviewed October 7, 2006

Don't get me wrong-- this is a beautiful resort, and most people would probably have a fabulous time here. But I am writing about my experience, not theirs. I found a $99 Sunday night rate on their website and booked it and received a confirmation. I then drove the 2 1/2 hours from Baton Rouge to Biloxi, and went to check in, only to be told that I was not in the system. I told her I had prepaid for the room, but she insisted that I had not. I told her to go ahead and charge my credit card again, but she said that it wouldn't work. She told me I'd need the $115 for the room, plus another $100 cash deposit. I called Visa, and they confirmed that the hotel had charged me for my room. I went and told this to the desk clerk, but was once again denied. She basically told me there was nothing she could do. So, I had to drive another 2 1/2 hours back to Baton Rouge, a totally wasted trip. Sure enough, I checked my online statement when I got home, and I had been charged for the room when I originally booked it. I will not return to Beau Rivage, no matter how nice it is.

Stayed: October 2006
22  Thank ndstrukt
Reviewed October 3, 2006

The Beau Rivage Resort and Casino reopened in late August. The hotel rooms have been updated, with plasma tvs and new bedspreads, drapes and art. The rooms are quite beautiful and clean. The only negative I found was in the bathroom--the tile in the shower needed a good cleaning and possibly regroating. Other than that, everything was spotless. The rooms are larger than most hotel rooms and the bathrooms are huge, with a separate spacious shower with glass doors and a sunken tub. There are double vanities in the bathrooms, and a very large, lighted makeup mirror. There isn't a coffee maker in the room, but they obviously want you out of your room and into the casino as soon as possible!

The rest of the property, including the casino, has also been refurbished. It is really beautifully done, with fresh flowers everywhere. My only complaint about the casino is that you have to walk through the entire casino to get to the non-smoking area, which is not in a separate room. But at least you don't have someone sitting next to you smoking. The slots seemed a little looser than normal--possibly to attract business after being closed for a year?

The food in the buffet is above average quality for buffet food. The breakfast was truly excellent, while dinner was so so. The prices were reasonable. The other restaurants will be opening later this year.

I wasn't able to visit the spa or use the pool, so I can't rate those areas. The staff in every area of the hotel that I used were very friendly and helpful. Overall, I can't wait to go back.

Stayed: September 2006
21  Thank MarieM
Reviewed September 25, 2006

First time at the Beau Rivage (September 20, 2006). Hotel was wonderful.Check in took all of 2 minutes. Really enjoyed the pillow top mattresses, huge bathroom with separate tub. Staff was very helpful and went out of their way to make sure you have a great time. The buffet was delicious, but a little over-priced. The Biloxi area still has a lot of work ahead of them, but Beau Rivage is almost back to 100%. We can not wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
7  Thank casinobound
Reviewed September 25, 2006

Yes, The Beau Rivage is a beautiful property. Yes, the rooms are nice. Yes, the staff is friendly. But, the perception of value is not a match.

I don't know how much their rates fluxuate, but we would have appreciated at least a coffee maker in the room for $250.00 per night.

I wanted to use the treadmill in the beautiful fitness center, but it costs $15.00 (!!!) each time. How absurd - I am not paying $250 per night and then dishing out another $15.00 a day to walk on a treadmill.

The food is good, however it is priced accordingly to resort standards, therefore highly overpriced. We watched and overheard two groups of people leave due to the prices on the breakfast menu. For example - $5.00 for just a side of biscuits and gravy. I ordered a $15.00 omelette and enjoyed every bite, it was very good.

They were kind enough to give us a discount on the last night of our stay because we were stranded due to airline cancellations.

I probably would have enjoyed the resort much more if I felt I had a fair rate on the room. The charge to use a treadmill was the most disappointing for me.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple