“Holiday Romance”

GreenLeadersSilver level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Holiday Romance”
Reviewed May 16, 2006

My husband and I are Las Vegas die-hards. We began by staying at the Golden Nugget when it was the only place Steve Wynn owned. We quickly changed to the Mirage as soon as it was opened...where we've been staying ever since. We travel to Vegas an average of three times a year but have gone as many as 7 times in some years. Although we are within driving distance from Biloxi, we had never visited....that is until Christmas of 2004. We keep thanking each other over and over for the nicest Christmas gift we ever gave each other. We were so thrilled with the hotel ( 2-bathroom petite suite); the ambience ( like a petite Bellagio !); the staff; the casino (small..but well appointed); the restaurants (Christmas dinner at Port House was "Magnifique"); and the over-all restful, romantic comfort we enjoyed.

We returned to the Beau Rivage in April of 2005 for a fun party. We had intended to go again in the fall and to DEFFINATELY be there for either Christmas or New Year Eve, but....as we all know, it wasn't there for us to enjoy.

Our Host, Linda, was at the Treasure Island in Las Vegas this year and has been just as sweet and accomodating there as she was in the South.

We are so looking forward to it's re-opening. And can't wait to make advanced reservations for every trip we can possibly make this year. It's a 10 hour drive for us and worth every mile of it.

Also, how could you not be impressed with a company who takes care of it's employees and it's community the way this corporation has done for the past year. Bravo !

• Stayed December 2004
18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,142)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed May 14, 2006

Went to the Beau on a lark, after our sons BCT Graduation in S.C. Throughly enjoyed ourselves at the pool drinking strawberry dac's. Great food in the restaurants, nice pretty room and won money in the casino! Only got to stay 2 days but it was beautiful, fun and relaxing. This was roughly 2-3 weeks before Katrina. We are so glad we went and got to see historic Biloxi. Cannot wait for you guys to re-open. We will be there!

Stayed August 2005
6 Thank diedrasutton
Austin, TX
Reviewed May 10, 2006

I stayed at the Beau Rivage in December of 2004 while on a business trip. While I loved the Christmas decorations and the beauty of the hotel I did not appreciate the treatment by the staff. The rooms were nicely appointed, but unfortunately, arm chairs were pulled up VERY close to the bed in my room. I woke up in the middle of the night to use the restroom and I broke my toe on one of the chairs. I let management know so that they could tell the housekeeping staff to pull chairs away from beds so this didn't happen to anyone else. I wasn't mad, I wasn't demanding anything, I just wanted to make sure that no one else was injured. A few staff were sent to my room to take an accident report. I was questioned about the incident and asked to write a statment about what happened. While I was writing my statement, one of the staff searched my room (I presume for drugs or alcohol). I felt as if they were treating me like a criminal- they were very rude, unapologetic and condescending. I never received an apology. I travel frequently for business and have never been treated so poorly.

**Every day after breaking my toe I pushed the chairs away from the bed so that I wouldn't hit them again, but the housekeeper kept pulling them back within a few inches of the bed.

• Stayed December 2004, traveled on business
11 Thank HMTX
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2006

Went to this hotel from Florida just about once every two months for the last 5 years. Miss it very much and can't wait for it to open again. Amazing to me that the level of quality never waivered.

Stayed July 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
GILBERTSVILLE
Reviewed January 21, 2006

We celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary just a week before the hurricane. We ate in the Port House for our anniversary dinner with all the fish in the aquarium swimming around us, words can't explain the feelings that we are still feeling... We are very sad still to think that such beautiful place with wonderful people could be destroyed..and our memories are NOW even more special to us.. God bless all of you there .. LOOKING FORWARD TO CELEBRATE SOME MORE HAPPY TIMES THERE again in the future...your in our prayers ALEX & PAT SAULINAS

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank Patricia Saulin... P
Valley City Ohio
Reviewed January 13, 2006

Our hearts go out to all who worked at the Beau Rivage and hope that his wonderful hotel and casino can be rebuilt again. This facility is a jewel among all hotels and casinos along the gulf coast. We have nothing but good memories. Living up north we were charmed by the Beau and all its charm and true southern hospitality. We have traveled to many places but the Beau Rivage was alway a special place to go to. Everything was first class and no matter who you were they made you feel special. I can only hope that this great jewel of the south is reborn.

• Stayed April 2005
5 Thank marylouc407
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2006

A fabulous four day get-a-way for some golfing and gambling! The Beau Rivage was a fantastic location for a number of reasons: 1) excellent restaurants, rooms, facilities, and gaming facilities; 2) great golf courses within 10 minutes of the hotel; and 3) wonderful staff. Why fly to Vegas, when you get so much for much less in Biloxi?
I can't wait to visit the Beau Rivage, and Biloxi, in the very near future.

• Stayed April 2004