9,161 results
All reviewsbeau rivageterrace cafethe roasted beanfresh flowersm lifecoffee shoplas vegassouthern hospitalityget awaygreat tripslot machinesocean viewtable gamesnew orleansnon smokingthe hard rockjia
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We stayed from Sep 5 - 8. The room was clean and had a nice bathroom with a deep tub and separate shower. Water pressure in shower is low. The bed was great - very comfortable and housekeeping was good. There is no coffee pot in the rooms.
The food is expensive here, so we ate most of our meals elsewhere. The Cafe had slow service, mediocre yet pricey food. As well, the price for the buffet was outrageous and the food isn't that great. There are always very long lines to get in, but it wasn't worth the wait. After day one, we walked across the street to Waffle House and got pretty good food fast and cheap.
The slots are so tight you could hear Andrew Jackson scream with every $20 we put in. We got tired of losing so much on the Beau's slots, so we took the free shuttle to Boom Town where the locals play. We had better luck there.
The poker room was so packed that we had to put our names on the waiting list every time we tried to play cards. It took several hours to get on a table. They have mostly no-limit games and only one $4-8 limit table. We were there 4 days, but I was only able to get on a limit table once. We went to Hard Rock and Boom Town to play poker.
It's a pretty property, but we won't stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank beachbum012
Reviewed September 2, 2009

At check in we were upgraded to an ocean side room. We met other retiree Army friends here from Atlanta (we came from Dallas) and our reunion was great! The Hotel is aptly described as a hidden gem along the coast, a beautiful hotel with incredible southern charm. Our room was impeccable. We ate two meals here and one was good and the other very good. The casino was very nice and efficiently run. The staff throughout the hotel were efficient. The flowers in the main lobby were incredible. We visited all the other hotel casino/hotels in the area and I recommend this hotel or the Hard Rock as a first consideration. Waiting times for seating in the restaurants can be frustrating.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mcevers22
Reviewed August 31, 2009

I at the Beau right now and so far I am having a really great time...The slots are a tad tight but if you pick a good machine you could win lots! My husband and I played for 2 days and was down. Today I sat down at a slot and won all of it back so you never know!...The rooms are very nice. The remind me of the bellagio alot. I mean I think the bellagio is a 5 and the Beau is a 4 but very similar. They are def clean though. The pool is awesome! The shops around the hotel are also very nice. Its definatly a great hotel. As far as food I havent really tried much except the 24hr restaurant (which was OK) and snacks (which I love). We will be doing the buffet tonight. Went to the Hard Rock last night and I am not sure what all the hype is about. I like the Beau better. Service over here is hit or miss. Some are moody and some are extremely nice so thats that. All in all you will not be sorry you came. We are having a great time!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SoInLoVe1899
Reviewed August 21, 2009

My girlfriend and I decided to come a visit some friends living in Biloxi for the weekend so we booked a room at the Beau. The room was spacious, had a walk in shower, and a flat screen TV. But, the design was very boring, it was dirty (grim on bathroom sink), and the door lock reader was giving me some difficulty. Not what I would expect from a place that has the reputation the Beau has.

The buffet there was disgusting; all four of us that ate there and three of us had stomach cramps within 2 hours after eating. I had to go and buy some Pepto and Rolaids after eating there. The selection was not all that great either. I cannot believe I payed 24.00 for this slop.

So after clearing up our stomach issues, the four of us hit the gaming floor. I sit down to play a game of blackjack. We begin the game with me having a 14 and the dealer's face up card being a 10. The machine tells the dealer there is an ACE face down meaning they had blackjack. The dealer flips up the card and another 10 is there. The manager, too busy doing paperwork, tells the dealer to play on instead of giving me my money back as they should have since the machine malfunctioned. I ended up losing the hand as I busted on a 23.

So, basically, I got cheated. I will never place at this place again and if you are smart, neither will you. I don't recommend the buffet or playing here as the slots are tight as heck. You're better off heading next door to the Hard Rock if you want better odds.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank guymasters
Reviewed August 21, 2009

The rooms are large & comfortable. The public areas are beautiful with the fresh flowers. The small gift shops are 24 hours & are just packed with good things for such small spaces. One of the best breakfast buffets I have ever seen. Staff is friendly & helpful. Slots are a little tight, but I suppose it's the economy. The only thing I didn't like was the Terrace Cafe. Overpriced compared to the buffet. The night I was there the guy handling the front desk was specializing in ignoring customers. There were all kinds of empty tables, but they decided they would let me sit near the window & it took a long time to get someone to clean the table.

• Stayed: August 2009