9,177 results
All reviewsbeau rivageterrace cafethe roasted beanfresh flowersm lifecoffee shoplas vegassouthern hospitalityget awaygreat tripslot machinesocean viewtable gamesnew orleansnon smokingthe hard rockjia
Reviewed August 4, 2004

We stayed at the Beau Rivage the last week of July, 2004. We flew into New Orleans and drove to Biloxi (a little less than 2 hrs). Having a car was beneficial - Biloxi does not have cabs waiting like Las Vegas. We were able to drive up and down the coast, going as far as Pensacola, FL in 2.5 hrs. The Biloxi beach area is very shallow and calm, so that was the closest area for blue water and waves.
Beau Rivage is stunning. It looks similar to Bellagio in Las Vegas, albeit on a much smaller scale. The lobby and grounds are magnificent. There is a yacht marina just off the casino doors. There is a nice shopping promenade with an arcade, coffee bistro and ice cream shop off the lobby. The casino is one large room, but seems to hold smoke (maybe due to the low ceiling). We gagged a bit walking into the room each day, but it wore off quickly. There is a large selection of slot machines. Some are "old style" and don't have ticket service. Those also seem to be a little "looser" than others. We won enough to keep playing without putting money in all the time (and then lost it at the tables). The dealers were great on some nights and not good at all on others, so you have to take your chance with them. I didn't see very many big winners, but I saw lots of people with several hundred credits (I was one of them on many occasions). One warning - the average age here is probably 65 or so. Not bad, but they all stand in line for the buffet and the slot club line. I never did get a pin for my "free play", which is the slot promotional comp they offer. We did visit the table games host and have all our meals comped, so I have nothing to complain about.
The rooms were great. Nice big bed and triple sheets. Could use more pillows. We stopped by Walmart and bought two $5 pillows to have in the car and used them in the room, too. The bathroom was great (separate shower and tub), and after my husband's tip the first day, the housekeeping service brought us extra nice toiletries for the rest of the stay. The lighted makeup mirror came in handy. Our only complaint is that the air conditioner never got below 70, even on high.
The food at Beau Rivage was good, but not the best we've had, maybe it was just our choices. We enjoyed Le Jardin (coffee shop) the most and ate breakfast there every day (wonderful pancakes), but the Italian gourmet restaurant, La Cucina, didn't live up to hype. It looked like a Macaroni grill or Maggiano's chain, but it was expensive and almost every on the menu was seafood - not what you'd expect at an Italian restaurant. I did have a good veal manicotti and my husband settled for a good filet mignon, but we were hoping for great, fresh pasta dishes.
Memphis Q was not stellar, but certainly not bad - my husband enjoyed the onion soup with a pork base (and huge chunks of pork inside) but the taste got old quickly. My blue cheese wedge salad was wonderful, but the ribs had a cloyingly sweet-but-vinegar-sour BBQ sauce that overpowered all other tastes. The sliced beef was not up to par either. The coffee bistro was good, but the ice cream parlor served freezer-burned ice cream and it was apparent by all the almost full abandoned servings on the tables that many people had the same opinion.
Never the less, we really enjoyed our stay. We drove to the beaches during the day and hit the casino at night. The front desk, valet and housekeeping staff was great, and it was never very crowded, even on Friday night. We heard wonderful things about the show, Red Dream, but didn't find time to go. If they send us a good deal on rooms, we'll certainly find a way to come back soon.

12  Thank Tammy P
Reviewed August 1, 2004

The Beau Rivage is so beyond fabulous - the food is outstanding, the staff is incredible, and the whole place is just wonderful. We never even went to the casino!

We booked a suite on the 28th floor, with a connecting room for our children. The view was truly magnificent. Our kids loved the pool. The entire staff is so nice we felt like we were at Disneyworld!!!

If you ever find yourself anywhere near Biloxi, call the Beau Rivage immediately and book a room!

2  Thank TexasTandE
Reviewed July 28, 2004

Since I haven't been to a Las Vegas casino, I hesitate to give this a 5 - just have no basis to compare against the best. Some have mentioned low "comps"... though not a huge gambler, I'm familiar with and I agree, they are hard to come by. However, with the exception of that and experiencing extremely tight slot machines, the place should be a model for all other hotels in terms of cleanliness, room size, customer service and amenities. I've been to some really nice hotels but the bathroom in this was larger than I've ever seen - all tiled in marble. When we purposely left our "Privacy Please" sign on the door all day, the Front Desk actually called at 9 PM to ask if that was a mistake and did we want our room cleaned at that moment. That is a sign of an excellently mananged business with an excellent communication system between employees. If employees are treated like the guests (assuming darn close), no wonder the rooms are service are so good. With a very high volume of guests coming/going each day, security was tight enough to keep things well under control in the casino and hotel floors. So, if you want a superb hotel, with a great view of the gulf, especially if you want to enjoy the expansive pool deck, I'd recommend it providing that walking away with slot machine winnings are somewhat secondary.

3  Thank Daydream10227
Reviewed July 26, 2004

Our recent stay at the Beau Rivage was a memorable experience. Everything was beautifully managed, the staff were without exception charming and helpful. Our room was extremely comfortable and generously proportioned, the restaurants amongst the best we have encountered both in the U.S. and europe.
We urge visitors to try the breakfast buffet, surely the best ever in value, quality, and sheer diversity of food available. Quite amazing. Having now discovered the true meaning of "southern hospitality" these two Brits will return - and soon!

1  Thank Adventurer9121
Reviewed July 7, 2004

Have been to the coast MANY times over the last few years... have stayed at the Beau Rivage, Grand Casino, Biloxi and Casino Magic in Bay St. Louis.

Each of these SUPER hotels have much to offer.
The shows at the BEAU RIVAGE are the greatest...!! can not say enough!

The Grand Casino in Biloxi famous for their great buffet, also love the swimming area for the grandkids!!

Casino Magic in Bay St. Louis, great buffet, great shows, and super special welcome from the staff!!

I would recommend to anyone who may be planning a trip... YOU can not go wrong staying at these three CLEAN, NICE, RELAXING places..!!

2  Thank Odyssey14005