“Southern Charm and Elegance”

Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We visited the Biloxi area last week for the first time since the hurricaine. We were there once before for the month of February in 2005 and fell in love with the area. We stayed at the Beau Rivage for 5 nights and loved every minute of it. Check in was easy. No lines or problems. Our non smoking room was ready so we went up and waited for the Bellman to bring our luggage. He was there within 5 minutes and a very pleasant fellow I might add. The room was clean and well appointed. The bathroom was also very clean and spacious. We found the shower to be delightful. The only negative I found with the room was that there was no refrigerator or coffee maker. I called housekeeping every morning to request fresh bed linens and found the staff to be friendly and accomodating. Had coffee and a bite to eat each morning at the Roasted Bean. Best coffee I have had in a very long time. The bengiets were yummy too. The lobby of the hotel was all dressed up for Easter with displays of bunny rabbits and flowers. It was gorgeous! Didn't try the buffet since the lines were too long for my liking. Enjoyed the video poker bar but the bartenders were awful. I have never felt so ignored in my life. You literally had to flag them down to get a drink. The casino was large with lots of slots and table games. Was able to find all of my favorites.
The pool was absolutely beautiful. Felt bad we couldn't use it due to the cool temps. but we had a birds eye view of it from our room. Every morning we would see staff out there cleaning and maintaining the area. It was very well cared for.
Also want to mention the outstanding service we received from the valet staff.
Overall the service and amenitites of the hotel was very good and I would definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: Get an oceanview room on a high floor. Breathtaking!
1  Thank MommaBurger
Write a ReviewReviews (7,947)

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We were not very happy with the way we were treated. front deck clerk didnt really act like she wanted to be there. The buffet was not that great the service in the buffet was really bad. The parking deck was half blocked off and we had to park on the far side and drag our stuff. The rooms were the same as they were 10 years ago. its 15 years old and no changes or updates, Along with the same rude unpleasent staff from 10 years ago the last time i stayed there. We will be staying at the hard rock.. they seem to act like they give a crap.

1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I love this hotel! It's beautiful, clean and has wonderful resturants. The Players club is very generous too. We played the first night we were there and had a free meal. The cocktail waitresses were more attentive than any other casino I've ever been too.

1  Thank attagirl1490
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been going to the Beau Rivage pretty frequently since a couple of friends and me took a Road Trip there after Katrina, and I love the atmosphere, the bit of class it offers, and the feeling of total safety in the Casino and the Hotel as well. It is bright and cheery as you enter and it is ALWAYS clean and fresh smelling throughout, with fresh flowers, and beautiful themed scenery like the Easter Bunnies and eggs on display now ...as I have just been again! It is also easy to find your way around and all the employees are so helpful and accomodating. It is a breath of fresh air and I go every opportunity that's convenient for me. Also the Casino is well lit and the floors are bright and clean...it is just plain nice! OH..and the pool is real nice too.

Room Tip: I usually ask for a room near the elevators as my friends split up and that way each can find the ro...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank LilLoiA
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We just returned from a 3 day visit at the Beau. We were very disappointed when we checked into our room. Upon entering the room we noticed the bedspread was "rumpled". Looked like someone had been laying on it. The bedspread was also very worn and frayed in several places. The pressur in the shower was HORRIBLE! It had an adjustable knob on the head and when you turned it, the water just dripplex out. Also all the fixtures were very worn looking. We have stayed at the Beau many times. We haven't been there in a couple of years and I was shocked at how the hotel has besn allowed to become in such disrepair. Also there was NO WiFi at all. I called the desk and they gave me their WiFi "name" but after continued attempts with our Ipads and Iphones we were still unable to check our email unless we left the building. We told the lady at the front desk our concerns, but she just looked at us and when I asked if we could change rooms, she said "no".
This is a beautiful place outside, and used to be very nice inside, but housekeeping and maintenance needs to be addressed or people will stop coming there.

Room Tip: Don't go there.
1  Thank Joyce M
Reviewed March 27, 2013

No one answered the phone at front desk ever and they failed to bring us our breakfast for room service. Had to walk thru smokers to get to the elevators to go to our room and to eat at buffet. Lines too long for buffet all the time
Would suggest anyone with respiratory issues to stay somewhere else

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Beehappytoday
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We always look forward to visiting the Beau. We actually enjoy the Beau more than Vegas. The staff at the Beau are very friendly and responsive. As for the hotel we have never had anything to complain about. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable - it is even nicer now that the hotel in NO SMOKING. Try the Beau you will like it!,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family