“Would be 5 stars, except for "The Buffet"....”

Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at the "Beau" many times....This visit, we were invited guests on a charter from St. Pete, FL. Everything went smoothly...the flight, the transportation to the hotel, the check-in packet (we didn't have to wait in a line - just given our room key and info upon arrival). The room was on the 17th floor facing the Gulf. I had requested a quiet room away from the elevator and was accommodated. We had a great view - the room was spotless, the bed extremely comfortable. I requested early service to the room each day, so our room was the first cleaned - Staff VERY helpful and friendly. The lobby area was decorated for Christmas, and was breathtaking! The casino itself is quite smoky (what casino isn't?) but has a great selection of machines, and good payback. Also a great Player's Club. We went to "Snacks" for lunch, and it was very good. BUT.....what has happened to "the Buffet"? Luckily, I had earned enough points so our meal there was "comped". Because I would have asked for my money back! This used to be one of the best casino buffets anywhere! The choices were limited, food lukewarm at best, buffet staff seemed bored - empty trays, or trays almost empty. No crab legs - shrimp that were limp and soggy (and this is the Gulf Coast?). My dinner consisted of a bowl of salad and a piece of lukewarm, soggy pizza. Waited a few minutes to find someone to give me a cup of ice cream (used to be able to do this yourself). This is just unacceptable for such a great property! Everything else is top-shelf, so why is the Buffet so awful??? The food and beverage crew really need to take a look at this situation. We would still go back to the Beau, but would definitely not return to the Buffet.

Room Tip: We always ask for a higher floor away from the elevators. However, have never had a noisy room when...

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We went to Beau Rivage for the Christmas Holidays. The hotel was beautifully decorated and had a festive flair. The holiday on ice show was very entertaining and enjoyable. We have been here many times over the past 5 years and have always enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The service is top notch. The food was excellent. The theater has great seating. There isn't a bad seat. The variety of games seem endless. Although I'm not a table gambler, I saw that they looked spacious and well supported with friendly staff. I had a wonderful time and am looking forward to going back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We always stay at the Beau Rivage when going to Biloxi, the hotel staff is always attentative and friendly. The rooms are clean. The casino has a large selection of games and tables. The Hotel is located right off the interstate. The buffett is always a favorite place to eat for us when we are staying there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jessica R, Social Media Specialist at Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your positive experience at Beau Rivage! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have reviewed the Beau Rivage in the past, and continue to have mixed feelings about the place we once loved to visit. I can only speak for our experience, but up until late 2008 the Beau Rivage was our only destination in Biloxi. The suites are beautiful, the food really good, and the slot machines were worth the visit. It remains a beautiful place, but the slot machines are not what they once were.

Any gambler knows I mean: You don't win as much at the slots as in the past. There has been some improvement in that area since 2008, but I notice not only the machines I am playing - but others as well to see how many jackpots are being paid around the casino.

My husband and I visited the Beau Rivage while in Biloxi (staying at the IP) and played $5 slots for 2+ hours. We lost the money we took there to spend, and left.

2  Thank Joypc1
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I had a great experience. Came by bus from airport on an MGM charter. Very first class trip. Ate dinner at Terrace Cafe, food was very good and priced like most hotel restaurants. Used player card for blackjack and slots, only had to buy one meal. Room was large and very clean. The only draw back to the room was it did not have HDTV. The water pressure in the shower and the separate tub was outstanding.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great getaway location on the waterfront/beachfront. A Vegas experience with Southern hospitality. Excellent restaurants. Well trained, professional, personable and friendly staff. The steakhouse is as good as you will find in New York, Chicago, Kansas City or Dallas. The steakhouse bar is extremely well stocked with a wide selection of whatever you please in a wide range of aged spirits.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo