“For the price, thought it could be better”

Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on our honeymoon just for one night. The room was nothing special. Comfortable bed. Nice size bathroom.
Thought for the price, it would have been better.

The breakfast Buffe was nice.
Lots of michiens to play. The lobby is beautiful and lots of shops. It's s good family place

All in all it was OK

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank PeggWindham
There are newer reviews for Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Within moments of walking in the BR, I felt the electricity in the air! Nice casino with nice shops, great coffee shop. From the moment that Tony N. greeted me and did an excellent job of checking me in, I knew this was'nt going to be the typical business trip! Great experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a "corner room"
1  Thank jarrod l
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed for three nights at the Beau Rivage this month. The resort is beautiful, and the service is excellent. We had a gorgeous view of the pool area and the river from our 5th floor room. The beds were most comfortable, and I slept like a baby every night. The bathrooms are spacious and luxurious. We had free Wi-fi and a nice, small work area in the room. One of the things I was most pleased with was the cost per night. We paid under $100 before tax for the first night. The cost went up after the first night, but was still reasonable for a resort stay.

The only two qualms I had were that the pool area and spa both closed very early (8:00pm and 7:00pm respectively). Because I was there on business, I only got to enjoy the pool area for one of the three days, and never got to get into the spa. When I went to the spa on our last evening there, I saw that it was closed. I was very disappointed. I had heard others rave about the spa on the elevator, and had been looking forward to getting in there after finishing with the work I had to do. I heard that there is a steam room and sauna in the spa, as well as numerous fitness machines. I only got to walk past and look through the glass of the locked facility.

We were, however, able to sit outside after 8pm in the pool area where it was warm (it was cold in the hallways of the hotel), though we could not get into the water. Food and drinks were also served at the pool area before closing time.

I would like to reiterate the satisfactory service. Everyone from the front desk employees to the pool area attendant and housekeepers were wonderful and friendly. I am not a gambler, the but casino is huge, and lots of others seemed to enjoy it. Various employees are stationed on the floor outside the casino and restaurants, at your service for any questions. We used their services many times to find our way around.

We ate at the Terrace Cafe and also another cafe on the ground floor. There were many other restaurants in the hotel that catered to various tastes. Naturally, the restaurants were pricey, but the food was good. I highly recommend the pecan sticky bun at the cafe. The coffee is superb, and I am not a coffee drinker. In addition, there are many other shops inside the hotel, including a $10 shop, and of course, upscale clothing shops. The clothing and footwear I saw in these shops are extraordinarily nice. I saw a fabulous pair of women's $700 boots that a business partner had already checked out and quoted me the price on when I spotted and commented on them from outside the store.

The decor throughout the hotel is gorgeous. Fresh flowers and plants deck the halls, and the carpeting is nice and well maintained.

This was my first time in Biloxi, though not my first time in Mississippi. The place is very nice. The weather was in the 80s and generally very comfortable. Palm trees grow there, and add to the beauty of the town. There is a beach nearby, and also a Beachcomber trolley that costs $1.25. They also have a Casino Hopper you can catch for the same price, and a public bus for the same cost. It is a small town with nice, friendly people. Nearby the Beau Rivage, in walking distance, you can find a Hard Rock Cafe (we went there once to eat), and a Waffle House for those who don't mind eating in a diner. We went out to see the city a bit, using the public transit. Taxis are far too pricey to get anywhere, in my opinion. It cost about $40 one way from the airport, and about the same cost to get to the nearest drugstore.

I would definitely return again, and highly recommend the Beau Rivage as a couple's getaway.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a nice view out to the water, if you care about that. One of our business pa...
1  Thank LivingIsTraveling
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I'll start by saying I dislike casinos and was here to run a workshop. This is about the only hotel with conference rooms in the area. For the meeting, he conference room was nice, service was good and the food was fine. The Azalea room has a door out to a balcony that overlooks the pool area.

As other have said, this place is designed to be a captive environment. As someone who prefers to sit on a terrace or beach overlooking the water, it was hard to find a place to do that, had to leave the hotel and walk along the beach boulevard a few blocks.

The hotel room was comfortable and roomy with a separate shower and roomy bathtub. Bed was too soft and squishy for me. There was no refrigerator or mini bar in the room. As others have said, the main complaint is the thin walls. My next door neighbor ran a bath at 10pm and it sounded like someone was running a vacuum inside my room. It was really loud and I'm thankful I bring earplugs when I travel - I strongly recommend earplugs if you stay here.

My room was nonsmoking and the floor didn't smell too much like smoke, although one evening as I walked to the elevator is smelled like 20 people were smoking all at once, the smell in the hallway was choking. The whole place is hermetically sealed with no balconies or other places to get fresh air. Other than the pool area and the driveway outside the front door, there is no place to sit outside and view the gulf. Even in the pool area you have to walk around the pool, past some planters and then across an expanse before getting to the railing where you can lean over to see the shore, as the hotel goes right up to the coastline. As I am not a fan of casinos I would not go here, but if you are, it had decent rooms, good service, average food at best and you should definitely bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs.
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We just returned from a great bus trip to gamble at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi, MS. The Casino hotel is one of the prettiest I have been to. I have gone to Vegas & Atlantic City numerous times but the Beau is the best. The people can't welcome you enough and are constantly thanking you for coming. The atmoshere in the restaurants is amazing! The staff are so helpful and friendly. We will make this trip again!

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel. We have stayed 3 times in different rooms and al...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vmriley
Reviewed September 19, 2012

First of all, let's be up front...this IS definitely a casino hotel, and everything is designed to have you stay "on site" as much as possible, and making sure you spend on everything while there!

Having said that, strictly as a hotel, the rooms are extremley comfortable and roomy, and definitely make for a nice stay.

I'm not a casino-goer at all (nothing at all against gambling, it's just not "my thing"); however, this was the "official" hotel for a work meeting, so I stayed here three nights for work.

I had a king-size no-smoking room, on the west wing with a partial view of the Gulf on a mid-floor. The large windows in the room make for an excellent viewing site, especially of the water, and adds a lot to the room. The bathroom was large for a hotel, with a seprate glass shower and large/deep bath tup. There was also amble desk space with a chair, two large sitting chairs, a small table, two end tables, and a dresser with about a 30-inch LCD TV. All very nice, and definitely a great value for the group rate we got. There as also "wired" and "wireless" internet avaialble in the rooms; I tend to like "wired" connections when avaialble due to reliability; in this instance, the internet connection was extremeley fast; something unusual I find for hotels.

Now, for me, the most important part....the bed...........I do have to say, the bed and pillows were fantastic, and I had three of the better nights of sleep I've had recently in hotels! There were two large pillows provided on the king-sized bed, with two smaller extra pillows in the closet. The pillows were neither too soft or too hard; they were very comfortable regardless of sleeping positions. The mattresss seemed excellent; I don't know if it was the mattress itself or a "mattress topper", but there was enough give to relax in the bed, but provided excellent support. I was quite pleased with the sleeping accomodations!!

The two biggest knocks I have on the rooms themselves was the lack of a coffeemaker in the room, and the lack of a small refrigerator. Again, I understand that this was a casino hotel, and this was by design in order to encourage guests to spend more money on coffee and food downstairs, but it was disappointing from a business trip perspective.

Some added bonuses of the property were a very nice pool area, and a fantastic deck area three stories above the gulf, with unparalleled views...very, very nice!!!

Note that there's not much within immediate walking distance; I don't think this is the fault of facility; the recovery of the area from Katrina is still definitely in progress. One thing to note is that there is a gas station convenience store right across the street, with a much better value for convenience items (such as soft drinks, snacks, etc.) than at the hotel or vending machines.

As a conference facility, the biggest "knock" I have is that there is no choice but to go from the hotel elevators, through the gambling floor (complete with smoking and all of those associated odors), and up another floor to get to the conference facilities. Again, I understand, it's a casino first and foremost, so the design intent is certainly to get you to the gaming floor, but just a fair "heads up"! The meeting rooms and accoomodations, and the food for the meetings was very good, though.

All in all, from strictly a business hotel stay, I liked the accomodations very much, and would certainly consider staying here again if ever back in the area.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

The check in was smooth as silk.We were assigned a room on the 14th floor with a Gulf and pool view. There was heavy smoke from the casino but, that is expected. It is a very beautiful hotel.The room and the bathroom were very large . the bathroom was very well done. The shower pressure was the best I've ever experienced. The bed linens should be replaced. I am not sure what hotels can do about the nicks on the furniture. Room service prices were very reasonable and the food was absolutely delicious. The mattresses were lumpy and it felt like you would roll off to bed. But ,I must admit I had a wonderful night's sleep. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose an upper floor in the middle of the hotel with a pool/gulf view.