“Beau Rivage Provides Nice Escape”

Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The Beau Rivage in Biloxi provides a great escape. Pay the extra bucks and get a room with a view of the gulf and pool. It's a fantastic view! The pool area is outstanding. Within in just one night's stay, we lounged at the pool, saw Fata Morgana, gambled in the casino (and did quite well) and ate at the buffett. The shopping promenade is nice as well. Check it out. The only negative aspect would be that the carpet was still wet from being cleaned prior to our check in. It took a while to dry.

Room Tip: Pay the few extra bucks and get a room with a view of the gulf.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 25, 2012

We didn't have reservations but was welcomed while we were passing through Biloxi. We enjoyed the first night so much, we decided to stay one more night. Everyone was very pleasant. We never tried the buffet because my husband is not fond of buffets. We ate at the Terrace Cafe twice. Once for dinner which went fine and the food was good. The second time was for lunch, we waited 40 minutes for our server to take our order and we waited another 30 minutes for the food to arrive only for our order to be messed up. I believe they were understaffed. The pool area was very nice and the bartenders at the pool bar were quite entertaining. We did do some gambling, not a lot. Did fairly well. We will come back.!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

8-23-2012 Just stayed at the Beau. Had a beautiful room, service was great. Casino was very tight.

Food at the breakfast buffet was great especially since it was BOGO.

The Terrace Cafe is a different story. The restaurant was DIRTY, had to clean off my chair before I could sit. Food all over the floor, table dirty, windows dirty. Told the manager, he slightly apoligized and walked away. Other people were complaining, he took some pictures. We were there at 7 in the morning, night crew had plenty of time to clean.

If the Beau out sources their cleaning I suggest they consider hiring their own people because the guest rooms were spotless. If they don't out source I suggest they get a new cleaning crew.

Prices were high for breakfast, (10.99) portion large. Cut the price, reduce the portion or offer two sizes.
Would not eat here again.

1  Thank FLSunshine34473
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Prior to hurricane Katrina, the Beau Rivage was owned by Wynn who created the Mirage,
Treasure Island and went on to develop many other properties in Las Vegas. It was a magnificent place. Now, it is a nice place. We spent two nights at the "Beau" in mid August. These nights were comped so I shouldn't complain too much. Actually, our room on the 6th floor with a city view had a very comfortable king bed. The room has all the amenities one would want except a coffee maker, which in our case is extremely important. On the other hand, they have free internet which matches most casino hotels with the exception of Harrah's who charges.. We previously spent two nights back in late May and were assigned to a bay view room on a much higher floor, much closer to the elevator. This time our room was a mile and a half from the elevator (exaggeration), but it felt like that. We're a couple in our late sixty's and I would recommend that you ask for something close to the elevator, which we did, but didn't get.

The rooms are due for an update since it has been more than several years since Katrina in 2005, but I'm not sure when the Beau reopened. The rooms just seem somewhat dated since
they still have a bedspread, although the blanket was covered by a double sheet.

I won't attempt to talk about the casino which is probably the tightest in Biloxi aside from
Harrah's, but not alot of fun.

Of course, we will go back if offered another "free" room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the elevator with a bay view
1  Thank garypcsc
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Booked a night here to see Duran Duran at the Hard Rock as part of my husband's birthday. The reason I gave it 3 circles instead of 2, is that I recognize that I am not a "casino person."

What I liked:
1) Front desk was very nice.
2) Excellent (albeit overpriced) Italian restaurant.
3) Imaculate and decadent bathroom.

What I didn't like:
1) I had to go through a noisy Casino to get to a good restaurant and I didn't like the noise, smoke, etc. I am aware that this is to be expected from a casino, but I was still surprised at the amount of sensory overload. Hence the 3 circles.
2) When we got in bed later that night (after we both washed the cigarette smell off) the bedspead and pillows smelled like stale cigarette smoke. Also, clothes that we did not take out of the suitcase until we got back home smelled like cigarettes. We had been given a supposedly nonsmoking room.
3) The place is more geared to returning guests not new ones. The "regulars" were clearly aware of certain procedures (e.g. beepers for the retaurant.)
4) There are lines for everything. Very uncivilized.
5) The staff in one of the restaurants let us stand in line for 20 minutes (we were ahead of the line - there were plenty of empty tables, so we just assumed that we needed to wait to be seated, because they were busy. We were no more than 6 feet from whoever was at the front desk of the restaurant. When someone else (a regular) walked to the head of the line and took a beeper the woman at the front desk continued not to acknowledge the line which had gotten quite long behind us, I was furious. I have never been treated so rudely in a hotel restaurant in my life.
6) Everything in this hotel is way to expensive for what you get.

1  Thank arabellafigg
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Went here to see the Fata Morgana Show in the Beau Rivage Theatre. The show was great as is the Theatre. The seats are supper comfortable, the Theatre holds 1500 people so it's not massive. Nicely lite a great place to visit would go again.

After the show we went to the Buffet, not a good idea. We paid $21.95 for an Asian Buffet, the only problem was the Asian part was in the other Dining Room tucked in the bar area, I didn't find it, until we were leaving. The food was mediocre at best. I really don't know if I had pot roast or prime rib couldn't tell, the meat loaf was just plain sorry. Don't even try to get the ice cream, the woman who puts it in the glass for you was very unpleasant, she surely didn't give you the idea that she likes her job. The Dining Room was designed by Hulk Hogan, you needed him just to move your chair let alone the glass you were served water in, and you weren't going to heist the flatware either. You could realllly do some damage to someone just by hitting them over the head with the knife handle. These items were built to last, not user friendly. The lighting in the room was great for an intimate evening out, not a large Buffet Dining Room.

2  Thank connie391
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a great experience at Beau Rivage! The casino was nice and the rooms were fabulous! Everything was very clean. We ordered room service which was good and arrived quickly. The coffee shop and bagels were GREAT! The buffet was AWESOME!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple