“Spring Break Getaway”

Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I have been traveling to the Beau since after Hurricane Katrina. My teenage daughter recently visted the hotel March 31st-April 4th. Our stay at the Beau was wonderful from the time we arrived to the time we left. We arrived at the Beau around 1:30pm and we were immediately assigned a room on the 11th floor with an Ocean View. The front desk associate was very corteous and professional the room was exceptionally clean. The food at the Buffett was descent and the Terrace was very good. I would like to commend the housekeeping staff at the Beau for cleaning my room daily and they all were very pleasent. The casino was wonderful. I'm a slot player and hit evey night on the nickels, quarters, and dollar machine. Needless to say I was able to make a nice deposit when I returned to Atlanta. My daughter enjoyed the arcarde and Scoops daily and the Roasted Bean was wonderful as usual. I know a lot of people complain of everything being so expensive at the Beau but it's worth the price your on vacation and it's ok to splurge knowing that you are in a safe secure environment. The pool staff was great! My daughter had a fantastic time hanging out at the pool. I love going to the Beau and can't wait to return in the Summer.

Room Tip: Always ask for a high floor and an non-smoking ocean view room and not to far from the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank donyale38

Reviewed April 6, 2012

My family loves "The Beau", as it's affectionately called in my house. Be sure to bring enough small bills for tips for the array of services offered. Bring the larger bills for the adult fun in the casino. Be sure to utilize their restaurants, they have some great meals to choose from, especially the cheeseburger from the main hotel. The entire family is hooked on the burgers. If you can splurge a little, rent a poolside gazebo. It's very convenient and the capacity is always comfortable, not to mention, the pool staff will check on you more periodical.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My family decided to come to Biloxi as we hadn't been here since Katrina. We booked a double bed non smoking room which was confirmed. We were then late leaving home so I called the hotel to let them know we would be arriving late and confirm we would still have a room and was assured it was no problem. We arrived at the hotel around 10pm and the bellman told us he could have our bags to our room in 5 min once we checked in. We went to check in and were told all they had were SMOKING King rooms! There are 4 of us! The front desk assured us that both the kids could fit on the cot they could send to the room....they could have it in the room in 10 min. We asked if we could pay to upgrade to a suite but were told no. We got to the room and tried to call to have our bags brought to the room and after waiting for 15 minutes I went to get the bags myself when I was told I couldn't do that! Our bags were finally delivered shortly after that and after two more calls to the desk we finally got the cot which is smaller than a twin bed. I have NO idea how two kids could sleep on that. If it wasn't so late we would have found a different hotel tonight but with two small kids we are now stuck! Be very careful of this hotel if there are more than two in your party.......we will NOT be staying here again nor would I recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank bdm7399
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We have grown to think this may be our favorite casino destination. The rooms are nice, variety in the casino, good food, and beautiful views of the bay. The comps are good, too, and there are always contests, scratch off deals, etc. to keep it interesting. Great coffee place in the lobby which opens at 6 and gives you free refills all day with your receipts. It is very close to a few other casinos, so you can walk if you like.
The only drawback is the internet service is not good, but ask for a wireless equipped room if this is a factor for you. I think they will have them all ready soon. Buffet lines are long too if you are not able to get in comp line or Platinum so you will not like that.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vegasclint
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed for five nights, everything is just perfect! Clean large ocean view room, great food at Jia Resturant, buffet is very good with a very expansive selection of food choices. Will stay again.

Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Dirtydigger
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We went to the Final Four and stayed a few nights at the Beau thinking it would be a treat. We had not been there in a few years and were surprised to find things had gone downhill. Nothing major, but Service has taken a serious nosedive. Biggest problem was the dining. Never before had we stepped outside of the doors to eat, but this time we had to. The line for the breakfast buffet was over an hour long and the Terrace Cafe had a 45 minute wait. The rub here was that half of the tables were empty. The management did not have a full hotel, they were just incredibly understaffed. This casino hotel has obviously been suffering due to the economy, but for NCAA finals you need to make a good impression to bring these patrons back. Everywhere the service was lacking. The general attitude was poor and not what is used to be. Overall this hotel has lost its luster and on the downhill side of its peak.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank ExtensiveTravels
Reviewed April 2, 2012

My wife and I travel frequently to Biloxi and always stay at the best hotel there, "The Beau" (as the locals call it.). The buffet is always tops, with world class chefs preparing the foods. The casino is a bit pricey compared to others on the coast, but their clientele as the upper crust.
The spa and the pool are great! Drawings are always plentiful.

Room Tip: Ask for gulf View room and its worth it to pay $50 more to upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple