“Not quite what it used to be”

Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #1 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Metairie, LA
“Not quite what it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We purchased a show/one night stay at the Beau Rivage on line. We arrived, stood in line to check in and when we got to the counter the lady checking us in said she didn't know where the tickets to the show were - "perhaps at the Will Call window". I stood in another line and finally got our tickets, but no one knew about the $15 credit toward food we were so suppose to be credited. I had to go back to the front desk to get that information and they had to check with a manager. No one at the front desk even knew about the online offers. The room was OK, but certainly showing wear - funiture was chipped in several places and several places where the carpet had pulls in it. The front of the vanity in the bathroom was loose and fell off. Although the bathrooms are still great with seperate shower and tub, the Beau just isn't quite what it used to be.

The show was great though and the late night snack at the Terrace Grill at the hotel was fine although the service was a little slow.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,096)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Biloxi is driving distance for us so it makes it easier to go to than Vegas. We like Vegas more but the Beau is the next best thing. We've always been pleased with our room and the service. We've been going since before katrina and liked the grand as well until they didn't rebuild. Now it is only the Beau. Food is good in all restaurants as well as the buffet and room service. Will continue to go back.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank VivaMFl
Muncie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at a few hotels on the gulf coast but Beau Rivage has spoiled us for all the others. The entire hotel has a warm, southern charm feeling that starts in the lobby and continues throughout the entire hotel. Rooms are large, clean and most have a beautiful view. The staff goes out of their way to meet your every need! Biloxi, Mississippi and the Beau Rivage have moved to the top of our favorites list!!!

Room Tip: Ask for Gulf View Room
Edwardsburg, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

The Beau is a great resort. I have been there three times now and have yet to have a bad experience (other than my gambling losses). The rooms are nice, the people are even better! Everyone there is very friendly and makes you feel appriciated. The food is also good. Wonderfull pool where we met some friendly people. I can't wait to go back. So relaxing! Make sure to play their golf course "Fallen Oak". It's the most beautiful course I've played and they take care of you well. Enjoy!

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

My daughter and I did a quick getaway and fiqured we go to Biloxi and stay at the Beau Rivage for a couple of days it was a Tuesday August 29,2011- 8/31/2011
standard room 2 queen beds when we got in the room the room was dreary the bedspreads had burnt holes in them the ice bucket was filthy,the bathroom shower was not cleaned (had to put a towel down on floor to take a shower) no wifi had to have an ethernet cable housekeeping came and changed the bedspreads. went to the buffet to get dinner and around 3am got so sick to my stomach throwing up (well from both ends)Never will eat there again. no coffeemaker in the room no ironing board. when housekeeping came with the bedspreads another one came in and passed him the iron board also asking did he have anything on his cart to drink I guess from the suites he had previously cleaned. the decorations in the lobby and all the stores beautiful so surprised when we got to our room. E.Nelson Atlanta,Ga

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank purplet1
Mobile
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

I received a coupon for a free meal at the Beau anytime during the month of September
I chose to eat there on Tuesday 9/7/2011 for lunch. I gave the cashier my coupon and received the recipt for the meal, and the Hostest was very kind and friendly.
I proceeded to the buffet line were I got some blk eyed peas, stewed beef, stewed B red potatoes, shrimp creole, roll, requested something from the pasta station, fried shrimp, greens,chili dirty rice, two pieces of beef ribs asian beef and brocolli, and a piece of desert.
I sat down to enjoy the meal first I ate some of the pasta it was ok but from there
down hill I ate the fried shrimp way over cooked and the shrimp Creole had a 5-1 ratio of tomatoes to shrimp.
I mean mounds and mounds of tomatoes and I stired the pot to see if I could find more shrimp :-(
I did eat portions of the other items, but now I remember why I seldom eat at the Beau Rivege Buffet I do visit the other eateries while there no complants
( like Chef Ramsey says when fresh items are available in your area always get them,
the taste is like night and day. Being in the south you have major shrimp boats at your back door buy fresh shrimp, those pre breaded shimp puts the buffet in the class of a cheap mom and pop restaraunt,
It was so bad I noticed the other two tables near me not eating there food and I asked, the Question how was your meal? WOW
Then the discussion took off. They were having the same experince I was, Awful.

They told me they had just driven twelve hours from Miami Fl. and decided to get something to eat,and chose to eat at the Beau but there bad service started from the cashier no smile, no look of welcome to the Beau,
her face ( she said ) sait it all ( next customer please)

Another thing we both had experienced was the older heavy set lady at the desert station
cussing while talking to another employee,telling the other employee what she was tired of doing something I did not stay to hear the details of her conversation.
After talking for about ten min or so. We all agreed to write letters of concern
about our visit.
The customer from Fl. even called a manager to the table and told of our experience.
So I tried to go to Beau Riveage web site today to make an in house comment, but
guess what there was no section on there web site to voice areas of customers concerns.
How I wish that the Beau Riviage would put comment cards on there tables
and ask three questions how was the Food, Service, And Will You Come Back Again?
They would be surprised on how many people might feel the same way, Such a beautiful casino, but the buffett today has gotten a 3 or 4 on a scale to ten.

Sorry for the bad review
Beau Riverage

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank D J
zephyrhills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

We enjoyed our 3 nt .stay with a very comfortable room -clean and beautifully furnished. You cannot hear any noise from other rooms or from the hallway. The pool is wonderful w/plenty of lounge chairs and umbrellas. The entire staff is friendly and helpful and they make you feel welcome. The eating places are plentiful and reasonable. And of course the gambling ! Fun-filled, exciting atmosphere - free drinks of anything you ask for while at a machine. Great music and bars. An exciting place to visit.

Room Tip: rooms with even numbers are on pool/gulf side