9,162 results
All reviewsbeau rivageterrace cafethe roasted beanfresh flowersm lifecoffee shoplas vegassouthern hospitalityget awaygreat tripslot machinesocean viewtable gamesnew orleansnon smokingthe hard rockjia
Reviewed August 1, 2011

No wireless internet, charge $9 for eithernet cable.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 1, 2011

We stayed on July 12-13th. We got there fairly early but got checked into a ocean front room immediately. The rooms were comped which makes it much better, but would hate to stay anywhere else. It had been a coupla years since we had been there, but it is still very much the same. Food comps are handled differently, but we did okay. The slots were paying pretty well. Overall it was a lot of fun and am anxious to return.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Great service, beautiful, luxury hotel, fun casino, deep sea fishing available, relaxing spa, and gorgeous pool. Save your money from traveling to further, more affluent beach destinations-this is the place to stay and play. Terrific casino player club comps. Put your vacation money back into a bruised economy. You will not be disappointed. Tips for the trip-you can fly into the user-friendly Gulfport-Biloxi airport and take a shuttle to the hotel. Once there you can take the Casino Hopper streetcar up and down the beach road to any other casino hotel, to the O'Keefe museum, or just relax and enjoy viewing the inviting 27 miles of beach. It will set you back $5.00 for an all day pass, or $1.25 a trip. Don't forget to take your bathing suit and possibly a fishing pole. You can wet a line off the back of the Hard Rock to fish free with the locals. Great lunch situation is the $3.00 carver station sandwiches upstairs at the Isle of Capri. You can't beat it. Go for it - there is much history and ambiance still here after the storm. The beautiful Beau Rivage is the THE place to stay. They don't have in-room coffee, but there is a great coffee house on premises (Roasted Bean) where they refill you for free with your purchase receipt.It's a great deal. Just can't say enough good things about the Beau-and the vacation destination. No Biloxi Blues here!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank badflamingo
Reviewed July 30, 2011

July 29, 2011
Just got back from an overnight trip to Biloxi. The town looks great and all seems well for the Gulfcoast after the last few years trials and tribulations.

Stayed at the Beau, still a classic and beautiful hotel. I hate to report on negatives but I must give my opinions on some changes and some things that I think have gone south.

Rant Follows:
The beau has finally caved in to the folks that want to establish a dictatorial regime of control and organization with their call for fairness when in reality I see it as just an anxious and impolite society.
Yes folks I am talking about cattle chutes at the Beau Rivage check in counter!
I have always considered these devices appropriate for animals, specifically cattle, but not needed for a polite and engaged society. Seems somebody, one somebody too many, complained loudly about how they were stuck in the wrong line, forced to endure a few more minutes than if they were directed to the next available person through a cattle chute. Definitely a commentary on our society.

I just think that it is a less polite society that requires a cattle chute system. Caesars Place doesn't do it, Aria doesn't do it, Bellagio doesn't do it, but in Mississippi all our hotels must do it.

I know I am in the minority here so I will stop now. Needless to say that the last holdout for old school class and prestige has succumbed to the will of the mob and installed cattle chutes at the check-in counter.
Just adds to the sameness of the casino hotels in Biloxi.

I think the restaurants at the Beau have tumbled. I am not at all fond of BR Prime anymore, I was never in love with Jia. I have not tried the new Italian because we arrived at ten till ten to an empty restaurant and were subtly rejected because it was close to closing. I totally get it, and we left to a chorus of "if you really want in I'll check with the kitchen".
The problem is management and low wages I'm sure.
All us working stiffs want to get off on time. Maybe they should close at 9:30 and then declare last seating at 9:29. Wish I could have tried them, the place looks just like it did when olives was open. I do love the Memphis Q, great food, atmosphere, and music.
Rant over!

The Beau is still a magnificent property. The summer flowers in the arboretum were planted; clovers and another flower I am unfamiliar with but as usual it was refreshing and inspiring.
LOVED IT!
The room on the twenty-fifth floor looked out city side at Beau Rivage grounds and the IP winking in the distance. Biloxi is beautiful from the twenty-fifth floor. I alternate gulf view to city view on each trip if possible because I love both! The beds are dreamy, rooms are clean, and a nice flat screen TV.

Gambling:
Again I played no table games, my bad. I just get started with my sweetheart and those dang games grab me and I play away.
Played all sorts of losers as all are familiar so I'll just recount the winners, as we all do.
Won the major progressive on Outback Jack, was not even sure what happened till I read the rules. In a random drawing you pick cards and five Outback Jack's pays the progressive. I picked an outback Jack then I picked three alligators, then a Roo. The Roo changes all the gators into Jacks! Then another Gator then another Roo for a win when the last gator changed.
Wow, what just happened! Well it was a $906.23 win was what happened.
Next to me wifey hits the "Mr Woo" major for 218.73 while my machine is counting. Mr. Woo resets at 200 and Jack resets at 900. Out back Jack was a winner but I am not fond of the game because the bonus round is a little tedious for me. I am sure many will love this game though as the bonus does hit with a nice frequency. Well that bump put me ahead for the night and we tried a few other games with little luck.

After a great nights rest we went back to our Gulfcoast home with some great memories.

Room Tip: Gulf View or Cityscape both are remarkable
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StibFlorida
Reviewed July 29, 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Beau Rivage. I made my reservations on line with the hotel using their Internet special. I used the Valet parking on arrival and was surprised when I checked out that there was no charge except a normal tip. Check in was a breeze and they upgraded me to a 20th floor room overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. I found the room to be spacious, clean and comfortable.
I had read that the Internet was wired rather than wireless and took a patch cable with me and had no problem accessing or using the Internet. If you forget your cable they only have them for sale in the gift shop.
The Casino is a standard Vegas style Casino. I found my Casino experience to be no different than most of the hotels in Vegas and I found that the folks working in the Casino wanted us to enjoy our visit. I played slots, video poker and Blackjack and felt that everything was fine. I won some and lost some and at the end was surprised to find I left a little ahead.
I skipped the Buffet and ate my meals at the front Café. Service was prompt and the meals were top notch. I love Cajun food and they had plenty of options for me.
I received a call that I needed to head home a day early and checked out mid morning. I had prepaid the room on the Internet and the clerk gave me full credit for the day I was missing without even being asked.
I spoke with quite a number of the guests and found very high percentages that were enjoying their visit. The one big exception was a guest that appeared rude to me when he was discussing how to use one of the slots. He had asked a man with a broom and dustpan how to best use the machine and was upset that he got little information, he then asked me and I assisted him as best I could.
I did not get a chance to use the pool or Spa but my room overlooked the pool and it looked first class. I heard lots of positive comments on the Spa while on and waiting for the elevator.
I was very pleased with my visit and will return on my next visit to Biloxi.

Room Tip: Bring a patch cable with your PC
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo