“A beautiful hotel and friendly staff”

Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi
Ranked #2 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 21, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights at Beau Rivage. I was very impressed with the hotel and the service from the staff. Everyone from the front desk staff to the dealers tried to make sure that we enjoyed our stay.

The interior of the hotel is very similar to Bellagio in Las Vegas. The rooms are comfortable, but do not have a coffee maker (so I brought my own) and enjoyed my coffee every am. I do hate to go downstairs to get coffee in the morning and I hate to pay $10 for a pot from room service!

We ate at the buffet and it was good--I don't know why it has so many negative reviews. Of course it is not 5 star, but it had both chilled and hot crab legs along with other buffet standards which were all appropriate temperatures.

We had a sandwich at Snacks--serving was huge and could easily be split. We also ate the the coffee bean and had bingets (spelling?) The coffee was good and the bingets were great!

The table minimums were higher on the weekend (just like Vegas) but were lowered during the week--$25 for most on weekend and $10 during the week) The dealers kept the games moving while allowing everyone to have some fun. We went to the Grand Casino (Harrah's property) and didn't like it nearly as well. The other fun surprise was that drinks are comped while you play--love to sit and gamble and sip on a cocktail! Overall a great experience!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jarodmom
There are newer reviews for Beau Rivage Resort & Casino Biloxi

Reviewed March 19, 2011

Stayed two nights at the Beau Rivage and wished it could have been longer. The hotel has a beautiful and impressive lobby the staff are friendly and helpful. I asked for a nice room overlooking the Gulf and was totally impressed with the size and comfort . It was fun having the Casino to entertain us in the evening although we didn't win anything. The breakfast buffet was good especially the very nice lady making fresh omelettes to order which were delicious.

The swimming pool area looked lovely, we didn't use it as the weather was not warm enough but certainly would if we visited at a warmer time.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

We only stayed one night, but the room was spacious, clean and very nice. The hotrel itself is extremely nice with all the amenities one could want. The bedding was very comfortable, especially the pillows.

1  Thank MJV
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We stayed at the Beau over a weekend on the way to New Orleans from Florida, I enjoyed the clean and comfortable room, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful, Great Sunday Brunch buffet it was comped so we got to go thru the short vip line, The only down side to the stay was I thought the valet was a little slow in retrieving my car it was a little chilly outside.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank corn-slapper
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Beautiful facility, nice rooms, great lobby with fresh flowers everywhere. Service spotty, good at check in & check out. Valet service capable...........Restaurant service poor, but food quality is bad................Lobby Cafe very poor, very, very slow service. (they didn't screw up the Cob Salad).....Memphis Q steak house, very poor food quality. But the most incredibly bad food is at the "Buffet". Had the misfortune of eating there rather late and was tempted to call the health department...........really awful and quite ironic in that for breakfast, lunch and dinner incredibly long lines to get in.
If you're a smoker, you'll love this hotel.....you can smoke anywhere and if you run out of ciggies.........the secondary smoke will probably satisfy you anywhere in the public places. Upon my return home, I'm gonna get a chest XRay.

3  Thank commesso
Reviewed March 7, 2011

Hi One of my most favorite things is to get up late and have coffee and something sweet for breakfast. In my room....
I was so disappoined to find that I could not make coffee because there was not a pot in the room. I had to get dressed and go out for my coffee. That was a bummer. I found out later I could order coffee for $10.00 a pot. (I only wanted one cup)
Then I found out the hotel does not have WFY. But I could go down to the gift shop and for $10.00 buy and Ether cable. Now who carries an ether cable with them???? Really.
I was not impressed with the Casino only the drink person that brought me coffee. She was very nice, cordial.
The people that served the meals were great... I think they are the hard workingest ones and seemed to be very up beat and friendly, like they were glad you were there.
It rained very hard that W/E and my friend and I were across the st. at Mary Mahoneys when the bucket fell out. One of the ladies called and ask if the vallet service could send a cab over to pick us up. She was told they were told it was only for Beau guests. She explained They are guests of yours. They were supposed to get back to us but never did. The lady was kind enough to take us in her on car. When we made our complaint known. We were told that they were very busy and could not get to us. I mean there had to have been 8 or nine vallet working.. The mgr said well I can get the Vallet manager and he can apolige to you. We said forget it. (Coffee would have been nice at that time as we looked like too drown rats)

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank sketter050
Reviewed March 7, 2011

A previous reviewer called this a smaller Bellagio, and I think that's fair. We came on a three day junket to this MGM property, from still-cold Ohio. Check in was smooth and the staff friendly in every respect. The room was average size, well appointed with safe, separate shower and tub. No minibar or in-room coffee. Big window with water view. No balcony. No noise problems during our stay. I can see a train in the distance but can hardly hear it. I couldn't get on the included wired internet, even though I brought an ethernet cord, as earlier reviewers had advised. The fix was to plug it directly into the wall, not into the side-of-desk connection point. The hotel is right on the water and has a big pleasant pool area. Too cold for swimming this week. ... There are several ways for gamblers to get "comps" for meals. The buffet is pretty good. There is a smokey smell to many areas, like in las vegas. I think Jia, where we had a good asian-fusion meal, is non smoking.

If you gamble video poker, know that the only full pay jb is at the dollar level in the game king bank by the craps table... I saw $10 blackjack even on friday night.

A happy surprise was that just to the west of the parking garage is miles of public beach and new sidewalk for uninterupted walking or jogging. No shops or facilities along the beach road. Looks like Katrina had washed it all away.

We will return here. I think it's a good casino hotel for couples. I guess it's ok for kids, especially if you like to spend days at the beach.

2  Thank Sunbu