“Nice Stay!”

Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Detroit, Michigan
“Nice Stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2010

Only there overnight, but nice stay. Free parking, mounted Flat Screen TV,even a mini one in the bathroom, large glass-enclosed shower.non-smoking rooms were true to form (concerned about the casino downstairs) Directly across the street from the ocean,which would be nice in the summer!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank WeWannaGo2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

We went to Crusing The Coast in Biloxi. We stayed here last year as well. It is amazing. Not only are the rooms large and well appointed, the food is great also. The bathrooms are awesome, the beds are soooo comfortable.You can't beat this place.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
aaliyah18
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

We have visited the Gulf Coast a number of times and we love it. We have received much better service at the other hotels. The staff was very rude. We will never stay at the Treasure Bay again. The Beau Riverage or the Grand Casino are much much better properties and the prices are just about the same. Don't waste your time or money on this one.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aaliyah18
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

The hotel apparently has been upgraded recently, because the rooms are beautifully furnished and very clean and nice. The cleaning staff was efficient and professional, and the restaurant personnel were the friendliest and most helpful I've seen in a while. The problem came in when we were given a room that wasn't what I'd reserved, and when I approached the desk staff, I was met with shrugs and the stance that reservations are merely suggestions and not actually meant to reserve a particular room for you. I had paid extra for the room I wanted, but none of them even hinted at an offer to refund the difference, talk to management, or even comp us with dinner. I finally contacted customer services through their web site, and while I got a very quick apology as a response, my complaint seemingly fell into a black hole until I prodded him a month later. I feel like I had to push through this whole process to get any sort of compensation for the error, and, as far as I'm concerned, the real measure of a hotel is in how it handles problems. This one disappointed me.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

Would stay here, and plan to stay, again! very nice for the money. Great recommendation from Claudia on the forum led me here--thanks. I would stay away from their shuttle as we found it unreliable, otherwise, I have nothing bad to say about Treasure Bay. Did not eat there, but it was a very nice place to stay. Casino was a bit smallish, but ok. They could benefit from building and upscaling the casino a bit, but in the economy, the status quo is ok.

Hotel was clean, nice bathrooms, good beds, etc. The remodel after Katrina was top-notch.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank starketcher
SC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

My mother and I visited Biloxi for one night July 17th. The purpose of our trip was my Mother's Day gift to mama-- a Johnny Mathis Concert at the Beau. Ma is a huge Johny Mathis fan and I grew up listening to his music. Of course, Johnny Mathis is about 75 (like ma!) but sounds as good or even better than he ever did. I felt almost a teenager at the concert as I was one of the more younger attendees! Only regret there was that we did not get to stay another night or we would have stayed for the Saturday night show as well.

I'd planned to eat at one of the more noted restaurants in the area, but time slipped up and we wound up eating at the restaurant in the Beau. I do not remember the name, but it was to the left when you entered from the front door. I'd eaten there before and enjoyed it. This time was no different. Good food decently priced and convenient.

We stayed a Treasure Bay. I pretty much screwed around and let time slip up on me as far as making reservations anywhere. Mainly, I could not decide where to stay. I wanted to gamble but was not going to pay the $300+ per night at the Hard Rock or Beau. I'd narrowed it down to the Ramada Ltd and the Treasure Bay, based upon recommendations. When I went to make reservations, there was no room at the Ramada or Treasure Bay. I called both to double check. Then, through the Trip Advisor, I saw where Treasure Bay had rooms available. It was thru Travelocity. I'd never used them before, but had no problems and the room rented for the same price as was previously on Treasure Bay's website.

Treasure Bay always looked kinda run down to me before Katrina, but I'd read where they remodeled everything, also read very good recommendations, the price was right. It turned out to be a good stay! When I booked on Travelocity, all they had was a king room. I was not relishing the idea of sleeping with mama, but was ok with it. We arrived early, around 2, the room was not ready, I asked about 2 queen beds and was told that none were available. When we checked in at 4, I noticed the hotel manager was checking me in. I asked about 2 queens and told him I was there with my mother, etc. He foudn me a beachfront room with queen beds!

The room itself was very nice, bath room was very nice, everything clean--no complaints at all!!! We had beachfront, adn I would call it more of an ocean view. It was across the street, looking down on the HVAC systems. That was no big deal. The room location and appointments were great, and you could just overlook the HVAC and enjoy the ocean view.

My only complaint was the shuttle service, and this is the only reason I would not give the Treasure Bay 5 stars. We took the Treasure Bay shuttle to the Beau. It came on time and the driver told me he would be on for a 12 hour shift. Told me where he would pick me up, I had a number to call and was told to let the Beau security call as well. Came out of the concert, and the shuttle was outfront. We thought we would hop in and not even have to call.....wrong. The shuttle kept going which I was ok with since we had not called in the first place. Then I called and got the Beau to call. Waited 30 minutes; called again, waited another 20 minutes, then a valet told us to go to the bus lobby and they would pick us up there as that was where they had pick ups. This was not where the shuttle driver had told us, but since 40 minutes had passed, we decided to go there and see if that was where he would come to. Waited another 15 mnutes or so, and called again..............then again after another 15 minutes -- that time they said it would be about 30 minutes before he could get to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, I was aggravated, it was now past 11 pm, the city shutter had quit running so we caught a taxi.

Well, all that turned out ok, as the valet got us a limo to take up back. The delay probably saved me alot of cash as it cut into my gambling time. It was mama's first limo ride (minus a funeral car). She was impressed and we turned alot of heads pulling up in front of Treasure Bay in the limo-------ma promptly put it all in perspective and blew any nuance we had by wanting her picture taken with the car and driver. Cost me $20 buck, but ma enjoyed it & I have pictures to prove it!

1 Thank starketcher
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2009

Hotel was great, staff was very nice. Room was extremely clean, up to date and my husband just loved the TV in the bathroom. We were there for the Truck Show, whch also was awesome. We will be back.

Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple