Overall it was a nice hotel. Wasn't too impressed that the minute the front doors open you are hit in the face with the smell of cigarette smoke - but I'm spoiled being from the "Smoke Free" state of Louisiana. I was also shocked to find a portion of the Casino was in the lobby...thus creating the smoke. I'm sure this is due to the loss of the actual Casino after Katrina, and hopefully as they rebuild Biloxi, this is something Treasure Bay will eventually renevate away from.
Oh, be prepared to pre-pay a deposit that must be cash or a credit card - they will not take a debit card. I have never experienced this at any hotel anywhere else I have stayed.
The room was GORGEOUS, but we were one room away from rooftop AC's for the Casino being our view. We did comment about how ticked off we would be if we had paid for a Gulf View and that was our view.
My biggest complaint, is the water -- tastes nasty, and the pressure in the bathtub is horrible - not to mention takes FOREVER to get to be anything close to hot. I basically ran my bath with no cold used whatsoever.
The staff was very friendly, and the dealer at the Blackjack + 3-card Poker table, Sharon, was the best ever.
The Casino is not as crowded as many of the others I have been, which also makes it enjoyable - and actually the table games are on the 2nd floor, and I did not find them to be quite as smokey.
We will be back, for the money it is worth a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Biloxi landmark, the nine-story hotel tower faces the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Recently renovated, the tower has 202 guest rooms, including eight Suites and eight Lofts. Rooms feature double or king-sized accommodations with plush fabrics, pillow-top bedding and imported furnishings all in keeping with the color scheme of the property. Additional amenities include private balconies, high definition televisions, Jacuzzi tubs, and walk-in showers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Treasure Bay Hotel Biloxi
- Treasure Bay Biloxi
- Biloxi Treasure Bay Hotel