“Locals favorite and upscale surprises”

Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Jackson, Mississippi
“Locals favorite and upscale surprises”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Hotel rooms are modern and the staff is friendly. This is an old Sheraton or similar hotel from the 1970's completely redone with the convention space turned into a casino. Casino is smaller than most coast casinos, but rarely crowded, and kind of cool.. The Den is a 24 hour restaurant downstairs that offers what looks like basic bar food, but is surprisingly good. If you gamble, the comps are better than average, but mostly the personal service is what stands out. Try the bar on the top floor. It's an especially good value on Mondays, when the tapas menu is half price. Cozy, sublime, and cool overlooking the beach and ocean from the ninth floor.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank John C
Matthew U, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear John,

Thanks so much for the great review of your experience. You are right on point about the building! It was originally a Sheraton in the 1970's, later it was called the Royal D'Iberville and was acquired by Treasure Bay in 1994 when our casino was located directly across the street in a "Pirate" themed barge. After the devastation of Hurricane Katrina in 2005, we were allowed to move our casino operation into the hotel so we completed gutted and rennovated the property. I couldn't be happier that you received such great service and we hope that you will make us your destination of choice for all of your Gulf Coast visits!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Panama City, Fl
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed here for the 1st time over Valentine's Weekend. I was very underwhelmed and I'm not usually hard to please. 1st off, when we checked in, I was told that we were in the "partial view" rooms. OK, not a problem as I knew that when I booked the room. However, what we had was a view of the parking lot right above some kind of furnace that had steam blowing directly over our balcony. I went back to the front desk to ask about the partial view. It was then explained to me that "partial view" is actually not an accurate definition because when you book a "partial view" room it really means that you are not guaranteed a view at all. Huh? Well, whatever. She did offer to move us to a different room facing the pool but warned that these rooms have not been updated and are "noticeably different." I knew from reading the reviews on here to request a coffee pot in the room, plus the option was offered at the time that I made my reservation. Well guess what. No coffee pot in the room. So I called housekeeping to request one. Still no biggie. 45 minutes later, a young man comes to the room with coffee packets but no coffee maker asking if I was sure there wasn't a coffee pot in the room because "they are supposed to already be in the rooms and we can't find any." If that's true then why offer the option of having one? He did promise to search for one and came back with one about 30 minutes later. The thing that bothered me the most was the dirty bathtub. There was a ring around the tub. I just cleaned it myself. We did play in the casino and didn't have any winnings. I did overhear one young excitedly talking about her winnings so I can't say no one won. Overall, it was a pleasant stay. I just think that attention to the little things are what differentiate a hotel from an "OK" place to a great one.

Room Tip: Make sure that your partial view room actually has a view of something other than the back parking l...
2 Thank skeewee1908
Matthew U, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear skeewee1908,

Thank you so much for letting us know where we can improve the experience here. I am profoundly sorry that your expectations were not met during your last stay. You are so right in mentioning that the little things make all the difference. It is regrettable that we weren't able to give you the experience you deserved and I'd be happy to talk to you about it, perhaps find a way to make this up to you. Please contact me directly at guestservices@treasurebay.com.
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had a very sub par experience at this hotel. The rooms were excellent as far as cleanliness and the amenities that come with the room. But, the customer service was some what disturbing. Being our first time in a casino (My fiancee and I), We wasn't aware of the different comps or player cards guest receive during check in. We had to find these things out from local Biloxians or other people in the casino. We also were being harassed by security about simple things such as a 20oz drink we were trying to take to our room, not the casino. I'm extremely disappointed! I was looking forward to a worry free weekend and ended up with a migraine. I work in the hospitality industry and I was shocked with the way guest services treated guest at this hotel. It seemed that everything was for profit, not for the guest.
-Javaris

2 Thank Javaris S
Matthew U, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Javaris,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. It is very unfortunate that we were unable to meet your expectations. I will personally relay your review to the appropriate departments so that we can brush up on our guest service skills. Despite how you were made to feel, we truly do value our guests here. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please contact me at guestservices@treasurebay.com.
Dunnellon, FL
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife and spent Feb 9th through the 11th at Treasure Bay without disappointment. We had an 8th floor room with a beautiful view of the gulf. The beds, bathroom, and everything about the room was clean and flawless. The staff as always was very friendly and helpful. KUDOS to Melissa, Magoo and Curtis who kept me well nourished while playing video poker at the 2nd floor bar. The fried mushrooms and cheeseburger at The Den were outstanding and the Infinity breakfast buffet can't be beat. We will be back again hopefully soon.

1 Thank BERBOO
Thanks, Berboo for the kind words. On bahlf of everyone here, we hope you do return very soon.
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed February 9, 2014

The hotel is really nice ! Even a TV in the bathroom ! The balcony of the room facing the Gulf had a great view and nice to sit out ! Great service, the employees are friendly, courteous, and efficient. I highly recommend the buffet - 2 types of crabs - Dungeness Crabs and the other kind of crabs that are long.The casino was fun and stylish - just big enough to roam around in but not too small that you felt cramped in - two floors of fun ! We ate a tasty and hot breakfast in the " den " - the first floor 24 hour grill. Thank you for another great stay !

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room facing the gulf !
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Treesearch1
Sure sounds like you had a great time! Thanks so much for sharing your experience.
meridian
Reviewed February 7, 2014

My husband & I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago for just one night. We loved it. We stayed on the 9th floor with the jacuzzi in the room. Amazing! The pillowtop mattresses were so comfortable. THe bathroom was very clean and loved the walk-in shower. THe view was great. We only ate at the Den. It was just ok. Wish we could have tried the other restaurants but we waited to late to go eat. We did not gamble at all - so I can't comment on the casion. I was very pleased and would definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra & get the 9th floor jacuzzi room with view of the gulf.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for writing to let us know how we did! I must admit, the 9th floor rooms are my favorites as well. Next time you visit, be sure you make time for a meal at some of the other venues and don't forget you can earn free rooms and more with a Player's Club membership. Come back soon!
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I LOVE treasure bay. My husband and our 2 kids stayed here last summer for 5 days during our honeymoon/family vacation. Our room was beautiful and clean, with a balcony that faced the beautiful pool. We did not play in the casino since we had kids with us, but we did eat the buffet twice during our stay, once for breakfast and once for dinner both times were very good. All hotel staff we encountered were very nice and we are planning on returning again next month without the kids so we can enjoy the casino this time. Can't wIt to return to Treasure Bay

• Stayed May 2013
We are so excited you are comingh back to stay with us! Don't forget to sign up as a new member at Player Services (if you didn't last summer, of course) and take advantage of all of the ongoing promotions and excitement in the casino. We've got a very romantic spot up on the 9th floor where couples can enjoy the sunset while receiving world class service as well!