“Nice room, good service ,good food”

Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel
Ranked #10 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
ashland,al.
“Nice room, good service ,good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

After some confusion at check-in was overall a nice stay. Had to wait to get into room when arrived at 1:00 pm and on entering room realized we had a king bed when a double room had been requested. The desk clerk was very courteous and made the adjustment in changing rooms. Room was very nice and it was clean. Had a great buffet that I thought was reasonable for a seafood buffet. Make a note, the seafood buffet is evening hours only. Greatly appreciated the Military Discount allowed as I am retired military and it is nice to be remembered. There are 3 different dining areas each offering it's own unique style from fine dining to hamburgers. Casino action was fun but did not observe any large payouts while I was there and if you are a non-smoker as I am the smoke was kind of tough to handle. Beautiful area to visit and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on front much better view (facing ocean) and probably quieter. Our room was on backside and ha...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Matthew U, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thanks so much! We're more than pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Sorry about the confusion at check in. I hope it wasn't too late, as our check in is scheduled to begin at 4PM but we always try to accomodate our guests if the rooms are ready and a guest should arrive early, as you did. We are proud to offer a discount to our active and retired military as well as other discounts for seniors in some other venues. On behalf of the staff, we look forward to your next visit with us and we hope it is much sooner than later.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Malden, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

My mom and I stayed here for one night after a long day on the beach. The room was very nice, with a decent sized balcony and wonderful bathroom! We didn't spend a lot of time in the casino, but we didn't visit the slot machines for a little bit. The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and we enjoyed our short stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We truly appreciate your feedback! Next time you are in the area, stay a few more days with us! We are always improving and updating to ensure the best guest experience possible. It's definitely better at Treasure Bay!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stopped over and stayed one night. I had stayed here years ago before Katrina and it is much nicer now. Beds were great and room very clean but could use a coffee pot and fridge in all rooms. There is coffee in lobby but would be nice to have in room as it stated when I reserved it so not to have to go down so early.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ladyinred (love that song, by the way!) thanks for taking a moment to review your experience here at Treasure Bay. We are glad that you enjoyed yourself and we hope you stay with us again. I'm sorry for the confusion with the coffee. The next time you reserve, let us know you would like complimentary coffee in your room. We will have it stocked and ready before you arrive and if there is anything else you need just a quick call to the Front Desk will usually cover it. We value our guests like you and hope to make each experience unique and personal. If you want to talk further about your experience or you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at guestservices@treasurebay.com.
Chipley, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

The rates and rooms are great but you will get ripped off when it comes to your credit/debit card. When I booked with priceline it said a $50 deposit the hotel said 100 I talked to priceline they talked to motel and got it fixed when I checked in they still charged me $100, the room was $63 with tax, even after the room fee was taken out of my account they are still holding $163 on my account and are telling me it won't come off for possibly 2-4 weeks. Even though the room was awesome and the beds were to die for I will not be staying here again who can afford for them to hold this much money for two weeks.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Panama City, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We've stayed at this property a number of times over the last few years following renovations after Hurricane Katrina. This review is based on a single night stay on 12/26.

OVERALL
Treasure Bay is one of the smaller casino hotels in Biloxi and is a bit west on Rt 90 from most of the other casinos in the area and tends to be less crowded. Along with slot and table gaming, it has a buffet and 2 restaurants..

ROOMS
Tastefully renovated after Hurricane Katrina, they are of good size and very comfortable. Most rooms facing the Gulf side have wonderful views. The showers are a bit unique in that they are open in the back and you simply "walk-in". The tile used can be slippery when wet and no rubber mat is provided. A disappointment in this stay was that there was no in-room coffee.

DINING
Nothing really special with the buffet on the 2nd floor- food quality and variety was average. "The Den" is a standard sit-down restaurant on the 1st floor offering a variety of foods covering breakfast, lunch and dinner. "CQ" is billed as a fine dining, located on the 9th floor and does offer some excellent fare and the view of the gulf from the tables is excellent. It used to be a favorite of ours, but we have been a bit disappointed with the level of service with the last few stays.

GAMING
Slots are plentiful along with a variety of table games. Being a smaller operation, lower minimum bet games can be found during prime time. The $2 "Mississippi Stud" tables are very popular.

SERVICE
This is the area we found Treasure Bay to be a bit lacking in pretty much all areas. With the casino, we've had a pit boss check the tint on our prescription eye-glasses (I kid you not), rude dealers and infrequent waitress service for drinks. While dining at CQ, our main course was brought to the table while we were still in the middle of our salads. At hotel checkout, the desk clerk never asked how our stay was - in fact the whole interaction consisted of handing us a copy of the bill while she was on the phone with someone else.

SUMMARY
Not a bad place to stay, but nothing special. With the other offerings in town, you can do better. Treasure Bay is missing the mark in not making a little effort to stand out against the bigger operations in town.

Room Tip: A gulf view room is very nice. Promo rooms on gulf side may be blocked by A/C units.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed over Thanksgiving so they may have been short on staff. We stayed in a smoking room since we checked in late and no non-smoking rooms were available. Suprisingly not too much of a smoking smell until a neighboring room had a heavy smoker maybe. I used to smoke so my nose picks up on everything now, I don't mind people smoking by any means, but I do appreciate a good filtration system ..they have done a great job in the rooms and the casino.

The room was dusty, no big deal as I grabbed a towel and dusted and always use sanitizer on remotes and light switches. We were on 7th floor pool terrace, pool view was okay but they obviously weren't cleaning it daily since it was cold and no one was using the pool. The view was also of roof tops but also lots of trees and the pool area would be nice during warmer weather with the palm trees and two nice looking pools.

They have renovated and are mostly modern in style/decor. 'Granite' counter and desk and modern shower but the water pressure in the shower leaves a lot to be desired unless you want a rain shower. Be careful of the bathroom faucet as it has a ton of pressure though.

Housekeeping:
We did have to call housekeeping a couple of times, even after asking for daily service. They didn't show up until we called for a second time on Thanksgiving Day, again forgiveness for a Holiday. The lady who did come and service linens was very pleasant on Thanksgiving and I felt bad she was missing a day with her family. We weren't there to meet up with other housekeeping members but
they didn't exactly meet expectations of putting the bed back together appropriately, replacing kleenex, doing the basics.

Room Service:
Do not even try to order poached eggs, I received hard cooked eggs which were obviously cooked in a skillet and not poached. If the cook doesn't know how to make something I expect them to be up front and I would have changed my order. Even the toast was awful...how do you mess up toast?
Ordered a PoBoy another day, shrimp was well done but the remoulade and bread could use some work. Thereafter, we quit ordering room service.

Noise Level:
There is a nearby train and you can also hear conversations(and such), TV and music in adjoining rooms and people in the hallway.

WiFi:
It is free but it is slow, I had two bars on my tablet the entire stay.

Location:
Off the main area if you are here for casinos but not too far of a drive for other casinos in the area. During warm weather you can easily reach the beach across the street and most days I saw flat water.

Casino:
Fair play at slots, tables, roulette and they have the standard Biloxi $100 if you lose money the first day. Always make sure you get your Players Card.

Customer Service:
Excellent and everyone had a smile! Even the room service lady both times was friendly and she said she had a ton of orders.

I would recommend staying here all in all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bydragonfly
Covington, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Why do people continue to book hotels that still have smoking aloud and complain? Ppl, you are booking for the rates, so if you dont want smoke around you then dont book a hotel that offers and welcomes both smokers and non smokers! There are many non smoking hotels now so ask first if both are welcome before booking. The rates compensate for allowing smokers. Instead of complaining, pay more and go to a non smoking casino/hotel! I ask first if they have smoking aloud and if they dont, then I wont play or stay! There is one casino that chose to go smokeless and they lost alot of business by doing so. Thus, they raised rates to compensate. I personally have been gaming and staying at Treasure Bay since it opened! I commend this Casino from ground up! Majority of the views are georgious, the food is incredible, the upkeep is just as it should be and the slots are supurb compared to others I have visited. If you have any issues with your room, they are quick to resolve it. As far as the casino section being too smokey, guess that just shows how many people enjoy it enough to continue spending their money there and upping the odds of winning!

Room Tip: All rooms are satisfactory with balconies. Even if you cant get a Gulf view, the Pool side is just a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business