“A Pleasant Surprise”

Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel
Ranked #11 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This small casino-hotel has beautiful large rooms - friendly check-in. The room was squeaky clean with a large counter in the bathroom. A walk-in glass sided shower completed the convenience. The bed was comfortable- we will definitely stay here again!

2  Thank grannymaryp
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

We appreciate your recent review of our property and for the kind words. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed in the Treasure Bay Hotel a couple times previously with satisfactory results. I booked a king room for Feb. 9, 2013 checking out the next morning. This was to be a valentine treat for my wife. I stayed in the tower on previous visits. As a player in the Casino, my previous room rate was cut to $79. This time the rate was raised to $99 plus tax $110. I was shocked to find us being put in an absolute dump. There were no pictures on the walls, Some of the walls were concrete, Access to the room was outside. We had to carry luggage up and down steps. Hard to close door as it was steel and did not fit properly. This was a very poor motel room not a hotel room. I was told at the front desk that the problem was with my booking agent, that they should have told me I was being booked in their motel section. I pointed out that I booked directly and was told no such thing as I would have rejected it. They were apparently over booked for Mardi Gras and put us in this crap. One of the employees told me that should have been a room for $49 aor $59. I did not get any reduction in price. There were many other things wrong including safety issues getting to the room at night. This ruined my Valentine surprise for my wife. If I wanted a less than motel 6 like experience I would have booked at such a place. I will never stay there again. They offered no apologies, just tried to explain how the crappy room was the equivalent of the much nicer rooms in the tower. What they do not know is that I also was meetig a group of 65 people many from out of time who will be returning regularly. Instead of recommending the place, I made sure all knew never to stay there. Beware of this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay at Treasure Bay. They have a motel section which is very poor quality which they charged...
2  Thank Donald D
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Donald,

Thank you for taking time from your day to review your stay at our property. I apologize that you were unhappy with your room. I've looked to see where you were assigned and while the exterior of that building has not been rennovated, I can assure you that nothing in that room is more than two months old. I personally purchased and supervised all the amenities in those rooms which were gutted and refitted floor to ceiling only two months ago. If it did not meet your standards, I'm sure we could have tried to move you to a different location in order to make your stay more comfortable.

Unfortunately, the rates were higher this particular weekend due to the lead-in to Mardi Gras. Whomever quoted you those lower rates was misinformed. Our rates fluctuate seasonally, as any hotel does, and we work diligently to remain competitive within the market with other similar properties. You were in at our lowest rate for our players based on the offer you received.

Again, I'm very sorry for your experience and I hate to read that your Valentine's surprise was spoiled. I hope that you will reconsider coming to stay with us again. I have placed a note on your player's account to allow you one free night today through 06/30/2013 subject to availability. Please accept this as a token of our esteem and my personal wish to exceed your future expectations.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Treasure Bay has a lot to offer, but make sure you know exactly what it is before you visit this hotel and casino. The first problem was that smoking seemed to be allowed through out the casino and elevators, halls, etc. We had a non-smoking room and that was in very good condition. But other than the room, it was impossible to avoid the smoke.
When we checked in we were told if there was any problem to alert the staff and it would be taken care of. The light beside the was wonky which they fixed very quickly. But when we reported the comforter had all the stuffing to one side and therefore was not satisfactory as the comforter feel to one side of the bed and one person even if covered with the comforter did not have any batting for warmth. After reporting this problem, it was never solved. We still had a comforter with all the batting on one side. Also we requested a 7am wake up call and we are still waiting. It never happened.
When my husband called for reservations, he asked if they had a work out area. When we went to the workout area we found it was the size of a very small bedroom and had 3 pieces of equipment. Also our key did not work in the lock which didn't matter because the work out room was inadequate.
We did eat in the Den and that was fine. The food was good (crab cakes) and reasonably priced. We thought about having the crab leg dinner but it was in the casino and the lines for dinner were horribly long.
There are 11 casinos in Biloxi and I am not sure we would stay at this one again. It would first have to do something about the smoking.

Room Tip: Try to get an ocean view room. Our view was pretty good. We saw part of the room of the area, but...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to compose a review of your recent stay at our property and for detailing the aspects of your stay that you both liked as disliked. We apologize for the smoke that you encountered in the casino and hallway as well as the other problems you encountered during your trip. Although we have taken steps to mitigate the smoke, during busy weekends such as President’s Day there can be more than usual. Thank you also for the kind words about your restaurant experience in the Den. Overall I hope you enjoyed your stay and would consider a return trip soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have been a fan of Treasure Bay's hotel, casino, and restaurants....especially The Den. You can imagine my surprise when we had the most awful experience on Valentine's night. Our waitress was non-existent...our hamburgers took 35 minutes. When we did get our food it was overlooked and cold. Of course we ate what we could because we were starving. Apparently there were specials for Valentine's Day that we were not told about. Finally I asked the next person I saw for our check. I assume since he was in his own clothes and not a uniform he was the manager. He asked how our experience was. We were VERY honest. His reply as he walked away was, "oh, sorry about that". He did nothing to own and resolve the problem or have our waitress do so. The lack of accountability was shocking. She was very nice when check time came expecting a tip I'm sure. For the first time in my life I didn't leave one. I come from the service/casino world so that is something I don't believe in. But, we barely saw her and were NOT given any type of service. This has been such a disappointment. This was our date night spot for so long, but there is no coming back from the horrible experience. It was that bad. I heard many complaints from the tables around me.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know where we can improve our guest service. As much as we like getting good reviews, sometimes it is beneficial for us as a company to know where we can address weaknesses, whether in customer service or in product. In this case, I see that you had issues with the Den all around. Please be assured that I've made certain that the Den management has been made aware of this disappointing situation and I believe they are addressing this with their kitchen and their crew. We hope that you will not let this one situation prevent you from coming back to enjoy this particular venue. I'm quite sure that the management of the Den would love the opportunity to "wow!" you and show that they've turned things around.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I discovered Treasure Bay when the hotel into which I had originally booked myself told me that the Treasure Bay shuttle would come and pick me up, and bring me back, if I wanted to go over to the hotel for dinner. Considering that my hotel had no restaurant, that there was nothing within a mile for food, and that I had no rental car, this sounded a lot better than calling for delivery pizza.

The shuttle arrived promptly, and I ended up having such a good time at the hotel, in their 9th floor restaurant - where I had a wonderful meal! - that I asked the driver on the way back if there was any to get into the hotel for the rest of my stay, and if so, could they take me back and forth to the trade show I needed to attend? I had asked at reservations and they had said they were full...The shuttle driver, Jimmy, immediately called reservations for me, talked to a friend, got me a reservation, and assured me that I would have transport every day. Wow! Jimmy went out of his way throughout my stay to make sure that my transport needs were met, and he and the rest of the staff at the Treasure Bay were all exactly what the hotel's name suggests: treasures.

It didn't matter that the motel side of the property is a little worn (I moved into the tower for my last night and it is better), the quality of this place is in its people. I loved them all. I will be putting my colleagues into this hotel each and every time my company exhibits in Biloxi, which is at least twice a year. Folks in Biloxi have been through it all, nightmares which most people cannot imagine, and yet not a bit this shows through in the way they present themselves, and nowhere is there better evidence of this great spirit than at Treasure Bay. Thank you for a wonderful stay, and the warmest welcome in the South.

Room Tip: If you can get a Gulf-view room in the Tower, you will probably enjoy it more than a room in the mot...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind review! I have personally shared this will everyone on our property to let them know what a great impression they have made. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again in the future, and we'd really love to have the opportunity to host your group functions as well, so please contact us to learn about our banquet information and group rates.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a great time in Biloxi for 4 nights! It was so refreshing to finally walk out of a casino in a good mood. Don't get me wrong...I still left in the red but had a great time doing so. Over 4 days I only lost 200 dollars...which I have lost in an hour at other casinos. They really do let you play and ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE! Totally worth the 8 hour drive to get comped drinks and great food. Treasure Bay gives you the great deal of 100 dollars back lost in 24 hours if you are a first time player. However, you can't do a penny spin and then cash out 99.99...it's technically more like free spins. Whatever you win is yours to keep. Play Lucky Lines in the back near the cashier. PAYS YOU WITH EVERY SPIN. I left with 75 of my 100 that I lost which I thought was fair. The food was fabulous. We received 3 free lunches and 3 free breakfasts with our instant comp. We got 2 free buffets and a tshirt at the hard rock for signing up for players cards. The best of all was the Beau. We didn't try the food but the slots were loose and drink service was great. Treasure Bay rooms were comfortable and clean. Will definitely be back...maybe even this summer...

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a view...the water is right across the street!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Wow! Thank you for your extremely thorough and informative review. My compliments to you for providing a vast amount of helpful information free of exaggerated opinions. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and truly hope that you’ll visit again soon and compose another honest and well-written review of our product.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend because we had a wedding to attend in the area. We had a gift certificate to stay here and we were pleasantly surprised that the front desk honored our certificate a week after it expired due to the wedding we had to attend.

The hotel and casino were smaller than the other large ones in the area but very clean and quiet. The room decor was very nice and modern. There was a large mirror in the room which I always appreciate and a coffee pot and a bathroom television. The balcony we had was also nice which looked out across the road to the beach. The negative aspects were that the bathroom lighting was very dim and there was no make-up mirror in the bathroom. The bathroom only had a shower (although it was a big one) which I wasn't aware of prior to my stay, so I called to ask for a room with a tub but the front desk said that they were all booked. So if you would like a tub in your bathroom, you need to make a request when you reserve your room.

We really enjoyed the food at CQ, the restaurant at the top of the hotel. The atmosphere was very elegant. The view was very romantic and nice and the service was great. The food was delicious and the chef (Josh Stetson) even came out to talk with us. We had steak and fish and salad and side dishes as well as dessert and everything was wonderful. We have eaten at many high-end resort restaurants in Las Vegas and we felt like this one was a little hidden gem in the area because the food was better (and reasonably priced) than some of those we have eaten at.

Overall, the hotel was quiet, clean, modern and met our needs. The casino was small but looked casino-like (unlike some I have visited in the area). We have put this hotel on our list to stay again. It is a nice place to stay for a reasonable price.

Note: The big casinos (Beau Rivage and Hard Rock, etc.) are across the street and just down the road.

Room Tip: Request a high floor so you will have a better view of the beach and request a tub because some room...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thanks so much for the wonderful review of our whole facility. I've made sure everyone has been given the opportunity to read about how their good work and guest service has paid off. I've particularly let Josh know how much you thought of his cuisine in CQ. Both he and the restaurant manager are very happy to get feedback. We all agree it is a hidden gem as well!

We hope you will consider staying with us very soon! Make sure to provide your email with our front desk or Player Services to receive special offers for rooms and food!