“Bring Me Back to Biloxi!”

Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Biloxi
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I discovered Treasure Bay when the hotel into which I had originally booked myself told me that the Treasure Bay shuttle would come and pick me up, and bring me back, if I wanted to go over to the hotel for dinner. Considering that my hotel had no restaurant, that there was nothing within a mile for food, and that I had no rental car, this sounded a lot better than calling for delivery pizza.

The shuttle arrived promptly, and I ended up having such a good time at the hotel, in their 9th floor restaurant - where I had a wonderful meal! - that I asked the driver on the way back if there was any to get into the hotel for the rest of my stay, and if so, could they take me back and forth to the trade show I needed to attend? I had asked at reservations and they had said they were full...The shuttle driver, Jimmy, immediately called reservations for me, talked to a friend, got me a reservation, and assured me that I would have transport every day. Wow! Jimmy went out of his way throughout my stay to make sure that my transport needs were met, and he and the rest of the staff at the Treasure Bay were all exactly what the hotel's name suggests: treasures.

It didn't matter that the motel side of the property is a little worn (I moved into the tower for my last night and it is better), the quality of this place is in its people. I loved them all. I will be putting my colleagues into this hotel each and every time my company exhibits in Biloxi, which is at least twice a year. Folks in Biloxi have been through it all, nightmares which most people cannot imagine, and yet not a bit this shows through in the way they present themselves, and nowhere is there better evidence of this great spirit than at Treasure Bay. Thank you for a wonderful stay, and the warmest welcome in the South.

Room Tip: If you can get a Gulf-view room in the Tower, you will probably enjoy it more than a room in the mot...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you so much for the kind review! I have personally shared this will everyone on our property to let them know what a great impression they have made. We look forward to exceeding your expectations again in the future, and we'd really love to have the opportunity to host your group functions as well, so please contact us to learn about our banquet information and group rates.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Had a great time in Biloxi for 4 nights! It was so refreshing to finally walk out of a casino in a good mood. Don't get me wrong...I still left in the red but had a great time doing so. Over 4 days I only lost 200 dollars...which I have lost in an hour at other casinos. They really do let you play and ENJOY THE EXPERIENCE! Totally worth the 8 hour drive to get comped drinks and great food. Treasure Bay gives you the great deal of 100 dollars back lost in 24 hours if you are a first time player. However, you can't do a penny spin and then cash out 99.99...it's technically more like free spins. Whatever you win is yours to keep. Play Lucky Lines in the back near the cashier. PAYS YOU WITH EVERY SPIN. I left with 75 of my 100 that I lost which I thought was fair. The food was fabulous. We received 3 free lunches and 3 free breakfasts with our instant comp. We got 2 free buffets and a tshirt at the hard rock for signing up for players cards. The best of all was the Beau. We didn't try the food but the slots were loose and drink service was great. Treasure Bay rooms were comfortable and clean. Will definitely be back...maybe even this summer...

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a view...the water is right across the street!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Scott W, Guest Relations Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Wow! Thank you for your extremely thorough and informative review. My compliments to you for providing a vast amount of helpful information free of exaggerated opinions. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and truly hope that you’ll visit again soon and compose another honest and well-written review of our product.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend because we had a wedding to attend in the area. We had a gift certificate to stay here and we were pleasantly surprised that the front desk honored our certificate a week after it expired due to the wedding we had to attend.

The hotel and casino were smaller than the other large ones in the area but very clean and quiet. The room decor was very nice and modern. There was a large mirror in the room which I always appreciate and a coffee pot and a bathroom television. The balcony we had was also nice which looked out across the road to the beach. The negative aspects were that the bathroom lighting was very dim and there was no make-up mirror in the bathroom. The bathroom only had a shower (although it was a big one) which I wasn't aware of prior to my stay, so I called to ask for a room with a tub but the front desk said that they were all booked. So if you would like a tub in your bathroom, you need to make a request when you reserve your room.

We really enjoyed the food at CQ, the restaurant at the top of the hotel. The atmosphere was very elegant. The view was very romantic and nice and the service was great. The food was delicious and the chef (Josh Stetson) even came out to talk with us. We had steak and fish and salad and side dishes as well as dessert and everything was wonderful. We have eaten at many high-end resort restaurants in Las Vegas and we felt like this one was a little hidden gem in the area because the food was better (and reasonably priced) than some of those we have eaten at.

Overall, the hotel was quiet, clean, modern and met our needs. The casino was small but looked casino-like (unlike some I have visited in the area). We have put this hotel on our list to stay again. It is a nice place to stay for a reasonable price.

Note: The big casinos (Beau Rivage and Hard Rock, etc.) are across the street and just down the road.

Room Tip: Request a high floor so you will have a better view of the beach and request a tub because some room...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thanks so much for the wonderful review of our whole facility. I've made sure everyone has been given the opportunity to read about how their good work and guest service has paid off. I've particularly let Josh know how much you thought of his cuisine in CQ. Both he and the restaurant manager are very happy to get feedback. We all agree it is a hidden gem as well!

We hope you will consider staying with us very soon! Make sure to provide your email with our front desk or Player Services to receive special offers for rooms and food!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Cant wait to visit this hotel on Jan 26 2013, heard nothing but good which will be pleasant after staying at some in the area. Taking my son for engagement present. Ill be sure to write a review after our stay.
Teresa Busby

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your excitement over your stay. I can’t wait to read your review, please include as many details , good or bad, as you care to share. I hope everyone enjoys the engagement present.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We spent a week there in February 2012 and I can't say enough good things about this hotel. ALL the staff were very friendly and our room was great. We were on the sixth floor with a balcony overlooking the Gulf.

Room Tip: Best view is facing the Gulf.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew U, Manager at Treasure Bay Casino and Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will come visit us again very soon and enjoy some more of our signature "Southern Hospitality!"

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Last year for scraping the coast 2012. we had about 20 people staying at this hotel. It was very nice, but EVERY TIME you walked in the hotel, you were questioned "why are you here" and we would reply "we are staying at this hotel" and theyd want i.d. the staff was very very rude. Everytime we would go downstairs to go on the town we would get dirty looks from the staff and security. We had felt very awkward, like they didnt want us here. And one time, a guy i was with and i got to the lobby.. they asked for our room keys to show we stayed there. and made him go allllll the way up to the 8th floor to get the room key! unbelivable. I really hope its different this year at scrapin the coast 2013 when we come to stay again! managment need to worn the staff about this issue or i will have something to say!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jane d

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am pleased that you chose Treasure Bay for your stay during last year's Scrapin' The Coast event and I do hope that you consider staying with us again this year.

While it is never our intention to make our guests feel uncomfortable, because we are in a casino and hotel environment rather than simply a hotel, certain precautions must be taken to prevent underage persons from being in a restricted area due to State Gaming Regulations and local laws. Since Scrapin' The Coast brings in such a young crowd, our Security must be vigilent that we remain compliant. We never want you to feel unwelcomed or unwanted, though, and if there is a personal issue with our Security, please do not hesitate to contact any of our mangers on duty to help remedy the situation.

Events such as Scrapin' The Coast are vital to the local economy and Treasure Bay, and it is our hope that each year is bigger and better than the last! If there is anything we can do to make your future stay more pleasant, please do not hesitate to call upon us to do so.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Loved our room in the main tower and hotel location. Beautifully decorated and renovated post Katrina. The beds are scrumptious and comfortable. Also enjoyed the beautiful roomy two-level swimming pools. Great fun!

My biggest complaint was I felt like I was under constant surveillance in the public areas. There are security guards posted at each entrance and in hallways. I was stopped and questioned by various ones asking where I was going . . .my reply: " I'm going to my hotel room." Also, you have to wear wrist bands to swim in the pool; and security actually makes sweeps of pool guests to make sure you have your wrist band. I had just returned from a week in Vegas with NONE of this kind of scrutiny. To their defense, I must add: I was visiting with my 2 teenaged sons, but they were also with me in Vegas.

Also be aware that if you book a "Limited View" room, that is EXACTLY what you will get. We had an ocean view which was partially behind large roof-top A/C units which whirred with a great roar. However, we still managed to enjoy our large balcony and the part of the beach we could see. The seagulls were also very entertaining. Be prepared if you walk out on your balcony with ANYTHING to eat, you will be joined by a bunch of seagulls singing, "Mine! Mine! Mine!"

Oh by the way, you have to go check out Zepplin's Pizzaria & Sandwiches on Howard St at the corner of Main during your visit. Excellent!

Room Tip: Partial view rooms on the beach are if you are looking for a good value, but just know they WILL BE...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nancy G

Thank you so much for your kind review of our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and definitely look forward to your visit again this year.

On behalf of Security, I apologize if you were made to feel uncomfortable. Unfortunately, we've experienced some issues with people using the facility who were not authorized as well as underage people in restricted areas so Security has been ramped up to deal with those issues. I've personally been working with the Security department to help work out ways in which we can find a happy medium and make sure all our guests feel welcomed and wanted!

In the meantime, we will continue to provide Southern Hospitality to all our guests and do our very best to make your stay another one to remember.

PS - when you book, consider booking one of our lofts - each other features a panoramic (floor to ceiling) view from the very top of our hotel tower along with special accomodations such as a jacuzzi tub and mini-fridge and award winning decor.